We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 19:46

They say they're working closely with Nintendo on it. i.e. nothing of use, no.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 0:34

I played this some at EGX rezzed and it's great- I never played the Banjo kazooie games butt hat's basically irrelevant as they are basically unrelated games. The gameplay is polished and a lot of fun and the character models, including the enemies are cute and cuddly looking. (there are however spiky enemies, which are not cuddly). The soundtrack is great as well, yooka laylee rap not withstanding. I was in the theatre for a gameplay demo with the devs and they seem super cool and obviously are really enthusiastic about the game. I'm definitely picking this up on the switch come the 11th as a gift to myself for finishing my deadlines. *excitement intensifies*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 16:46

There's a rap?! Shocked

EDIT: Not a patch on the DK Rap, but still brilliantly awful. Props, Playtonic. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 13:53

NintenDUCK wrote:
I'm definitely picking this up on the switch come the 11th as a gift to myself for finishing my deadlines. *excitement intensifies*

You'll have trouble as the Switch version doesn't have a date.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 17:43

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/4/15171316/yooka-laylee-review-xbox-one-pc-playstation-4
One of us is mistaken, and unless I'm mistaken that someone isn't me
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyFri 7 Apr 2017 - 14:43

Very mixed reviews it seems but I'll definitely still go for it, I've been waiting for something like this for years, hopefully it might spark some kind of retro platforming revival. I still don't remember for sure if I actually funded the kickstarter to get a download code for it. Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 9:55

Oh boy - I see what you mean about the mixed reviews* - I'm still getting it anyway; holding off for the Switch version. I am a little worried about the "this minigame is a shitload" comments; having dealt with Donkey Kong 64 last year, I really hope that was Rare/Playtonic at their worst. Ah well!

*at least when you say mixed reviews, they are actually mixed (as opposed to bad, which is what people usually mean; it's a joke that's got lost in translation)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 11:04

The minigames in DK64 were truly appalling. No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 15:35

Yep, I'm still for this. The reviews have been mixed, for sure, but considering one of its worst reviews was a 2/10 from Jim "I'm in the clickbait business now" Sterling, I'm not concerned. A bulk of the chat about the game still has me interested. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 15:42

The only worry from the reviews is the notes on wrestling with the camera. That should have been smoother than a greased up Barry White (wish I hadn't thought of that No ) in 2017. Meh
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 15:49

I heard there was a patch coming to fix some of those camera issues, so fingers crossed it's working better by the time it makes its way to the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 8:32

'xactly - they can fix that now, at least...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 14:33

ZeroJones wrote:
The only worry from the reviews is the notes on wrestling with the camera. That should have been smoother than a greased up Barry White (wish I hadn't thought of that No ) in 2017. Meh
It wouldn't be an old school 3d Platformer without a dodgy camera though. Most gripes I've seen tend to be that it doesn't do much that Banjo-Kazooie doesn't do but that's exactly what they said it'd be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 14:55

I'm playing this on PS4 the now, and right enough "it doesn't do much that Banjo-Kazooie doesn't". That said, as treesmurf also suggests, a modernised, polished Banjo-Kazooie-esque platformer is exactly what the people who backed the Kickstarter and the people who bought the game on launch bought into and paid for. It's definitely met my expectations in that sense, and it sounds like it's met the expectations of a lot of others too. Personally, I'm very happy with it.

It's a bit of a shame that Playtonic haven't got this out on Switch yet though. Yooka-Laylee would go hand-in-hand with a Nintendo console. I think it would have an attach rate not miles off of what Breath of the Wild does.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 17:06

Find your name, if you backed it!

I clocked my name and I also tracked down Mas's too.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 16:55

December 14th!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/feature_yooka-laylee_jumps_onto_switch_in_december_-_we_learn_all_about_it

I played it on PS4, and in the Last Game You Finished thread I called it "a very worthwhile effort that delivered on exactly what it promised". But at the same time, it was "loaded with annoying technical faults (and it) verged on being a little bit boring at points". There was a lot to sort out. I really hope that Playtonic have sincerely and genuinely listened to the critical feedback and made the necessary changes.

I'm eager to see what they're charging for this, as I'm actually quite open to giving it another go. eShop pricemakers: please don't rip the pish!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 19:47

Man, this and Sonic have both absolutely fucked it by releasing after Mario . . .
I am intrigued still, to be fair. Another one for the pile of games to pick up as cheap as I can find them early next year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 20:54

As a backer, I'm owning this whatever happens. I'm yooking forward to seeing how it playlees, to be honest. I understand that all the improvements that have been made to the game are standard in the Switch version, including a better camera. I'll probably like it more than I should. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 20:59

ZeroJones wrote:
I'm yooking forward to seeing how it playlees, to be honest.

Not sure whether tagline or boothisman.gif. Eh?

I too am a backer. I'm not excited for this particularly, not after all that's been said and SMO rocketed into my 'Top Two Games Ever (Precise Placing Pending)', but I'll give it a shot. If nothing else, the soundtrack should be top-notch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 21:21

I don't think it's getting a physical version, so price should be decent but now after SMO and what I heard about the game (sure Team17 handled it on everything but Wii U or now Switch is what Playtonic is working on) that I really don't care unless it's like a fiver (which it has been on PS4 etc and I've not bought) as I reckon that something like Poi will better and Unbox is just as good as what YL will be.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 21:37

Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

I'm voting for it as Post of the Year when the forum awards come about.

A Yooka-Laylee that's had a bit of extra work done on it is something to look forward to. There's none of this "I reckon" bollocks with me: I'm telling you, it's a good game!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 21:40

Sure it might be a good game which could cost £25 where we know Poi "from reviews" is a great game, in-till we know the price it is hard to judge.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 21:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

I'm voting for it as Post of the Year when the forum awards come about.

Cha-CHING! Dance
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 22:49

I'm probably going to get it, even if the improvements aren't significant; possibly even if it's pisher. It was difficult enough putting the brakes on Rime... but Jak and Daxter's got me back in the mood for "thing getting".
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 5:28

£34.99. I can't tell if that's steep or not. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: