We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

Go down 
+9
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:20

Loses something without the mad chanting, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:23

Yeah a little but I still quite like it as my mind fills in the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:39

JayMoyles wrote:
Loses something without the mad chanting, doesn't it?

This is absolutely my take on it. I've seen Ninty Life saying it's catchier than the original, but without the chants and the football-esque whistles (which The Jasman himself talked up) I think they're talking as close to objective tripe as you can get with music.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 20:11

Yeah, I enjoy it but as just a piece of music it doesn't pack half the punch it does as an excited, chanting, sporty theme tune.

Wooo oooooohh ooooooooohhhh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:54

Twintelle will playable in the testpunch this weekend as well as ('Mon the) Hoops mode, no big deal if they don't (with the launch so close) but the option of friend only matches would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 15:02

It would, especially as this is a fighting game. I know its much more accessible than most, so perhaps this won't be as much of an issue, but a huge problem I have with fighters is just finding someone of my skill level to have some fun and competitive matches with - preferably locally. Knowing where the gnamer squad are at skillwise would be nice.

I mean, I'm picking it up anyway but it would be nice to know how bad I am relative to people I'll be playing the most. I'm spoilt.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 17:52

Exactly! It might be worth a bunch of us jumping on skype at one of the 7pm sessions to see if we can get into the same party mode lobby.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 20:23

Nice! Witness the thiccness!

As for friend games, I doubt we'll get anything we didn't see in the first Testpunch. As for manually trying to diddle it, I think we tried that with Spla2n to no avail. We'll all be on it in two weeks anyhoo!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 20:37

Oh yeah I forgot that we tried that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 21:39

Two weeks! Dance Still need to get that pre-order in... tomorrow. Enjoy the last round of Testpunches, lads. So sad I can't play it... Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 3:12

Only managed a couple of matches there, drunk and trying to play Quiplash at the same time.

Liked Twintelle and managed to pull off the stickpress colourswap.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 16:07

Do you reckon they might allow us to turn off the rush special in friend games? Now it doesn't happen in every game & there are good ways to counter it but occasionally I'd be having an evenly matched fight only for it to be ruined somewhat by hitting or receiving a lucky rush attack.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 16:16

Hopefully we can mess around with settings to have some fun games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 17:50

Saltin_Jaster wrote:
Do you reckon they might allow us to turn off the rush special in friend games? Now it doesn't happen in every game & there are good ways to counter it but occasionally I'd be having an evenly matched fight only for it to be ruined somewhat by hitting or receiving a lucky rush attack.
ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 Hqdefault

They might well give us a good suite of options. Everyone has the same access to rushing, though, and I did find it pretty dodgeable. You can see when an opponent is fully charged and plan accordingly.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 18:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
Saltin_Jaster wrote:
ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 Hqdefault

They might well give us a good suite of options. Everyone has the same access to rushing, though, and I did find it pretty dodgeable. You can see when an opponent is fully charged and plan accordingly.

Laughing  I am gud tho & I'm not saying it's awful to have it in the game & I've had just as many moments where it helps with a comeback......so just wondering how the fight would go without it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 18:50

Yeah, I know bud. To me that's a little too close to the "Fox only, no items, final destination" mentality which I've always disliked. If the option is there, I'd be up for giving it a go. Every now and then I enjoy a Mario Kart game without items!

With powers on and off, solo matches, two on twos, fatal fourways, triple threats, target practice, hoops, voleyball . . . there's a lot of variety in there when I'd probably have been happy with a dry one-on-one fighter!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 22:49

I think it's just one of those things like supers in injustice, rage art in tekken etc
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 10:59

I've slowly been getting better at this over the course of the testpunch, although I think other players have too so it's a zero sum game. Last night my grabs looked like they hit so many targets, only to pass harmlessly through them. Probably a connection issue but annoying nonetheless. I'm also not sold on the skill shot mode, I feel like it favours arms with a big spread far too much and if you're queuing with Helix that's no good!

Enjoyed Basketball a lot though #UNDEFEATED, and I like the idea of the 3v1 boss mode but my squads would always lose to father time on levels 5+. Hopefully the launch won't have a mandatory 90 second timer, I'll definitely be on board with that mode over voice chat since it'll mean we can time our grabs and specials much better.

I hope Nintendo keep the Testsomethings coming, they're a really nice substitute for demos and keep the player population high by limiting the amount of time they're available.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 12:56

I have good sessions and bad sessions, but I've definitely had a slight upwards curve. Skillshot is probably the least interesting mode, I can't see it being fun for more than the first day or two.

Well up for more tests though. The specific times and festival feel has made me get involved more than a standard demo or beta ever could.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 14:06

Scratch that, just had a blinder of a Testpunch. I was up to 70-odd points before I disconnected at the 45 minute mark. I only lost a couple of matches in the whole thing, and discounting the ones where I was lumbered with crap teammates for 2-on-2 or Dethlok, the fights I lost were down-to-the-wire nail-biters, with us both on a slither of health. What a game!

I've gravitated towards Min-Min as it's gone on, but I think for the final hour tonight I'm gonna ban myself from playing as her to give everyone else a fair crack of the whip.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 14:25

My win rate seemed to sky rocket too, finishing on 79 points from about 45 mins of play too! After trying for ages, Helix finally clicked! I still can't get my head around his shield arm thing, but otherwise I got him down - at least, much more so than before. I had a little go with everyone except the ninja loser. My only 1v1 losses came against him, although I also seemed to have the most lag issues either teaming with or fighting against that silly ninja. Coincidence? Absolutely. But with his warping ability any latency can really screw you over.

Highly enjoyable session overall though, and I'm still a boss at Testpunch Hoops. I had 3 of those, and on 2 matches conceded no baskets! I almost overturned a handicap in a taggers as well after my partner died super early. I clawed it back to a 1v1, but Master Mummy bested me with a few magic pixels of health to spare.

Great game, enjoyed this testpunch more than I would any traditional fighter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 14:39

Seen lots of Ninjara bitchin', but I never had too much trouble with him. Felt like the only people playing as him against me were 14-year-old boys without the skill to use him well.
Muss wrote:
I'm still a boss at Testpunch Hoops. I had 3 of those, and on 2 matches conceded no baskets!
I only managed to get one game of Hoops today, but I won an 11-0 pasting, so I was happy to retire on that.
Quote :
I almost overturned a handicap in a taggers as well after my partner died super early. I clawed it back to a 1v1, but Master Mummy bested me with a few magic pixels of health to spare.
I had a similar experience, got them both down to an invisible bar of health. I was ready to roar in triumph but one of them got me with a special and it was lights out. I feel like coming back from a disadvantage is maybe harder than it should be, but it just means if it does happen you'll feel like the boss.
Quote :
Great game, enjoyed this testpunch more than I would any traditional fighter.
Agreedo.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 15:04

Yeah he's alright really, he was just a popular choice in the lobby I was in and coincidentally the dude with most latency - which to be fair, I may only have noticed because I lost. I've used him a little and he's fun to play so I've got no real complaints about him, other than my innate dislike of most ninjas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 15:07

drunka wrote:
Seen lots of Ninjara bitchin', but I never had too much trouble with him. Felt like the only people playing as him against me were 14-year-old boys without the skill to use him well.

In my play sessions the skill gap seems to vary quite wildly, it's not that spam throwing with him (especially if they teleport a fair bit) is hard to combat against it's the fact it's annoying to have to keep that up for a whole fight. Meaning the match usually turns out to be a very boring affair where someone wins via time.

I'm thinking you might see less of it happening in normal 1v1's where you have to win 2 rounds and not just one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 0:06

The_Jaster wrote:

I doubt it because as Mas said it's comparable to supers/ultras in other traditional fighters. It's a great comeback tool that I think really adds to the game, personally.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: