Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Best Legend of Zelda

Go down 
+10
Treesmurf
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 8:33

The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 Ss_mgtt_15

Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 17:26

Balladeer wrote:
Cracking game! Grin Came all the way up at fifth in my vote.  In my opinion, there's at least (probably only) one 2D Zelda to come that this is actually better than, bar the nostalgia value.  One of the very best games on the GBA.

I think there will be two 2D Zelda's in the last 7, one being ALBW which I'm guessing is the one your saying is actually is better then Minish Cap, where the other one that's likely to appear being LttP which has the nostalgia value but how many of us would have actually played it when it came out though, to have the nostalgia part from maybe ZeroBob.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 14 Apr 2016 - 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 17:43

Having said that, there's one other game that I don't think will place, but could throw my guesses into disarray. Otherwise I reckon it'll just be my top nine (Battle Quest was my tenth).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 22:14

A couple of surprising results there - I didn't expect Four Swords on the list, but Minish is a pleasant surprise to see. It's one I've barely played (may have beaten the first dungeon, can't recall) but I enjoyed what I did play!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 0:00

Number 7: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 Tumblr_lq6ta8OKYh1qgxqem
Nintendo 64, 3DS
38 points, 0 firsts

Death, mourning and the melancholy of the end of days pervade the number 7 placing, Nintendo's weirdest Zelda and the first spanner in the works for me trying to have a picture of Zelda herself for each game.

You said:

I say:

They said:

It wasn't until this one I realised I could just search the word "Majora" on Word and find people's entries much more quickly. Shout out to the person who referenced the game repeatedly in their top ten without voting for it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 1:42

SEVENTH? Burn this list down. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 6:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
It wasn't until this one I realised I could just search the word "Majora" on Word and find people's entries much more quickly. Shout out to the person who referenced the game repeatedly in their top ten without voting for it!

You're using Word?! Excel, baby, Excel! Shocked Winky Face

Also, if the shout out is to me (cos I fits the bill, and that), I only did it twice (which technically is 'repeatedly', I s'pose; bang to rights, guv - I'll come quietly) and the reason I didn't vote for it is because I haven't finished it. Voting for a game I haven't finished doesn't sit right with me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 7:16

At least it wasn't higher...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 8:35

I'd disagree, by a game, with this being the worst 3D Zelda.  But I'm surprised to see this coming so low (it was my sixth, and I'm not a huge fan of the game, I remember it being NGamer's favourite).  Still wasn't my favourite, but...  Well, the second comment is mine, says most of it already.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 12:08

MM didn't even make my top 10

Still a brilliant game mind
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 14:26

JayMoyles wrote:
SEVENTH? Burn this list down. Hissy fit

I'll be right back, going to fetch my weapons.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 16:53

Balladeer wrote:
I'd disagree, by a game, with this being the worst 3D Zelda.

That's obviously OoT.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 20:15

Balladeer wrote:
Having said that, there's one other game that I don't think will place, but could throw my guesses into disarray.  Otherwise I reckon it'll just be my top nine (Battle Quest was my tenth).  

Was that MM or is it the one starring a annoying lady that lives in a sword.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 21:20

Neither, it features a timepiece. But I reckon we're safe from that one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 21:37

I tell you what, this is a great vote. If fan favourite Tajora's Task can't get in the top five, who knows what's coming next? Bounce
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 21:33

Number 6: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 Legend-of-zelda-the-a-link-to-the-past-02
SNES, GBA
38 points, 1 first

The game that created many of the series' iconic tropes, Super Nintendo's Link to the Past slips in at six.

You said:

I say:

They said:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 21:54

Thank goodness it appeared here rather than any higher.  It came ninth on my list, the last "good" Zelda I've played before some "a'right" ones.  

While good, I feel LttP is often overrated in the modern day.  It's not like MM, where I'm not so keen on what it does - it just doesn't do what it does as well as ALBW or Minish Cap.  It feels soulless, lacking in character, compared to those games.  I feel like LttP rides a wave of nostalgia, from people such as commenter five, rather than standing up on its own merits in today's light.

BUT I know that Drunka is a positive man who likes positive comments.  I'm sure this was an absolute revelation at the time, the pixel art and soundtrack hold up okay in the light of the modern day, and even now it's a massive sprawling adventure, chock-full of secrets.  The world is enormous, very impressive for a SNES game, full of exploration to do and areas to seek out, without any of the handholding of later games.  (I used a walkthrough pretty thoroughly when I played it on the GBA. Embarrassed )  Not easy, either, even when you know what you're doing. Plus, it laid the groundwork for ALBW, and that alone merits some praise!

Let's guess the order of the top five!:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 22:31

Boo-urns! This should've been higher.
Here's my guess at the top 5:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 9:04

Balladeer wrote:
Thank goodness it appeared here rather than any higher.

Yes. That would have been awful. Winky Face

On the other hand - my hand Grin - I had hoped that ALttP would squeeze into the top five, somehow. That not being the case, sixth is pretty respectable for a game that has divided the voters. I love it (it's my number 1 (I'm like a Wolf Link to get it (hope someone gets that (also aiming to break the current record for nested brackets in the forum (which is odd, because I don't know what the record is))))) because it was such a quantum leap for the series. Although that might place the game as more 'of its time' (the past?!) than 'of today', it still holds up pretty well, in my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 9:18

I think that's what the divide will be, for the most part - those who played it back in the day, and see the quantum leap (quanta are usually pretty small, how does that work? Eh? ); and those who played it now, and see it for what it is today.  With apologies to Jimbob and Zero: I just think the younger forumites' glasses are likely to be less rose-tinted here!

Don't worry, our turn to be rose-tinted will come later...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 10:34

Number 5: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 Tumblr_mylsbsOyLj1s1kfubo8_1280
3DS
52 points, 1 first

Slipping in just ahead of its predecessor, 3DS' open-world masterclass kicks off our top five!

You said:

I say:

They said:

Might be some minor scheduling changes next week, to avoid making myself do the most work on the days I'm home the least.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 13:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 13:10

Firstly, it's all good - ready to take the results when you're ready to deliver them. It's a great vote and I'm really enjoying it. Thumbs Up!

A 2D Zelda in the top five! Dance A game of remarkable innovation, perfectly suited to the handheld... in fact, easily in the top three 3DS games of all time. Nice! Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 14:16

Huge jump in vote point from 6th to 5th there and guess that will be that last we will see of the 2D Zelda's unless there's a shock on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 15:36

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether this would top SS. It deserved to in my mind, mostly for reasons I'll say when SS comes out undeservedly high - but ALBW was my third, my favourite 2D Zelda, my favourite 3DS game, and an absolutely blinding offering all round. Good show.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 15:57

I've a funny feeling Skyward Sword won't rank...

Also, I was hoping to see ALBW a little bit higher, but top 5 is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Legend of Zelda   The Best Legend of Zelda - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Legend of Zelda
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next