We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet the Admin. Team

Go down 
+16
Katie Hopkins
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Dead Lemon
Admin
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
oldschool
JayMoyles
Balladeer
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 14:22

It hit home for me what an arbitrary cultural bias it is when I watched a bit of a Japanese drama about Ancient Rome. At first I thought it was totally bizarre to see a bunch of Japanese dudes playing ancient Romans. Then I realised, it doesn't really make any more sense to have pasty white British thesps in those roles. That's just how Hollywood portrays "the past".
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2019 - 23:51

Balladeer wrote:
That's an excellent wildlife story. Laughing Also, top work with them names this week.

Surprisingly dark answer to the fifth question though.  Sudden mood whiplash there!

My overwhelming pessimism at the direction in which the UK is heading bled into things there. Laughing

Drunkalilly wrote:
Link's Awakening was remade for Switch this month, and famously features cameos from Chain-Chomps, Goombas, and other extra-Zelda Nintendo characters.  Smash and Mario Kart aside, what Nintendo character is going to crossover into another Nintendo franchise next?

I'd like to see a full-size Nintendo character as a boss in the next Pikmin game. Climbing up Luigi's dungarees, hiding in his 'tache, battering him in the face, making a line of Pikmin to trip him up and then clobber him, avoiding getting stomped on or sucked into a hoover . . . it'd be a chuckle.

Presented by Nintendo... Shadow of the Boolossus.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Daemon x Machina finally came out this month, but it had already been hamstrung by a demo. that showed it at its worst.  Tell us about a time when the first part of a game, or its demo., put you off a game you'd later love.

A couple of action games have hidden what feels like an essential mechanic behind an unlock or a skill tree. Off the top of my head, both Wonderful 101 and Dragon's Dogma started me off without a decent dodge or block, but became much more fun when I had those.

Astral Chain is a perfect example of this too, actually. The opening bits where you just swung away with your baton and hadn't yet unlocked the cool link attacks made the early parts feel kinda dull, all told.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
I'd like to see a full-size Nintendo character as a boss in the next Pikmin game. Climbing up Luigi's dungarees, hiding in his 'tache, battering him in the face, making a line of Pikmin to trip him up and then clobber him, avoiding getting stomped on or sucked into a hoover . . . it'd be a chuckle.

Presented by Nintendo... Shadow of the Boolossus.

Featuring the KIU controls.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:56

So the controls will be fine then but people will moan because they don't understand they're meant to be like that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 20:09

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 200
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 1:08

Might have update the forum rules to include badmouthing of SotC being a bannable offense... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 4:53

It's very dumb that the horse lived.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 9:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Might have update the forum rules to include badmouthing of SotC being a bannable offense... Evil or Very Mad

We have rules?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 22:36

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

We have rules?

When we want to enforce them...  Winky Face

Drunkalilly wrote:
It's very dumb that the horse lived.

...like now for example. AGRO WAS A GOOD BOY
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 22:45

JayMoyles wrote:
AGRO WAS A GOOD BOY

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 12:23

Turn down the lights, turn up the volume, and get ready to scream your way through Meet The Admin. Team: Paranormal Edition! OooooOOOOooo... Boo

Moyletergust G-00:

Balhatdeer:

Code:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 12:50

It's Halloween in October, natch, and in the words of everyone's new favourite game developer Ikumi Nakamura, "it's spoooky". Tell us about your favourite spooky or creepy video game moment.

First time you see a licker in Res Evil 2 (Not the Remake)

In this, the month of Luigi, Luigi's Mansion 3 sends Luigi once more into a haunted house armed with a hoover. What common household item would you use to battle ghosts, and how would it be modified?

TV and ask if they would like to watch A Good Place on Netflix

A Hat in Time came out on Switch this month. We'll keep it simple: what hat would you wear to go on an adventure?

No hat for me

Little Town Hero met with mixed views this month, suggesting Game Freak didn't quite nail their small town-RPG. What small town or area should they have set a game in, and what sort of game would it be?

Right you set the game on a football pitch and you make it an RPG

The Outer Worlds launched last month and saw players exploring dangerous alien planets and taking down beasties with an array of futuristic weaponry. If you were tasked with exploring an uncharted alien world, what would be your future gun of choice?

Words, mate

Nah maybe a new version of the land shark launcher. I also need to start this game, dam you Game Pass with all your games and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Japan have exceeded expectations again with a great showing in the Rugby World Cup which followed a similar plucky performance in last year's football World Cup. Who's your favourite underdog in sports?

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 20:55

Daniel Bryan was the wrestler to draw me back in after 11 years of not watching - that run from Summerslam 2013 to Wrestlemania 30 was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 2:55

It's Halloween in October, natch, and in the words of everyone's new favourite game developer Ikumi Nakamura, "it's spoooky". Tell us about your favourite spooky or creepy video game moment.
My go-to answer is still that "Ben Drowned" horror story and video with the haunted Majora's Mask cartridge. So good.
For something that's actually in a game, I've been really enjoying the spooky atmosphere playing Fatal Frame with Shen.

In this, the month of Luigi, Luigi's Mansion 3 sends Luigi once more into a haunted house armed with a hoover. What common household item would you use to battle ghosts, and how would it be modified?
Breville toasty maker. I clamp it around their ghost balls and crank up the heat.

A Hat in Time came out on Switch this month. We'll keep it simple: what hat would you wear to go on an adventure?
An obnoxiously flamboyant cowboy hat.

Little Town Hero met with mixed views this month, suggesting Game Freak didn't quite nail their small town-RPG. What small town or area should they have set a game in, and what sort of game would it be?
A small Engish village. Horror mystery game where you slowly uncover some Wicker Man/ Hot Fuzz cultish goings on.

The Outer Worlds launched last month and saw players exploring dangerous alien planets and taking down beasties with an array of futuristic weaponry. If you were tasked with exploring an uncharted alien world, what would be your future gun of choice?
The devolution gun from the Super Mario Bros Movie. It''d be cool to turn people into chimps.

Japan have exceeded expectations again with a great showing in the Rugby World Cup which followed a similar plucky performance in last year's football World Cup. Who's your favourite underdog in sports?
I still have a soft spot for Leicester after they won the League that year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 9:24

You should play Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 10:40

masofdas wrote:
You should play Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

I'm saving it until I've been here longer and I start to actually feel homesick.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 21:34

masofdas wrote:
No hat for me
Ah come on Mas, what if you had to wear one?

masofdas wrote:
Nah maybe a new version of the land shark launcher.
This sounded fun, but I tried to look it up and wandered into a Let's Play of the most banal kind. Aww! Does it do what it says on the tin?

Drunkalilly wrote:
A small Engish village. Horror mystery game where you slowly uncover some Wicker Man/ Hot Fuzz cultish goings on.
Not so much horror, but I'd be very much up for a Hotel Dusk-alike set in Brexit-on-the-Wold, Nowhereshire.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 21:45

Certainly does, you fire it and shark comes out of the ground to eat your enemies.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 22:05

Wins by default doesn't it? It or the Cerebral Bore.

Come on though - hat choice if forced. You can go for one with a propelor on if you like, we won't judge. Well, I won't.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 19:44

We've not got many more chances to MtAT, but here's what we remember of November.

Jaycien:

Ballazenta:

Code:

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 5 Dec 2019 - 20:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 20:01

Pokémon Sword came out in November, bringing with it a host of new Britain-based monsters, but missing the opportunity to plunder our rich 'cultural' heritage for ideas. What real-life British person should have got an expy in the game, and what Pokémon should they have had?

I don't know who but I wanted my Dragon Eevee

Alongside Sword came Pokémon Shield, described as one member of this forum as being 'for cops'. What's your favourite policeman or policewoman in video games?

Leon S. Kennedy

Death Stranding proved to be rather divisive when it launched last month with some proclaiming it as a game of the year contender and others as the most boring game they've ever played. What game do you like that the masses seem to despise or on the flip side, what game do you hate that most folks seem to love?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild its bobbins

Stadia! It's here, albeit with a whimper as opposed to a bang. What product was you incredibly excited to get your hands on that ended up to be a bit of a flop?

I honestly can't think of anything as what the masses would say is a flop such as the Virtual Boy, Jaguar etc I still had fun with. Why Balla saying Wii U sure is correct in terms of salezzz but was it t you?

The Mandalorian introduced us to the cuteness of what the Internet has coined "Baby Yoda". Which video game character should be "babified" to become the next viral craze?

The goose

Love him or loathe him, Elon Musk announced the Tesla Cybertruck (badly) last month. With its blocky aesthetic it looks like something out of an N64 game, but which N64 game should Tesla have used as inspiration for their new 'hammer-proof' truck?

Beetle Racing as who doesn't love a bug
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 11:38

masofdas wrote:
Why Balla saying Wii U sure is correct in terms of salezzz but was it t you?

It... kinda was, overall. Neutral The weak launch didn't help, lacking a true killer app. Then there were long drought periods. If we exclude BotW, available better elsewhere and at the same time, only two Wii U games made my top 25 of all time, both since done better on Switch. That's the least of any console after the GBA. Time's been even less kind to it, since most of the good games have come to Switch. I've got fond memories of it, but yep, it was a relative flop for me.

Untitled Gosling Game would be tremendous. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 11:42

Funny as what you're saying is why I'm still not keen on the Switch and actually I could have put the Switch, not BotW as something everyone likes but you don't question.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 1:36

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2019 - 1:42

masofdas wrote:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild its bobbins

Disapoointing. I was really hoping Frozen 2 would have a new version.

Also, other forumites using Balla posho speak sounds about as natural as Balla swearing and using scottish/ street slang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet the Admin. Team
Page 29 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next