Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:27

Maybe but didn't seem female or royal enough but did have a bit of pony tail in the trailer I think if you watch carefully. So who knows also I like the twin idea that someone put on GAF.

Also I like open world but I hope the story element takes me to where I need to be, as from playing elder scrolls games I always know where I had to be to progress the story quest along with doing sidequests for the dark brotherhood. So in this games case having the right stuff for each dungeon, so I don't go I'm going to the Volcano one and get utterly destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:42

It's Aonuma infuriated by the gay Mario-Link kiss so he's making it cannon that Link is a girl. This is a heterosexual game, for heterosexual people.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 12:43

Surely the most obvious answer would be that you can choose your gender in this game?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 14:35

& a starter sidekick.  Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 10:37

It was LINK it was a bad translation now apparently.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 9:31

Some sort of MP is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 23:55

In an interview, Aonuma compared the size of this Hyrule to the Kyoto region of Japan. So pretty big...

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 0:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kyoto and Kanto are very different sizes...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 7:21

If I can spend an hour just riding over this landscape on horseback, and if it's a bit less bland than WW's ocean, I will be very happy.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 18:04

The latest onm has that screenshot taking up most of a double page spread. It looks gorgeous. I'm dead certain this is gonna go straight to the top of my best games ever list.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 11:51

To carry on with the point I brought up here, in the MK8 thread:

Eiji Aonuma wrote:
The development team showed me how the Master Cycle races on the track, and I was overwhelmed by how great it looked. (It looked so cool that I also want it to appear in games I work on.)

Futuristic/steampunk Zelda confirmed?  As if the plasma arrows and octodroid weren't evidence enough.  And could Epona have competition?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 15:37

I can't help but think this is a terrible idea even if it is in a futuristic/steampunk Zelda.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 9:31

Big and Beautiful.
Yeh, I just came.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 9:33

Yes, great-looking stuff. Running with wild horses? Vaulting off to fire and arrow in slow-motion? Yes please!

I just hope they don't cut corners, WW-style, because of the 2015 release date. Doesn't look like the world's been shrunk any, though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 9:56

2015 seems early but if you figure they've been working on this since SS dropped in 2011, it's had a lot of work.

It did look a bit barren in that video but I'm confident they just deliberately didn't show much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 11:13

Just finished watching the GA's what a way to end with that which looks incredible.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 11:48

I wasn't all that impressed if I'm completely blunt. It's early days yet as already said, but my biggest peeve with games where the emphasis is on open world running around is the lack of anything of note. While the lackluster gameplay I've also experienced from that genre doesn't look to be an issue I am very concerned that the lands size will be vast, but it will only have the typical amount of content in zelda spread over it. Only time will tell one way or the other, but as a tease I'm afraid it's had the opposite effect that was probably intended and instead of getting me excited has reinforced my previous views.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 12:08

Given the positive reaction from everyone else, I doubt they'll mind too much. Razz Xenoblade was very similar in that regard, especially Gaur Plains, and I didn't hear you complaining about that!

For me, a large scale can do a lot. It's all about the feel of the game: it can change an enjoyable world into an epic one, make the scale of the quest feel greater even if the stakes are the same. So long as everything doesn't look the same, like the Great Sea, and there's an effective fast-travel system, I don't mind if everything's a bit spread out.

And even if it turns out to be Great Sea levels of barren, it'll still be a damn sight better than SS' sky.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 15:36

To be fair I didn't really post that much when I was playing xenoblade, and I actually have a bit of a checkered history with it.  The first time I played it it got shelved for over a year around the wood area.  Even when I got in to it and finished it I now believe its size is both its biggest asset and its biggest flaw.  On the one hand Xenoblade was extremely ambitious, and it worked very well.  On the other it could have been significantly better if it had less overall content with that effort instead going in to making what content there is more meaningful.  It comes down to the old proverb that sometimes less is more, or in Xenoblade's case the reverse was true in some parts of it.

I like Xenoblade, but that doesn't mean it gets spared from my criticisms.  Actually the more I like something the more critical I tend to be of it (up to a point, if I'm practically frothing at the mouth about something then it's not me being tsundere, I just flat out hate it, doesn't happen much but it happens enough that I need to preface it with this overly long sentence disrupting insert), especially things I look back on retrospectively.  

Won't disagree with you about it topping skyward however, that sky was beyond bland and boring.  Honestly Skyward never really clicked with me overall, to this day it's the only modern zelda I started that I never finished. I probably will when I get a wii u at some point, whenever that happens to be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 15:49

I thought it looked brilliant but I can understand Athrun's fears about the world, if it has enough content to cover the vast world then all will be good, I just hope it's interconnectivity of the world is believable & that can sometimes be harder to pull off when it's bigger.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 17:30

I'm pretty confident ninty will fill the world with charming characters and interesting bits and bobs. These are the guys.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 18:42

Drunka's probably right. Thumbs Up!

In any case, I disagree with Athrun's assessment of the scale being a flaw of XC's. Having said that, I can see exactly why he might think that way, and there were a few moments when I was wondering whether I was going off the beaten path and wondering whether there was any point in doing so. And having said that, the new areas I found were almost always worth it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 21:00

I never had a problem with Xenoblade, that world felt like it had plenty to see and do as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:01

I agree with Balla and Andy: Xenoblade's an example of how to do a big sprawling overworld the right way. Its landscapes' hand crafted nature is evident and they don't have a procedurally or randomly generated feel to them, and the landmarks themselves make it worth going off on a tangent to explore, never mind the various sidequests.

It's presented in a way which doesn't overwhelm you either: you can put as much or as little time into things, you're not presented with a sea of icons on a map to be diverted towards.

As for Zelda, we're clearly being shown footage from October/November, nearly a year before development's been wrapped up. What was shown off still made my heart race, but it's clear it's still unfinished and there's a world that'll need populating. But to me this does look like how the 2D Zeldas work, only this big, sprawling world makes use of the verticality afforded by it being in 3D. Previous 2D games always stuck mountainous areas towards the top of the map to make it seem like moving "up" the map was like going higher in 3D space.

The 2015 release is great, too: Skyward Sword clearly suffered from its lengthy five year development period, where you could tell the team had created all this content but struggled to fit it all together without the end result feeling extremely padded out despite said content being good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:11

Five years? They could have managed at least a boss for the Triforce dungeon and some more enemy variety with that length of time!

fronkhead wrote:
It's presented in a way which doesn't overwhelm you either: you can put as much or as little time into things, you're not presented with a sea of icons on a map to be diverted towards.

Er, well, there are times. When you're in places like the Gaur outpost place or winged-person city, and all the quests will vanish if you don't do them all NOW. Especially winged-person city, which was the only place I'd say was too spread out.

Fortunately, Zelda doesn't tend to do "timed quests".
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:15

Oh yeah, timed quests *shakes fist*. I'd love to be able to forget about quests but you end up feeling guilty for missing out when they do eventually disappear.

The social links chart is something else which was a muddle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next