We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Konami, and how they stink

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 8:06

https://twitter.com/metalgear_en/status/635959519118422016
Can't find the original article I read but yeah, that's the situation. I imagine there will be more than enough coins in the game to get one fully functional FOB.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 8:19

Hmm, interesting are we thinking Gamespot have gone for clickbait then.

I still don't like the idea of microtransactions in game though but hopefully that tweet is correct and gamespot isn't, we will find out on the 1st.

We still don't know if online will have any sort of paid stuff when that launches.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 8:51

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
He does make some excellent points but if it doesn't ruin the overall experience (which we don't know for certain yet that it does) then I personally won't have a massive problem with them being in there.

I know that most of us are clever or strong-willed enough not to be affected, but what he's getting at is (a) it's bad for consumers as a group and (b) even the smallest nudge the shop's way is distracting, unnecessary, and a general negative from anyone's point of view.  Even if it's not a large one.

And I can't disagree, Bravely Default being a big one in recent times.  The pay-to-buy items were introduced with a relatively light touch, but would I rather they hadn't been there at all, after shelling out £40 or so on the game?  Yes I would!  They didn't improve the game in any way, and they had a small net negative effect.

And the developers were talking ominously about upping the F2P ante in the sequel, so it sets a dangerous precedent too.

The_Jaster wrote:
I just feel that Konami are too easy of a target for the games media at the minute & even if they do more good than bad the latter will always be highlighted more.

Disagree with this.  Konami are an easy target precisely because they don't do more good than bad.  I feel you've got the cause and effect muddled up here.

I think you've misunderstood my last post a bit, I was stating a hypothetical scenario (if they were to do more good than bad) as I'm well aware of how terrible they have been recently but to me no matter if they clawed it back with something great the bad will always be focused on more.

I'm also well aware of what Jim Sterling was getting at and even said he made excellent points, a lot I agreed with despite not being a fan of his work but his "Fuck Konami" comment takes it a bit far in my book and is something he seems to have said to appear cool or edgy.

As mas said this doesn't even influence the main story so a lot of folk won't even see it or even possibly be aware that it exists unless it's super in your face (admittedly, most F2P models are) but yet here we are with MGSV getting stellar reviews most even saying game of the year but the big story is the microtransactions? Sorry but I just don't see it as a massive deal.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 9:37

I understood - I just disagree! I think that, in your hypothetical scenario, the gaming press as a whole would back off. Jim Sterling might not, as he seems to have a grudge against them (has done for a while); but the wider gaming press has fed off the Kojima nonsense, the Nikkei report, the flagrant disregard for gamers (see: pachinko machines). They only agree with Jim because Konami has justified it.

I've got no opinion one way or another on #FucKonami. I'm quite happy that they've been called out on their nonsense and that it's spread to social media, and if I were Jim I'd feel vindicated and smug too; on the other hand, I'm no fan of swearing for the sake of it.

As for the big story being microtransactions, I'm sure that's mostly considered a side-story to the game. The exception is Jim with his Konami grudge (although I'm sure even he'll review it soon). From my point of view I don't give a damn about MGSV, and wouldn't even if I owned a console it's on; so I'm more concerned about the continued creeping-in of F2P into places it has no right being (a worrying industry trend that has affected games I do care about) than the game itself.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 18:52

Clear up on it from GameSpot
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 19:06

balla wrote:
As for the big story being microtransactions, I'm sure that's mostly considered a side-story to the game.

Do you mean it's considered a side story by the games media or just within the game? I just agree with Andy that it's been blown out of proportion with some media outlets getting the story entirely wrong and later needing to apologise for it.

For me that's been jumped on more because it happens to be from Konami, I agree that F2P being in full price games is a worrying trend but I'd like to think that most gamers can see through the bullshit and not fall for it & then hopefully the publishers/devs will get the message.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 20:26

By media outlets, I meant. Obviously some will be idiotic about it because this is the Internet.

And I don't dare to speak for most gamers, especially those who don't go on fora like this and only buy MGSV because it's in the window. But do you think that those people who cheated in online Metroid Prime Hunters won't pay a bit extra to get a one-up? No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 12:43

If you like PES your fine but today Konami has ceased production on all games that aren't for a mobile part from PES which out today anyway unless it means PES2017 & updates etc and the head of the Fox Engine has quit.

Ohh and Costume DLC is coming for MGSV.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 20:40

That's fine as PES 2016 is the best entry since PES 6 on the PS2. In fact, given the wealth of modes (with the myclub thing copying FIFA's Ultimate Team thing), it's arguably the best football game since Sensi.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 13:45

It's a shame but what a way for them to go out with two of the best games not only this year but arguably the best in their respective series.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 18:17

Good, they can push off and we don't have to moan about them any more.

We will, natch, when the inevitable MGS pachinko machine is announced. HIT THE LEVER!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 20:04

I just hope they don't let their IPs stagnate. Castlevania deserves better than that. Aww!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 12:44

Sterling on Konami who take the PES
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:12

Crossposting this from the Metal Gear thread... welp, it's happening.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:14

Prophetic, Jay! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:18

Literally a few posts up, you say:

Balladeer wrote:
Good, they can push off and we don't have to moan about them any more.

We will, natch, when the inevitable MGS pachinko machine is announced.  HIT THE LEVER!

Fucking hell, Konami. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 17:55

#FucKonami that is all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 22:11

#FucKonami #FucKonami #FucKonami
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 22:26

The Boss didn't die for this. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 22:47

That dislike counter. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 23:31

The absolute audacity; the brass neck; the balls. In short, admire the bravery, if nothing else (and nothing else). Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 14:15

I still hope they'll give us a remake of MGS3 with TPP controls, long shot I know but I still hope they do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 17:55

Substance fixed the controls, well that's what Drunka tells me and a remake would be cool but #FucKonami
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 17:59

So angry. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 18:56

I honestly don't know what Konami have left - PES and pachinko, and that might genuinely be it. What a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Konami, and how they stink
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next