We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:10

Laughing says the guy who didn't put in as much time as most folk on here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:13

I wanted to get the horrid taste gone, Jas.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:13

I see your bait and know your game, Pengilly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:22

Now now, go easy on him. It can't be easy to find out that you've played one of the Games Of All Time all wrong. Quite understandable that he'd lash out.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:23

masofdas wrote:
I wanted to get the horrid taste gone, Jas.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:41

JayMoyles wrote:
I see your bait and know your game, Pengilly.

I can go one better.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:41

So, after initially being scared of certain things in the game my nephew loves the game to bits & when I'm at my brothers he always asks about what I've done in the game or tells me what he's done with such an excited look on his face. One time I was helping him find some of the Zora armour by just nudging him in a general direction & it dawned on me that this is his first Zelda game (quite jealous of that tbh) and even though he asks for help with certain things he did unlock all of the tower locations by himself.

He's 6 years old.

GAME. OF. ALL. TIME.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:05

I just got hold of a Wii U copy for when I give the machine to my brother after his exams. I can't wait to relive it through him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 0:00

The_Jaster wrote:
So, after initially being scared of certain things in the game my nephew loves the game to bits & when I'm at my brothers he always asks about what I've done in the game or tells me what he's done with such an excited look on his face. One time I was helping him find some of the Zora armour by just nudging him in a general direction & it dawned on me that this is his first Zelda game (quite jealous of that tbh) and even though he asks for help with certain things he did unlock all of the tower locations by himself.

He's 6 years old.

GAME. OF. ALL. TIME.

That's ace. My first Zelda was Wind Waker - I wasn't as young as your nephew, but I still remember getting dead excited about it a pre-teen sprog. There's something properly magical about playing video-games when you're younger, isn't there?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 5:48

That's the sort of game that'll shape a kid's preferences for life. Reminds me of playing SM64 in a way: pottering about the worlds, awed by their sheer size and scope. It stayed with me forever, made me long for another exploratory Mario.

This kid's the same. He'll be gutted if the next Zelda is more traditional in style!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 11:09

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

He's 6 years old.

GAME. OF. ALL. TIME.

That's ace. My first Zelda was Wind Waker - I wasn't as young as your nephew, but I still remember getting dead excited about it a pre-teen sprog. There's something properly magical about playing video-games when you're younger, isn't there?

Absolutely! I honestly thought it'd be quite complex for him not only in terms of the world size but dealing with the menus as well but he gets on fine with it & even has armour that I haven't found yet.

Balladeer wrote:
That's the sort of game that'll shape a kid's preferences for life.  Reminds me of playing SM64 in a way: pottering about the worlds, awed by their sheer size and scope.  It stayed with me forever, made me long for another exploratory Mario.

This kid's the same.  He'll be gutted if the next Zelda is more traditional in style!

The bit I've marked in bold is mainly what he does, that and break all of his shields. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 15:57

At its core, it's a pretty simple game to understand I suppose.

Here's something I've thought about - I think it would have been breathtaking to experience it without using the world map at all, only relying on directions or just happening upon locations as you wandered about the world. I almost wish I'd done that now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 19:37

There's a fine line between not handholding and being frustrating...

...okay there isn't, there's a ruddy massive patch of grey fog, but I reckon mapless gameplay would cross it for me. Would be nice to include the option, natch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 20:38

Balladeer wrote:

...okay there isn't, there's a ruddy massive patch of grey fog, but I reckon mapless gameplay would cross it for me.  Would be nice to include the option, natch.

Erm...the mapless option is there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 20:40

Damn you, Nintendo! Outsmarted again! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 20:47

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

...okay there isn't, there's a ruddy massive patch of grey fog, but I reckon mapless gameplay would cross it for me.  Would be nice to include the option, natch.

Erm...the mapless option is there.

I was more meaning turning off the access to the world map, not the minimap.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 20:49

Ahhhh that would be interesting but I reckon they'd have to direct you a bit more for main quests or make important landmarks more obvious.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:24

JayMoyles wrote:
Here's something I've thought about - I think it would have been breathtaking to experience it without using the world map at all, only relying on directions or just happening upon locations as you wandered about the world. I almost wish I'd done that now.

That's almost what I did, to be honest. I turned off most of the HUD and minimap options straight away, and I only used the map to warp from shrine to shrine after I'd unlocked a bunch.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 0:31

Only just finished my last Divine Beast, I keep getting distracted by side quests but my next big task will be getting the Master Sword which I attempted and failed previously. I will finish this before the end of the year I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 8:30

Finally started going back, pootling around looking for shrines. Bloody hell this is a beautiful game . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 16:28

Welcome back.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 Welcome+4chan+refugees+we+think+you+ll+like+it+here_13b0b7_5301567
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:30

I wish I could replay this game, but I want to let it linger as a beautiful beautiful memory for a while. Still, it definitely is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:42

I think I'm going to jump back on it soon too especially since I just found out that the smash bros toon Link amiibo can unlock the wind waker version of the green Tunic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 11:57

Balladeer wrote:
I wish I could replay this game, but I want to let it linger as a beautiful beautiful memory for a while.  Still, it definitely is beautiful.

I had a good month or two of that, but now I'm ready to return.
And fuck me is that world gorgeous. I'm so looking forward to my brother finishing his exams so I can relive the game through him.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:13

With uni over as of a couple of weeks ago I once again took a deep breath and dove into the wilds of Hyrule. And I found my first ever bear, I don't know how it took me so long to find one but I found him and until I killed and ate him his name was Boris. I also just cleared my 96th shrine, which I'm very proud of, I'm putting off my Ganon fight until I've got all the memories and shrines, because once I beat him I probably won't return to the game for a while.
The world being as wonderful as it is, I feel under no pressure to save it. Which makes no sense whatsoever I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 27 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next