We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Konami, and how they stink

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Konami, and how they stink Empty
PostSubject: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 19:11

Here is a article from Push Square but does seem Kojima was telling the truth this time about MGSV: The Phantom Pain being his last MGS.

Be interesting if anyone tries to sign him & his team up to do some exclusive games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 5:24

He's going to Rovio to develop the next Angry Birds game. You use your birds to take down Laughing Pig, Revolver Pig, Liquid Pig and his friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:56

Sold

I think if he does leave Konami well are shooting there self's in the foot.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 11:02

Oh, absolutely. Kojima is Metal Gear, and without that, I'm not really sure what Konami have left.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 11:36

JayMoyles wrote:
He's going to Rovio to develop the next Angry Birds game. You use your birds to take down Laughing Pig, Revolver Pig, Liquid Pig and his friends.

Angry Snakes, surely? Plays a bit like the Ekans minigame from Pokémon Stadium.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 12:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Oh, absolutely. Kojima is Metal Gear, and without that, I'm not really sure what Konami have left.

Impetus to do something with Castlevania, PES, Goemon, Parodius... *dreams*
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 12:34

No offence, but apart from Boktai (GBA) and Lunar Knights (DS), I haven't had the slightest interest in any game he has made. The whole Metal Gear thing has been one giant yawn for me, with one tried, resulting in never wanting to play another. I know why I don't care, but I am not dismissing others who do care.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 14:05

ZeroJones wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Impetus to do something with Castlevania, PES, Goemon, Parodius... *dreams*

You would hope so, but the glory days of Castlevania and PES are gone - FIFA regularly and easily outsells PES, and Castlevania isn't the powerhouse it was in the mid to late 90s. Metal Gear is Konami's golden goose, and if Kojima leaves, it might stop laying eggs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 14:45

Legend of Mystical Ninja Wii U: Return of the Green-Haired Fish-Lady-no-Jutsu?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 18:59

Jay wrote:
You would hope so, but the glory days of Castlevania and PES are gone - FIFA regularly and easily outsells PES

Hasn't it always outsold PES? (even when pes was the better game) The whole FIFA and PES thing is strange as even many admit this years PES plays the better game but struggles massively with team/player licences and sadly that's what the majority want from their football games and FIFA will always win out there because how big EA are.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 19:12

Nope - time for graphs!

Sure, FIFA is generally dominant, but when I said "easily outsells", I'm referring to the widening gap between PES and FIFA over the years. It is sad, as it's generally the better game of football, but it looks like dogshit when compared to FIFA and that really harms it in the eyes of the casual market. FIFA has the brand behind too, and all of EA's might for advertising.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 19:48

Graphs! Sad So... so beautiful...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 20:39

Like Zeros points out they have quite a few good IPs but MGS is there big one which without Kojima is not the same like how Resident Evil not been the same without Mikami (might be spelt wrong). That MGS like RE might go down the pan and I see Konami like Capcom milking the series with remakes etc.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 21:23

The current situation of both Konami and Capcom makes me really sad. They were two of the biggest and best video game companies in the SNES era but never quite managed to keep the variety they had achieved then going into the 3D era. I say this in the full knowledge that they have made games like Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 (must be something about 4!) but the stock of both has slipped. Sad.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 21:54

The Metal Gear series has kept on its legs, and the Wiiware Mega Man titles were supposedly quite good, but you're right in saying that the general quality of the two companies has dipped considerably. Nintendo should buy up Sega, Konami and Capcom and form a massive Japanese games conglomerate.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 17:39

JayMoyles wrote:
Nope - time for graphs!

Sure, FIFA is generally dominant, but when I said "easily outsells", I'm referring to the widening gap between PES and FIFA over the years. It is sad, as it's generally the better game of football, but it looks like dogshit when compared to FIFA and that really harms it in the eyes of the casual market. FIFA has the brand behind too, and all of EA's might for advertising.

I've always preferred the way PES looks as well, again where it matters on the pitch with the player likenesses etc. for example I'd obviously go the team I support (Celtic) and over the years even when we weren't officially licensed in the game PES had the better likenesses over FIFA.

Though the presentation & commentary is miles ahead in the FIFA games

---

Anyhow I'm a bit off topic, so, Kojima leaving Konami? While it's a massive loss surely they have just as capable people waiting in the wings? I just hope they don't thrust the MGS series onto those people or it could be a Resident Evil/Capcom situation all over again.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 18:55

The_Jaster wrote:

Anyhow I'm a bit off topic, so, Kojima leaving Konami? While it's a massive loss surely they have just as capable people waiting in the wings? I just hope they don't thrust the MGS series onto those people or it could be a Resident Evil/Capcom situation all over again.

Kojima's special - he's a real creative genius. It's not just Metal Gear - he was behind PT as well, which created such a buzz last year and that was only a bloody demo. I reckon this like Shigsy deciding to leave Nintendo. It's a real blow to Konami.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 23:00

Oh I'd absolutely agree with that I'm just saying that there's bound to be a lot of unsung heroes still at the company.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 18:43

Well I guess you have all seen that Silent Hills is pretty much canned.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 18:53

Yeah - supposedly Guillermo del Toro was really torn up about it in an interview. A shame, considering P.T. looked like a promising sign of things to come.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 19:40

While it is a bit of a shame, if Phantom Pain is as good as it looks and wraps up the story Kojima wanted to tell, I'd rather he stopped making Metal Gear when he wanted than he kept going and lost his touch. And since Konami probably stifled his creativity outside Metal Gear, I think leaving the company and doing his own thing is the right choice. Even if it is very un-Japanese.

Edit: events today, as well as some pretty big stuff on the rumour mill, make it look like there is more going on here than anybody thought. La Li Lu Le Lo
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:46

Mr Sterling's views
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:23

I watched that yesterday - it's less about the repercussions of Kojima leaving and more about Konami being tits from time to time. If they hadn't wronged Jim personally, we'd probably have seen a much more reasoned video from him on this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:37

Yes, it's hard for me to take what Jim says about Konami seriously. That said, I also find it hard to listen to him and think they're anything other than awful. And they're certainly going down the tube nowadays, it seems.

Prove me/him wrong, Konami fans!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:41

Is it just me but all what seems like big companies in Japan back in the day all going down the pan / shadow of there former selves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink Empty

Back to top Go down

Konami, and how they stink
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next