Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Konami, and how they stink

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 1:35

The mighty PES is all I need.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 8:47

In till they screw that up as well and it just become a pachinko machine.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:53

Sure, if that was to happen I'll be sad for a bit but then I'll move on as it's not like they can stop me from going back and playing the old games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 8:15

Kojima and Norman Reedus team up to create Death Stranding. Then this happens.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 8:41

Best thing of E3
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 22:00

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 22:23

Like I tweeted when I saw the news #FucKonami
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 22:34

Fucking hell. FUCKING HELL KONAMI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 19:21

I honestly don't get the fuss that's being kicked up about this as it makes total sense for them to do a spin off, fair enough if they do something completely idiotic but this? Nah, it seems pretty normal to me. What's done is done (in regard to Kojima etc) & it won't go back to the way it was no matter how much people spout "FucKonami" all over the internet.

*waits for PES 17 demo to be released in 6 days*
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 19:43

Metal Gear is a beloved franchise about specific things and this is an unrelated game using the name to sell something nobody needs another one of, and it's the only small attempt and releasing a proper game Konami have made since MGSV. For people who might once have liked Konami's beloved franchises, I can understand the frustration.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 19:55

Okay so Jas Namco who own the IP for Dark Souls are now going to make some shit generic game and slap the Dark Souls name on it, how would you feel also in the build up they've been dicks to Miyazaki.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 19:56

Oh I can understand the frustration to a point also I just think some need to learn to let it go, not to mention very little is known about Metal Gear survive so far & it might well end up being a decent game but its not being given a fair crack because of the hate for Konami.

Quite interesting that Konami also said this is an "extension of the MGSV experience" much like Metal Gear online was so they are basically taking that and making a co-op game set in that universe which I like the sound of.

mas wrote:

Okay so Jas Namco who own the IP for Dark Souls are now going to make some shit generic game and slap the Dark Souls name on it, how would you feel also in the build up they've been dicks to Miyazaki.

I'd be annoyed at first but I'd learn to let it go & if I thought the game looked bad I wouldn't buy it also thankfully Miyazaki has more pull since he's the From soft president, plus we have only seen a CG trailer for survive so we don't even know if it'll be a "shit generic game" do we?

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 20:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 20:00

Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 Reedus
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 20:07

Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 KUXv1xQ
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 21:50

The_Jaster wrote:
Oh I can understand the frustration to a point also I just think some need to learn to let it go, not to mention very little is known about Metal Gear survive so far & it might well end up being a decent game but its not being given a fair crack because of the hate for Konami.

I think it's a lot closer to the Metroid Prime Federation Force example. Of course there's hate for Konami, of course there is - but the reason this backs up that hate? That'll be taking a beloved franchise and shoe-horning it into an unwanted, overdone genre.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 23:03

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I think it's a lot closer to the Metroid Prime Federation Force example.  Of course there's hate for Konami, of course there is - but the reason this backs up that hate?  That'll be taking a beloved franchise and shoe-horning it into an unwanted, overdone genre.

Yeah it is a bit like that but with Federation force I was initially miffed at the choice (Metroid is my favourite Nintendo series as well) like most but soon got over that & am willing to give it a fair chance something I don't think Konami or MG survive are currently getting. (rightly or not)

Not liking the look of it is fine so shouldn't they just move on & decide not to pay it attention/play it? The whole "FucKonami" thing is just wasted breath in my book that will not help or change the direction they want to go.

Anyhow this article by Rich Stanton (who is a massive metal gear fan) pretty much covers how I feel about it at the minute.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 23:19

You say it won't change anything but the fanbase which includes me, won't be buying the game which hopefully takes Konami in one direction to F off and go make slot machines if that's what they want to do.

We've had Capcom over the years ruin Resident Evil, we don't want the same to be done to MGS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 0:20

I've seen various opinions on it so I think it could go either way to be honest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 15:46

We had this at The Game Awards from Geoff

And Geoff Keighley said this about Kojima in a interview "He was locked in a separate room on a different floor than his development team for the final six months of development. He couldn't even talk to them – he had to talk through someone else. That's how that game was finished."

Basically #FucKonami even more now
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 8:31

I don't know, it sounds like Kojima is playing everyone like a damn fiddle.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 11:22

Not sure which of Jas' posts to post my Laughing and Applause on. I picked this one in the end.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 11:49

You sir, have chosen wisely. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 13:08

Well they're being pretty generous on PES MyClub at the moment with all the free points and agents, so that's nice, just last night I got Henrik Larson, I've been begging for a decent finisher for ages. Yay Konami.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 17:23

Fuck Konami, but, like, tenderly and thoughtfully of their needs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 17:42

So, like, 'Make Sweet, Sweet Love To Konami'?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Konami, and how they stink
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next