We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
flora-chan
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018 - 11:00

I've got a code for the E3 Demo but it's for STEAM, I've tried giving away on Twitter with just some random asking if they could have and at this rate, they may get it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 18:44

Very well played. Applause
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 20:45

That definitely looks a lot nicer but I'm still not sure about getting it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 21:49

What a change! It looks so much better - the "it looks like a mobile game" complaints rang true with that first trailer, but man, I'm genuinely excited for Bloodstained now. It's crazy how much of a difference the presentation of a game can make. Also, smug IGA is the best. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyFri 3 May 2019 - 20:43

Does look much better.

The thing is I can't remember what I'm getting this on at first it was Wii U then VITA but now it's PS4, Xbox One or Switch and I don't know what I picked.

I'm sort of hoping Switch as I would sort like it on a cartridge plus if I've got different art being a KS to someone buying in GAME (I'm guessing it will get a physical release with 505 publishing), I can see the Switch collectors wanting that more then PS4 collectors.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptySun 5 May 2019 - 16:53

This is the first time I've been excited for the game since I first backed it, I reckon. That's the trouble with developing your game so publicly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:30

I've not seen any more of this game than any traditionally developed games, to be fair. Although, I've also not backed it so I've not been presumably inundated with developer updates.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:52

Yep, I got an e-mail or so every month, even when nothing had happened. In hindsight I should've junked those, but... it's nice to feel like part of the journey, y'know?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:53

Have you been in the know about that graphical revamp then or was that news to you too?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:56

...to be honest I hadn't been paying too much attention to them recently. Laughing But I think

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 Secret
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 May 2019 - 20:48

I am getting the Switch version as I just checked and it does with a different case to what you will get in GAME etc
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 20:18

No real reviews for this yet but seen user score is decent on Meta and Jim Sterling seems to love.

I can't tell you myself as mine hasn't even been dispatched, I know I've got Switch version coming which isn't out at retail till next week but I haven't even seen PS4 or Xbox backers mention having it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 23:39

The price tag is putting me off this right now - "one for a sale" seems to be my catchphrase lately - but I'm glad to hear it seems to be the business! Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 6:53

Or you pick it up physical, play it and then trade right in
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 19:31

Or you could have paid grossly over the odds on Kickstarter for something that already needs two patches before launching and is apparently still broken after that.

I'm not bitter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 19:40

I've not seen anyone part from the one person posting on every verison on Meta say it's broken.

Paying over the odds is a strange one, as we did but if we didn't the game wouldn't have gotten made.

I'm just annoyed that someone can be sent a review code to review the game before people who funded the game gets it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 7:24

I don't really mind paying over the odds: we were investing in its development, and that's kind of how such things work.  This isn't good though. I'm really not a fan of the recent 'release it with inadequate playtesting, patch it later' culture of videogames.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 7:31

I like how you say recent, yet games have been like that since the start of 360 which is 14 years ago now on console, either further back on PC.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2019 - 23:46

I'm very glad I waited then! I can forgive performance hiccups and the odd animation glitch, but game-breaking and progress resetting bugs are inexcusable. The fact they're asking people to restart... man, I'd have been so frustrated if I'd been impacted by that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 9:48

masofdas wrote:
I like how you say recent, yet games have been like that since the start of 360 which is 14 years ago now on console, either further back on PC.

On a Nintendo machine it feels like a relatively recent thing. It's still bleah no matter how old it is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 9:52

I guess that's one benefit of Nintendo being behind on some things in gaming
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 10:09

I would argue this is one area they're actually ahead on since they don't just throw a game out and think of patching it later, for example do you think any other dev would delay a massive game like Animal crossing just to get things the way they want? For me a lot of them wouldn't as the devs would be forced to crunch to get it out the door & then there'd be extra work on top to patch in so called "new features" to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 10:11

Yep, them not patching and also not crunching (for ACNH and Pokémon at any rate) is nice to see.

Then you have Sakurai who crunches himself all the time. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 10:16

I meant Nintendo systems more than Nintendo games, as the Switch success has brought more games to the system, which those games have things like patching that has been a common thing for ages in gaming.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 21:47

I got this today!  And I was enjoying it!  I've never actually played a Castlevania you may be shocked to learn (I don't count the overly grim Mirror of Fate), so I found the controls a bit clunky, but even I can appreciate what a massive ham the main villain is and the exploring/battling gameplay.  Also: I recognise those cannons from the Castlevania section in SSBU's World of Light, which is nice.  The frame rate's noticeably a bit off: I doubt my eyes are used to 60fps gaming since my most recently played game is Overcooked, so what's up with that?  (I'm playing docked.)  But on the whole, I was having a good time.

Then I noticed that I was playing v1.01: the v1.02 patch, which apparently breaks your game if you download it mid-save file, isn't out yet.  So I've stopped.  This really isn't on, Kona- I mean ArtPlay.

EDIT: Apparently what appears as v1.01 on Switch is in fact v1.1? Confusing and unhelpful, but perhaps debugged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next