We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:54

I was thinking that as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:55

No, not really. I don't think Link should be anything other than the boy scout good guy. That said, I'd like to be able to apply a little more of my own problem solving if they're going to go down the LBW route of having a more open adventure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:56

Argh... The trouble is that whenever somebody suggests a change to the formula, I automatically seem to disagree, and I can't quite be sure whether it's rational Balladeer or Zelda-loving fanboy Balladeer speaking! (They both love Zelda, to be fair.)

In this case, again, I like the linearity. There's nothing I hate more than having to go all the way back through a 30h+ adventure to see the additional dialogue. That said, SS had one small example of this (the love letter sub-quest), and I wouldn't mind a couple more like that; but don't make me have to play the entire game twice to get all the characterisation, please.

There are some more cosmetic major changes that I wouldn't mind seeing. I've already mentioned including sections where you don't have to play as Link, taking over as Zelda or Sheik or someone (GROOOOOSE); and I'd definitely rather have a shake-up of the opening dungeons, so that we don't get grass/fire/water (or sand) again. Even giving us a completely different location, maybe steampunk or Arabian Nights-based, would tickle my variety glands (steady...). But I really enjoy the basic structure of the games. I think Nintendo nailed that with OoT, and don't see why it needs changing on a fundamental level.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 17:00

I don't want them to go down the Skyrim route of having acres and acres of world with nothing to do, but I'd like to feel a bit more like I was exploring a world. I think Link Between Worlds was the perfect direction, I just want them to take a couple more steps that way.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 17:02

Again, can't agree! I loved ALBW, but I thought that its changes from the normal Zelda structure were the absolute worse thing about it. They hamstrung its dungeons and its challenge level, left no room for dungeon-related story progression, and the less said about the rental mechanic the better. I absolutely want the linearity of OoT, TP, and even MM back (although no time shenanigans please).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 0:33

drunkalilly wrote:
but I'd like to feel a bit more like I was exploring a world

THIS.

They just need to make it more believable in how its all connected with perhaps having multiple routes into certain areas, I think this is the main reason why I prefer 2D Zelda games compared to 3d ones as the latter often just felt like a bunch of level bunched together rather than one big map you could get lost in. (in the good way)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 May 2014 - 14:08

On the voice acting
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 May 2014 - 12:48

I've said this before on the old forum, and a comment in the 'Gaming OCD' thread about saving anywhere reminded me of this, but: a 'Dungeon Reset' option.

All the dungeons in Zeldas are basically self-contained puzzles, not really affecting the outside world in any meaningful way beyond "dungeon is complete = next bit unlocks". Internally, however, they're much more complex and if you go away half-way it's often difficult to pick back up where you were before- exacerbated by Skyward Sword's bird statues that let you save in arbitrary locations rather than returning you to the entrance of the dungeon.

So the ability to completely return the dungeon back to its original state- returning all the items and rupees to the chests so you can go through the first few bits of the dungeon again, probably doing it slightly faster than before, as it'll be familiar- would be a big help.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 15:51

The_Jaster wrote:
drunkalilly wrote:
but I'd like to feel a bit more like I was exploring a world

THIS.

They just need to make it more believable in how its all connected with perhaps having multiple routes into certain areas, I think this is the main reason why I prefer 2D Zelda games compared to 3d ones as the latter often just felt like a bunch of level bunched together rather than one big map you could get lost in. (in the good way)

Zelda's always offered a convincing world, though, just in different ways. When those ways fall apart, it's noticeable. Twilight Princess' world didn't feel very interconnected at all, but the differences between the games generally have a big effect on world building.

In Majora's Mask you get to feel incredibly close to not only the events of Termina, but the folk within it, as you go from what feels like stranger to someone who knows exactly what's going to happen before it actually does.

Wind Waker had a proper interconnected open world: see that island off in the distance? Well you can just hop onto a boat and properly sail over to it.

Ocarina of Time had a great interconnected world through events, and a smartly designed Hyrule Field that would branch off into each main location. The 7 year time jump also helped form cohesion between locations and NPCs and overall everything in that did feel like it was happening within the same interconnected game world.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 18:37

Well that didn't look too bad, did it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8C1oxc6GdPc

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 Image_321401_fit_620
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 18:39

I had to change my pants
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 20:23

I couldn't have imagined anything better. So, so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 20:57

I'm still a little weirded out by what looks like technology to be honest, the strange omnidroid running around shooting lasers of death was just weird.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:01

There was a bit of that in skyward sword. It's like an old dead civilisation or whatever. I don't mind that angle.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:01

I've often said that I want a sci-fi Zelda, and this is looking quite like that. Plasma arrows? Ta very much!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
There was a bit of that in skyward sword. It's like an old dead civilisation or whatever. I don't mind that angle.

Well I guess that fits in with the anime-esque look the link in that teaser had.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 1:39

I want it now!  Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 3:29

Yeah it looked alright  Whistle 

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 5:36

I never tired of seeing this picture pop up on my twitter feed today (yesterday)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 The-legend-of-zelda-sortira-wii-u-2014-1611966-616x380

also just spotted the volcano top right.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 7:07

The lighting to me looked a little off in places, but it's early days and oh my god literally everything else.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:59

If that's in-engine like they've stated (I always take those claims with a pinch of salt at E3) then I don't see how ANYONE can't be impressed by that. Absolutely stunning, and the idea of seeing something cool in the distance and being able to travel to it is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:06

Could be bullshots, but I don't think the close-range graphics will be. Nintendo are producing a lot of very pretty Wii U games at the moment. The final draw distance might not be as ridiculous as it looks now.

So many Ghibli comparisons. You may have Ni No Kuni, Sony-owners, but we have a real-time Ghibli game with plasma arrows! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:21

Balladeer wrote:
The final draw distance might not be as ridiculous as it looks now.

Gah, I hope it is though. Being able to see a sprawling horizon of mountaintops, picking one to go towards and then actually reaching it would really make this a special Zelda game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:22

I saw this in the Skype talk, I went to sleep but surprised axis didn't post it here himself.

Who is it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:24

I did think he looked female - well, more female than usual. Zelda, mayhaps?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 3 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next