We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 15:39

Double post Razz

I've known about this game for a while but now it has a release date of July 12th, any takers?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:08

What is that? A mixture of fighting game and Pong? Looks intriguing, anyway! The visuals look really nice - the sound design sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:30

Yeah that's pretty much what it is & it can get crazy looking in a 4 player match.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:36

Sound design? That was just music over gameplay, didn't hear any sound effects at all... Confused

I assume this is a sequel to the original Lethal League - I played a bit of the original on Steam. It's good fun and gets incredibly hectic once you hit a huge rally against your opponent and it's chock-a-block of crazy effect and abilities to boot. If this version has online multiplayer, then this could genuinely see a look from me.

The soundtrack was pretty tasty too:

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:44

I included music, and primarily meant music, in that sweeping statement; but the closing brag made my skin crawl. It does sound like a sequel to LL: fair to say that game's music (or at least that one tune of that game's music) doesn't do it for me either!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:50

Ah fair - I always see music and sound design as two separate categories in the overall audio department.

My music tastes are eclectic so most styles of music jive with me. I can appreciate if LL's tunes aren't to somebody's tastes though!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:25

Yup it's a sequel and it does have online play speaking of which here's a full match.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 18:03

Double post Razz

Odallus: the Dark call is now on sale for £5.39 & I'd say it's worth a pop at that price especially if you like the old style of the Castlevania games, I will warn though that some bosses can be really annoying and I eventually gave up on the game because of the bastard hard end boss.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:40

I think my time with Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night over the last week has reaffirmed that I'm definitely more of a fan of the Metroidvania Castlevania games as opposed the older style. Odallus might not be for me, I'd say!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:46

I'm actually finally planning on playing a bunch of Castlevania game's as SOTN is part of games with gold this month and adds to a rather deep collection on Xbox One I've got, that's also without buying Harmony of Dissonance or the collection.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2019 - 18:44

ESHOP SALE THING NOW ON

I bought Katamari Damacy as the only game on my watchlist that was on sale, but Baba Is You is now only £11.29 and that's an absurd price for this gem. Love
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2019 - 19:25

I'll probably be picking up mark of the ninja remastered, its been on my watchlist for so long and I believe this is the first time its been on sale.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 9:27

Balladeer wrote:
I bought Katamari Damacy

Let us know what you think! Hopefully you love it Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:12

I've turned my Switch on Afraid

Anyway I spotted a game called Transcripted which has 100% off making it free, so might be worth do downloading before it's back up to £7.99.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:25

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I bought Katamari Damacy

You'll never get used to the controls, Balladeer, but hopefully you'll stick with it. This isn't a game to play for twenty minutes and then leave it behind!

masofdas wrote:

Anyway I spotted a game called Transcripted which has 100% off making it free, so might be worth do downloading before it's back up to £7.99.

It's free if you own another Plug In Digital game: https://gonintendo.com/stories/340006-grab-transcripted-for-free-if-you-own-another-switch-title-from-p

Games:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I bought Katamari Damacy

You'll never get used to the controls, Balladeer, but hopefully you'll stick with it. This isn't a game to play for twenty minutes and then leave it behind!

Ominous words! I'll certainly give it a fair stab, although right now I must admit that the sales-induced keenness on GRcade around Baba Is You has brought me back to that. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2019 - 9:23

Will download that free game then, as I appear to be eligible!

@Balla it will probably take 20 minutes to get the controls, but I think once they click they become very transparent and you don't need to think about them any more as you play the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2019 - 10:19

Ahh, I bought Bury Me, My Love in the sale along with Lost in Harmony (as I had credit left) and SEGA AGES Phantasy Star which is the game I wanted due to Scullions Game Club.

I did spot a few other good games but the big ones I would want like SteamWorld Quest, Cadence of Hyrule aren't on sale.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:47

It's free if you own another Plug In Digital game: https://gonintendo.com/stories/340006-grab-transcripted-for-free-if-you-own-another-switch-title-from-p

Ah, cheers for the heads up. I've got Bury me, my love so that'll make me eligible for that freebie.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 20:40

Does anybody have any strong eShop recommendations before the summer sale ends in a few days?

~

I'm recommending Miles & Kilo, which is 80% off and down to £1.43:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Miles-Kilo-1392870.html

I beat it last year, reviewed it in that thread, and I think I underrated it with a 7/10. It's a very nice little platformer, lovingly put together and given plenty of updates by it's development team of two. Great gameplay and an even better soundtrack - very good stuff. It's even got a demo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 20:52

Seen the devs posting about it on twitter as it's coming to 3DS and VITA at some point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:37

Does anybody have any strong eShop recommendations before the summer sale ends in a few days?

Maybe one or two.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 0:41

FURI is good, but rock solid from what I recall. Very flashy action game though.

Ape Out is on sale too - I think that was rated highly by somebody on here (Jas, maybe?) if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 11:10

Oninaki has a demo up on eShop, PSN and STEAM which does the same as Octopath Traveller, where you can play for a few hours then continue on with the main game.

I'm tempted to give the game ago but it seems to be digital only (part from in Japan), which is fine but it's listed as $50, which does put me off especially with also coming late August where Switch will have Astral Chain.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 16:38

I did enjoy Ape out and said this:

Jaster wrote:
There's something hypnotic and satisfying about galloping (do apes gallop?) through the levels in this game just causing chaos along the way, the controls are simple to pick up & the jazz soundtrack spurs you on nicely. It's quite a short game with 4 chapters overall that only contain 8 levels, though each one does have a good variety of enemies to deal with but you will finish it in around 2 or 3 hours - after you beat a chapter it does unlock an arcade mode but I never felt the need to try it out so maybe it has some replay value here.

Overall I enjoyed my time with this one but I'd only recommend it if it's on sale & if you are looking for something short. Thumbs Up!

EDIT: Just found out that Ape out also has a demo.

---

I started up Mark of the Ninja remastered (another that's on sale) last night and while I've only played a few levels so far I'd say if you haven't ever played it that's worth getting as well.

masofdas wrote:
.....I'm tempted to give the game ago but it seems to be digital only (part from in Japan)

I noticed the other night that I have way more digital games on my Switch than I do retail & I'm totally fine with it as digital only games suit the system so well.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 17:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next