If You Can’t Stand The Heat Get Out Of This Indie Direct

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 16:10

Mine came along with the Kickstarter Sleeve.

I've also sold mine on eBay already as
1. In the states from what I had seen it been going for a silly price and it's just a sleeve (I could have sold sleeve on its own) being the difference
2. It's the Switch version, yes 3 years ago or whatever after I couldn't have Wii U or VITA that was the version I wanted but now I sooner have on Xbox One (It also doesn't look great on Switch)
3. Honestly, I'm not that bothered playing this now and knowing how Xbox One games drop in price the fasted, I'll get this when it's £10-15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2019 - 20:55

That arrived later for me, and... it's nice I suppose? I don't really care?

Normally I'd be all Rolling Eyes at Mas and his technical gubbins, but... I can see in this case. The blurring's obvious in the graphics, and if it's improved in the other versions then fair enough. It's still not a big deal though.

The first boss was hard. Could never dodge that opening tentacle swipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2019 - 21:27

You would have had the emails from the team basically saying they've F'ed up the Switch verison and all resources are being put into fixing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:04

I have, which is nice of them.

Just run into the hub village thing, which is... weird.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:40

If I do pick this up, it likely will be on PS4 as I've heard the Switch version doesn't run as well as the others - I don't mind visual downgrades, but performance issues are another story.

Still, good to hear you're enjoying! IGA makes great Metroidvania games - I've enjoyed all the Igavanias I've played. Is the voice acting/dialogue suitably cheesy, I presume?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:45

Oh it's wonderful. You meet the main villain at the end of the first segment and he is campy as all hell. Nobody else has really matched up thus far, but there was a definite feeling of 'what is a man?' to that exchange. I'm looking forward to more. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:47

I can still recite the opening to SotN, so I'm not expecting something to match that but if it can emulate the mature cheese from that game's opening, we're onto a winner. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:33

Jay wrote:
I've enjoyed all the Igavanias I've played.

Now now if I can't have Metroid-like then you can't have Igavania. Wink

---

Also speaking of SotN I got that Castlevania requiem bundle on ps4 last month and I really should get around to playing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:51

SOTN is so good, that it should be Castlevania-like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 1:10

The_Jaster wrote:
Jay wrote:
I've enjoyed all the Igavanias I've played.

Now now if I can't have Metroid-like then you can't have Igavania. Wink

The man himself coined the phrase - it's just for the Metroidvanias that IGA has made, tis all. Everything else is quite clearly a Metroidvania as officially recognised by Nintendo. Wink
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Jun 2019 - 18:50

It's in the thread title and everything!

I've just finished the second boss, and it's nice to see myself improving. Jim Sterling said that there's a big 'stuff you' to Konami somewhere in there, and I keep trying to guess what it might be. I've met an awful lot of characters already for an indie title, though. Think there's some meat on them gaming bones...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4