We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
flora-chan
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2020 - 21:06

I have no interest in CotM, but I really must get Bloodstained properly played. The performance issues were still there when I last gave it a crack, but I got past the bit that had previously crashed on me and it's still good fun!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2020 - 0:01

Ritual of the Night is still very much on my to play list at some point. It sounds like it'll be on PS4 if the performance issues are still lingering on Switch though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2020 - 9:10

I’d say it had performance issues on the X1 so I can’t imagine it on Switch (I also don’t think it’s very good, just play SotN again instead)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:49

I've picked this back up recently. I fought what I presume is meant to be the 'dummy' final boss for a pretty unrewarding time, and had to resort to a walkthrough to find out what I'm meant to be doing next.

It's fun enough, but I'd pretty much echo what Kriken said on the last page: it's a pretty good Metroidvania, but it is just another Metroidvania. It doesn't feel special really. Also, the long loading screens make navigation just a bit more frustrating than it should be. I'm still enjoying it though, and will likely go on to fight the 'proper' final boss assuming the game doesn't pull any horrible tricks (besides the one Andy told me about).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 10:47

And I've picked it back up again. The thing about Bloodstained is I always have a decent time when I play it, but struggle to pick it up after a break. It just doesn't tempt me from my Switch screen, to the extent that the 6/10 Alwa's Legacy was my go-to Metroidvania over it until it was done.

I have a quick question. Is there any way to get an idea of where I'm meant to go next without looking at a walkthrough? Following the duff end, I had no idea where I needed to go next; following the boss I fought after that, I had no idea where I needed to go next. Thank goodness for GameFAQs, but is there any sort of hint system I might have missed so that I don't feel like a dirty cheater?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 13:11

Nope, it's all walkthroughs all the time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 EmptyThu 13 May 2021 - 17:19

Bah.  Okay, I think I'm going to play through the rest of the game with one handy.  It's still fun, and Miriam's really nice to control, but Jesus this has a lot of flaws.  (I've just got that 'optional shard' and I do agree, that's a really bad piece of design - but once you have it it's really fun to use!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5