We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)

Go down 
+10
shanks
The_Jaster
Athrun888
masofdas
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 15:26

Yeah nothing wrong with it just find it tad odd that's all.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 16:57

Disappointment of the event - and quite arguably the century - has to be Wild Guns Reloaded.

The original Wild Guns on the SNES is the hairy bollocks - an absolute belter of a game. But imagine when I read on Twitter this morning that Natsume were making a new Wild Guns for PS4...and this is what it's like.

That's just the SNES game again! Bastards!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:21

So, soon the Zelda trailer.  My thoughts and feelings in one succinct statement:

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 Squee10

I mean, I still think Horizon has it beat with the combat, but damn if that trailer wasn't squee material!  After Twilight Princess thoroughly crushed my hype for Nintendo games in general and Zelda specifically eons ago the astonishing has happened!  I am actually feeling hyped for a game!

On the chit chat in Horizon, I suspect some of that was dubbed for the show itself.  Then again I am the guy who chose the "peppy" female avatar in XCX solely because of the constant chatter!  And I like Spidey, which kinda says all that needs to be said about my thoughts on cute combat chatter, the more the better!  As long as it sticks to fun and avoids going in to ego douche territory it's all gravy!

As for being shown in previous years E3's, did that ever stop my fanboying over Xenoblade X? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:26

Athrun888 wrote:
Then again I am the guy who chose the "peppy" female avatar in XCX solely because of the constant chatter!

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 127990699-bleeding-ears-gettyimages

Suggestion out there that the new IP might be a Western port of a currently Japan-only NFC game from Level-5 (The Snack World). Anyone interested in this might want to tone their expectations down a whole massive bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:46

Don't knock it till you try it! Naughty

Voice of an angel and some of the most fun lines out of the entire roster, certainly it beats being a boring by the books classic male! The lines kept the entire game more enjoyable for a lot longer than it might have been!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 18:16

I went for soldier female.

I'm going to be on-off Skype all evening if anyone else wants to join (Moyles).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 18:20

The_Jaster wrote:
Bit surprised at mas & athrun giving Horizon zero dawn Best game of E3, it does look fantastic but it also debuted last year & makes it seem like there wasn't anything else of note shown.  

That's why for new IP, I went for a New game shown unlike Athrun with Detroit, to give a new game something but whatever the best game shown be it something we already know about or not will got to the actual; best game shown which was HZD.

Pod of War E3 Round Up is Up and we talk about all the conferences and events
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:43

BoxBoxBoy!

(turns off stream)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 20:10

Balladeer wrote:
I went for soldier female.

Why it's no wonder you never finished the game then! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 20:54

I am excited for Yo-Kai Watch 2. I realise that I'm probably alone on the forum in this. First one was really enjoyable with some flaws, second one sounds like it's fixed some of the flaws. Don't think that it has a UK date yet. Aww!

Oh, and BoxBoy! is now available for half price, £2.24.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 7:40

Awards!  As expected, they changed substantially from yesterday.  However I don't expect the Pokémon Special to change them much again, so I'm happy with posting my votes now.  By the way Masthrun, you both missed out one "award" that was introduced last year.

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release on This Gen.: I don't care.  I really don't.  Crash isn't Mario, CoD is CoD, Skyrim has apparently aged badly...  Oh wait, Dragon Quest VII.  It's not even the second-best JRPG shown off on 3DS yesterday.  Remasters are inherently dull.  Still, DQVII has a character riding on a wolf who can attack people with sheep, so.

Best Indie: Severed.  Drinkbox have a fine track record (consisting of... the one game of theirs I've played), and considering it was on Vita before it's basically a Nintendo exclusive. Tongue Would be Yooka-Laylee, but I saw Severed as part of the actual E3 stuff.

Best VR Game: Apathy Returns: Revenge of The Ennui.  How We Soar looked nice, and had some good music in its trailer?

Best Multi-Platform: I looked at FFXV, after Athrun's glowing endorsement.  I found a trailer that managed to make me feel bored of fighting a massive industrial giant.  So that's nice.  Got to be Yooka-Laylee this time, because I do not care about any of the others.

Best PC Exclusive: Apathy III: Back with Indifference.  Black the Fall looks better than whatever that Quake bollocks was, so that.

Best 3DS Exclusive: Yo-Kai Watch 2.  I really liked the original, and this one looks bigger and funnier.  I'm looking forward to Pokémon S&M more, but YKW2, and indeed Ever Oasis, were better shown off on the show floor.

Best Xbox One Exclusive: Like last year, that would be ReCore.  Sea of Thieves looked alright despite the terrible trailer (SHUDDUP ALL OF YOU), and Scalebound REALLY needs to put a mute button on its heroes.

Best PS4 Exclusive: It was Horizon: Zero Dawn last year, and that still looked really good... but it did much the same thing as LoZBotW, worse.  Meanwhile I kinda want my own dog-cat-thing.  The Last Guardian it is.

Best Wii U/NX Exclusive: Come on now.  

Best New IP: Assuming I'm not allowed to pick H0D (still a new IP, not new to E3 though), Ever Oasis.  Nintendo fanboy what?  But it does look cute.

Most Disappointing Game: Paper Mario: Colour Splash.  Let's be clear here: only the core Nintendo fans have Wii Us now, and among such fans, the first two games in the series are almost universally considered the best.  So why would you make Sticker Star U?  Generic Mario enemies (including Morton as a boss ferchrissakes), no EXP, no world map... this has "travesty" painted all over it.

Best Surprise Reveal: Managing to get a decent day's play out of LoZBotW.  I expected it to be big: I didn't expect it to be that big. Shocked And so much going on!  Nintendo actually managed to make an idea I thought would flop on its backside work.  Speaking of which...

Best Company Showing: Nintendo. #nobias

Surprised?  Nintendo was well below its best, but actually the other showings didn't have me whooping and hollering either.  It probably doesn't help that I didn't watch any of them, but neither (of the big two) was like Sony's last year, dropping megatons and answering dreams left right and centre.  Neither had more than a couple of big games that I was interested in.

And actually, Nintendo not only had the same number of big games that I was interested in on their first day alone (albeit one wasn't shown off all that well); they managed to have a brilliant, detailed, all-gameplay presentation of the game I've been most excited for since... I can't remember!  Maybe SSBU, but this feels better than that, more exciting.  And then the presentation yesterday with a couple of surprises (even if one was BoxBoxBoy).

Nintendo even managed to make me interested in amiibo again - one glow-in-the-dark, one posable, and one brilliantly used in what should be one of the best games in all of ever.  Not their best conference, but they managed expectations well, and it was worlds away from the drab non-presentation of yesteryear.  

Game of E3: If yours isn't The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, you're doing gaming wrong.

Honourable non-game mention: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGnrvZIMcOS/

Dishonourable non-game mention: EA.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 8:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 8:56

Would that be Most Disappointing Game which has to be Final Fantasy XV, I know the game will be good but the demo at MS and then the shoehorned VR demo at Sony were both utter crap. I also tried to watch some of the Square stream of the game and it worse then Nintendo showing of Pokemon Go.

Also I see a worst conference vote there which I agree is EA
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 12:07

I got my MH Gen demo I was after, CAPCOM win all the E3's.

Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 12:15

Could've done with some more demos. for those not at E3.  Like, for example, Rhythm Paradise Chuffing Megamix NoE. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 12:36

Watching and reading a lot about E3, Phil Spencer has shown what gaming is about with his tweet to Shuhei on congratulating Sony on there Conference , clear messaging about Xbox One S and Scorpio in a interview which he even says don't buy a Scorpio if you don't have a 4KTV which is a little odd as it will have exclusive VR support which of course doesn't matter what TV you've got.

And just being a all round nice bloke which gets stick from his own consoles fan base along within the industry fans of all of gaming going this is better or on his comment about Sony's lack of exclusives and the backlash from PlayStation fans, who have jumped the gun where I think he meant what was shown at the E3 conference not just in general for the year.

Where we should be all more like Mr Spencer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 19:03

Balladeer wrote:
Could've done with some more demos. for those not at E3.  Like, for example, Rhythm Paradise Chuffing Megamix NoE. DAMN YOU!

I say it every year, all the companies involved at E3 should be pushing demos out for those who can't make it to the show.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 19:09

Yeah, he seems like a good egg. I liked last year, where everyone they interviewed had their favourite game under their name. There was plenty of Nintendo and Playstation stuff listed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 19:30

Regarding Spencer, scroll down my posts on page 6 of this thread. Said it once, am lazy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 19:38

Yeah he could be doing for the reason because of Sony winning but I think he just likes games and gaming.

I've tried MonHan Generation's seems more of the same, so not for me. The wait continues for Stories to make it for the west.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 22:19

masofdas wrote:

I've tried MonHan Generation's seems more of the same, so not for me. The wait continues for Stories to make it for the west.

Tbh I think if MH Stories was coming to EU/US then it would have been announced at E3, since the main producer of the overall series was there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 22:23

I hope it will be in a Direct which shows likes of the other Dragon Quest game coming and other 2017 games at somepoint.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 22:50

I've not been following the E3 action very closely but it seems to me, from the chat on here, that it's been a quieter event than in some previous years. Is that about right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 22:55

The lack of proper presser or Digital Event made that inevitable.  It was almost all trailers followed by gameplay, with Zelda and Pokémon arguably being the only megatons.  

Still, as mentioned earlier (I remain lazy), it was much better than I thought it would be.  Also: much better than last year, where we entered in full sail only to realise that the sail was made of rice paper and had a bad infestation of maggots.  I did enjoy getting hyped up in previous years, however having Nintendo themselves un-hype me this time around meant that I could really enjoy what was there as opposed to mourning about what wasn't.

And hey, I've still managed 20 posts over each of the last few days! Shame there was almost nobody to talk with on Skype yesterday though. Who scheduled the podcast recording for the second half of Ninty's E3? DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 23:23

In general, it felt "OK" - I think there were less OH MY GOD moments than previous years. Other than one Hylian example. I've read your awards and taken things into consideration, and realised I can't replicate that:

Things I really really liked:
Zelda: No hearts? Controversial! But this might be a game you refer to when discussing other things, i.e. "before Breath of the Wild" / "after Breath of the Wild"

Things I liked quite a lot:
South Park The Fractured But Whole: Stick of Truth was only the second RPG I finished (I done 3 now). They've made the actual "game" a bit cleverer, and we get to go back to South Park itself; they did such a good job of making it feel like a coherent slice of cartoon last time.
Battlefield 1: As someone who spent far too long playing Knights of the Sky as a kid, the idea of playing another WW1 game with biplanes is quite an exciting one.
We Happy Few: The idea's a great one. Although I worry that it's a bit too close to Suburban British Bioshock.
[/b]Pokemon Sun/Moon:[/b] Still Rowlet.

Things that were Cool I Guess:
BoxBoxBoy: Loved the first one - is this more of the game though?
Ever Oasis: As long as it's not too much like Fantasy Life, we'll be OK.
Last Guardian: It's been quite a while, it's almost definitely going to be disappointing...
Rhythm Whatsit Megamix: I should champion this, but... something's a bit off.
Zero Dawn Horizon: Game looks good - but you had to double-check I'd got the title wrong. OR DID I

Bleugh:
Paper Mario: Sigh
COD: Ooh, what's this game? A robot suit has kind-of started to make it's own deci-OHFUCKITSCALLOFDUTY
Anything VR: I'd love to be Batman. But 5 minutes of being Batman means being sick / tired / disorientated / confused. VR is not for me.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016 - 11:40

I liked this year Zero as MS & Sony both had good conferences like last year that can't really say that's been quieter but due to things like Nintendo only having there Treehouse a lot didn't have time off or whatever to chat on Skype or Podcast like we did last year.

That seems less excitement around everything even though we had so many good things shown.

Shame VR makes you feel ill Jim, as I'm hearing Batman VR is amazing and one of the best VR experiences at E3 but I wonder if you can guess what VR thing had the longest line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next