We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game

Go down 
+8
JayMoyles
shanks
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
Balladeer
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game Empty
PostSubject: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 8:01

First the good news: Nintendo's first smartphone game has a name, and it is 'Miitomo'. No prizes for guessing what it involves.

Now the, er, other news: it's delayed until March 2016. Duh! Then this article from NintendoLife, which essentially says that it's not going to be very game-like - you answer questions about your personal life and can send the results to people on your friends list (again with the friends list!). That seems to be it, at the moment, and I can't help but feel it won't make much impact.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 8:51

Eh, sounds like the sort of app that could do okay if it's well-integrated with the major social media. Will it be, though?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 10:02

Well "the markets" are irate about this.  I just couldn't care less.  In a way, I'm glad that an IP that actually matters hasn't been sacrificed on the altar of the Mobile God.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 13:29

The BBC News website article on Miitomo is surprisingly kind, I'd say - the Beeb's journalists normally enjoy putting the boot into Nintendo. It just feels to me like Nintendo fans needed a really good piece of news out of the investor briefing... and this is not it. Good news is coming, but then it's been like that for a good couple of months.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sat 7 Nov 2015 - 8:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : plurals can be important :roll:)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 18:50

I couldn't careless the only thing of interest that has come from the event is the reward system coming and Nintendo have games still to announce and come out this year and that the Wii U has took 3 years to pass the Dreamcast but I'm going off-topic.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 0:45

Doesn't look particularly interesting as a standalone app but I'll reserve judgement till I see how it works alongside everything else. Regardless I still don't see mobile games as a legitimate important platform for Nintendo, firstly because I don't feel Nintendo will exploit the mobile gaming market in the same way most of the big money makers have and secondly because the quality will struggle to ever match up to that of their "proper" games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 9:13

The President wants mobile to bring in more revenue then Wii & DS era over the next 3 years, that it surely is a important platform for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 1:13

I think what treesmurf is getting at is they will never view it to be as important as their console/handheld platforms.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 8:13

True - most of the time Nintendo bigwigs have been careful to state that the smartphone stuff they're doing is about 'driving people towards Nintendo hardware'. Personally, I reckon the "same as Wii/DS levels of earnings in three years" quote is about bullish confidence for investors.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 10:38

I don't want to go back over stuff I've said in the NX thread but I think it's a wait and see thing as if Mobile does bring in Wii & DS revenue but NX brings in Wii U revenue what one as business would you think is more important.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 17:34

Isn't all that to be connected to each other? (Mobile & NX) At least in the way that they all feed into one another so the scenario you keep mentioning may not even have the chance to exist but let's say it does though, do you think Nintendo would just drop the NX or use the revenue from mobile to give it a boost? I reckon the latter as they aren't just going to give up on what has been their main business since the 80's.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 17:41

Giving it a boost would surely means advertising something that would make change.

Nintendo as we know adapt to the times, for what keeps them at highs they've been at as business for all these years.

And I think they will do the same be it Mobile flops, takes off & same with the NX could be a very interesting 3 years to come from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 9:58

The badger has a release date in Japan - March 17th. I was only going to post yesterday that, for a really big step for Nintendo (and due this month), we'd not heard much. Now for a Western release date...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 17:07

I read that as That's the Badger and was thinking are we playing Mao.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 17 Mar 2016 - 10:37

Fronk is playing this at the moment and sharing stuff on his twitter like Nintendo's version of Trophies / Achievements and there called Missions.
Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game CdvAQazW0AAK0X_
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 17 Mar 2016 - 11:48

Oi I'm playing as well Hissy fit

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 17 Mar 2016 - 18:13

These missions are more closer to Uplay rewards than trophies/achievements since they give coins which are then exchanged bonuses/digital content.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 17 Mar 2016 - 22:04

Your right Jas, especially looking at this from NLife
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 17:10

Dated! Just on the threshold of missing the March 2016 date with the 31st. Nintendo - always on the edge. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 17:27

I'm more excited about My Nintendo and the new store, on it all combing into one now to buy downloads and earn rewards.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 18:51

That is a good point - being able to set something downloading whilst out of the house will be brilliant. And costly. Very, very costly. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 19:47

Oh christ, imagine me being able to buy videogames from the pub...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 14:19

There's a working copy of Miitomo on my iPhone! Dance I feel odd, having a Nintendo Co. Ltd piece of software on something that's not a Nintendo Co. Ltd piece of hardware. Now to set me/Mii up... Bounce
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 16:14

I'm getting all set up as we squeak! Just what I needed: another social media app to waste time on when I should be doing things...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 20:30

Miiladeer is active!  My attitude of not following anyone on Twitter is going to come back to bite me here, isn't it...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game   Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Miitomo - Nintendo's First Smartphone Game
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next