Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Votes Discourse

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
shanks
Admin
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Votes Discourse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 13:11

Oh no, I'm just being selfish because of my lack of a Wii U - I'll look on in anticipation from the sidelines though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 13:48

How did we get so many categories last time, surely just need retail, download and overall Top 10's

As what else can you do, as if you do genres what we doing like best fighter there's only like 3 to pick from.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 13:52

Because I went fucking mental Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 14:04

I'm quite amenable to going "fucking mental" in my voting threads. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 18:15

I've we do a worst game, I think I've just bought something that might be even worse then Game Party Champions.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:27

I don't want to swamp the forum in votes, but do I have the general permission to do a 'First Year of Switch' thread early next year? It's going to be short and pithy, not a multi-category monster like my last one. Promise.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 20:40

Granted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:45

Is it too soon to ask who's running the GNamer Forum Awards this year?  Happy to do it myself if nobody's taken it, but I think it would be nice if somebody who hasn't had a go hosted it.  Mas and Drunka would seem to be next on the list, by postcount and FotY historic performance respectively.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:47

Having taken the First Year Of The Switch Vote on, I'm not sure you should be doing The GNamer Forum Vote too. I'll put my thinking cappy on and chat to my fellow admin, J-Mo, about The Plan. Then we will communicate it here, in written English. Ou en français, si vous préférez.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 15:46

I've always thought of the end of year votes as an admin run thing but I'm happy to do it if the two admins want a break. Yet I can see why Drunka would make sense with him going to Japan, I hope he is still on and telling us what he's playing on his Switch whilst on transport in Japan but I would think he would be absent more that he may want to have a swansong type thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 17:13

Honestly not fussed about us doing a Switch vote thread just yet, I'd rather just enjoy playing and talking casually about the system than having to put all it's great games so far in a specific order. Plus let's be real BoTW & Mario Odyssey would walk it quite easily at the minute so it'd be more interesting to wait a year or so more and see if we still feel that way about those games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 18:18

I completely agree with Jas - but I'm dying to see what the rest of the top ten would look like. We held a One Year Of The Wii U Vote - we really should do the same for the Switch, I would say.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 19:11

Aww! Sorry to hear that Jas. There are pros and cons to doing it, I think:

Cons:
Pros:

Obviously if people would rather not, we can do a two-year or one-and-a-half year vote instead. The people make the vote thread, of course, so it's what 'the people' want!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 16:08

I really don't see the point in having such a small sample size voting on such a small list of games, right around the time we'll all be doing GOTY chat that's gonna be 99% Switch anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 20:38

I would like to find out what people think of the Switch's games after its first year in a vote - I enjoy and back votes. If folk would prefer to do things differently, we can follow that path instead. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 20:54

Oh man, I really skim-read this thread!

FORUM AWARDS: I always assumed that was an admin thing. I'm not sure I have the time to do it just now; I'm already not finding anywhere as much as time as I'd like to study, play games or organise myself, so I'm not gonna commit myself to a big GNamer project and not finish it again.

SWITCH VOTE: I thought people were talking about doing this now, which would be mad and dumb. If Balla wants to do one in March then sure, I guess that's fine, whatevs.

masofdas wrote:
Drunka . . . going to Japan, I hope he is still on and telling us what he's playing on his Switch whilst on transport in Japan but I would think he would be absent more that he may want to have a swansong type thing.

I actually reckon I'll be on here more then than I am now; I'm gonna be an unemployed wondering Ronin surrounded by people whose language I can only kinda speak, I need you guys to keep me sane.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 21:49

Oh I also didn't realise the Switch vote was to be in March, I assumed it was happening soon because this forum always tends to organise things last minute.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 22:36

How very dare you - no, actually, that's fair. Embarrassed

Now a delicious Switchous vote is booked in for March, I would like to put myself forward for the role of GNamer Forum Vote Dude for this year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 0:35

It was me who said about a Switch vote as when I brought up about Wii U 5th anniversary, I also said as we've done 1st anniversary for 3DS and Wii U are we doing the same for Switch.

Go for it Zero, like Drunka I did think it was an Admin thing, I would how ever like to see the game awards as these with alls having 3 votes each, plus I wouldn't mind one for films:

Best Switch/Wii U game, I put Wii U as I know Athrun hasn't got a Switch but has played BotW for instance and putting these two together gives him the opportunity to vote for BotW if he wishes. I would have this be exclusives like the others, with it only being 3 votes and certain two game's taking likely two of those for most people, having the list narrowed down to only exclusives will make it easier to pick that 3rd game. Also likes of yourself Zero, can then give games such as SteamWorld Dig 2 love in the multiformat award instead of this one for instance and I think nearly everyone can vote in all the awards on how I would do it.

Best PlayStation games, not much to say part from does VITA go here with PS4 or with some other things.

Best PC and Xbox games, I think Xbox on it's own is a hard one to vote for knowing who's on here and I think same sort of goes for PC and as they're connected now with Anywhere it sort of makes sense.

Best handheld and mobile, Yep I think 3DS, VITA and mobile should be one thing as the VITA is well the VITA, mobile I think most of us have dabbled in and mainly Nintendo but not enough for it to have it's own thing and the 3DS has slowed up a bit this year.  I think 3DS could just about be it's own thing but I don't think the other two can be.

Best multi-format games, much like the PlayStation vote not much to say

Best multiplayer / continuing game, this is the one I think would be the least likely not stick but as we've seen from golden joysticks etc they've brought in a reward for service games such as Overwatch, Rainbow Six, Splatoon 2, Rocket League etc and I know a lot of us still play these regularly.

Overall GOTY, Drunka brings this up GOTY chat that's gonna be 99% Switch anyway, I'd like to see a actual GOTY award from the forum to have that chat. Sure we will do the podcast and it will be 5 games each (unless Jay changes it) and sure likely both BotW and SMO will appear on most peoples lists but that will only be 4 -6 people not everyone on the forum which a GOTY award would be.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 6:32

I don't believe the 3DS did slow down this year: we ended up discussing around twenty games in the 3DS Gracklecast recording session. However, I do feel strongly that we slowed down on it! The Switch's release stole a lot of the little machine's thunder. Nonetheless, we will take your views into account. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:24

Sure and do think it could be on it's own, and VITA games would be voted in the PlayStation award.

Just don't where you'd put mobile if you did that, I guess maybe PC and Xbox as sort of as a other system award, which for us lot maybe would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 20:28

If we're allowed to give feedback, I absolutely disagree with... basically everything Mas has said.  

First off, having a significant number of games awards diminishes focus on the thing the GNamer awards were designed to represent: the GNamer community.  There are umpteen places to vote for your favourite games on Switch, and only one where you can vote for funniest fella on GNamer.  The games awards were an afterthought, and that's how they should remain.  If there's room for a fuller GotY award, there's room for another thread.

Second off, I basically disagree with every new change he's mentioned.  Giving PlayStation equal billing with Nintendo ignores the Nintendo focus of this forum: even I can't pretend it's a Nintendo forum any longer (the last year of the Wii U saw to that), but it isn't a forum where PS4 (and Vita, if we want a chuckle) should get its own award on the same terms.  Overall GotY will indeed be 99% Switch anyway, with perhaps some MHWorld; the 3DS has indeed had a strong enough year to merit an award; if the chat levels are anything to go by, not enough people are significant enough XBox/PC gamers for this award to flourish, and again, it shouldn't get the same level of focus as Ninty.  I do actually like the idea of top multiplayer game, but I don't think it needs to go here.  It feels more like a console votey thing.  (Overwatch was released in 2016, so I feel it might be Switch games and MHWorld again.)

Last year had Wii U, 3DS, Nontendo exclusive, and multiplat.  This year, I'd be tempted to go one further: with some sparse multiplat games making it to Switch, I'd be tempted to do Switch, 3DS (and Nintendo mobile perhaps, like the sub-forum?), and Nontendo only.  If there's really a need for one more above those, then multiplayer does sound like a fun extra award.

That said, I'd be very glad to see Zero doing the awards again: much like his avatar, he is a safe pair of hands. Winky Face And you sillies, thinking I'd do the vote now!  The machine isn't a year old yet!  Mind you, this isn't my only friendship group where I seem to have landed the role of 'Mr. Organised'.

Last edited by Snowballadeer on Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:14; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : MHWorld isn't even a thing until January, definitely Switch all Switch and nothing but the Switch!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 20:44

You bring up lasts years vote and looking at them then possibly something like:

Switch/Wii U,
3DS + Nintendo Mobile
Nontendo, which makes sense due to lack of Xbox and PC we play.
Multi-Format
Multiplayer

Would be the best. I do really like a overall GOTY award but like I said we do have the podcast and we do our pieces on Gintendo, that I can see why it's not necessary.

Do you mean Overwatch came out in 2016, which it did but due to how games have changed, so has awards where multiplayer games from previous years now get recognise because of the service nature of them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 21:20

Votes, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Votes, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again, why'all
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 23:31

Votes Discourse - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Votes Discourse
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next