We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 19:44

Just finished watching the first 10 episodes of season 1 of Disenchantment, I'm going to say it's worth a watch but not to go out if way to do so.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:03

I'm four episodes in and have been enjoying it so far, but some of the jokes just weren't (aren't) my type of humour. It's certainly not at the same level as The Simpsons or Futurama but still definitely worth a watch I agree.
One thing I miss from the aforementioned shows is having a much wider cast, we've gone from 5/6 protagonists to 3 and I don't know how I feel about that change.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 10:04

I'm watching Person of Interest, only a eight years or so after it came out, looking for a Castle withdrawal drug. It doesn't quite have the blend of levity and drama, but it's still good!

Anyone watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I've heard good things.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 10:16

B99 is excellent
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:30

I'm surprised Andy's not popped in - he's said some great things about that show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:59

Andy's vanished recently. I just presumed he'd been subsumed into MHGU.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 23:00

He's been travelling, he may be a tired boy.

On topic, Better Call Saul has kicked back off again. It's still some of the best TV around and remains an easy recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Aug 2018 - 9:17

Yeah I don't use the mobile version as it drives me mad, so I've not been on since I left. B99 is easily a top 5 show.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Aug 2018 - 9:27

I'll add that and MHA to an increasingly long list then...

I tried using the mobile site recently. It's not awful, but by lacking simple functions such as quoting and text formatting, it's not the best. Meh
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 2:55

Me and Andy both recently marathonned Brooklyn 99. By far the best of the traditional US sitcoms, its hilarious and woke and manages to engage as a drama and a cop show as well as a goofy comedy. Highly recommended.

In other news, I recently started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's good!

I look forward to watching Bojack and BCS once I either figure out how to download on Netflix or get home wifi. Not doing that over data!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:30

That's a pretty strong recommendation from just about everyone then! We've got another season of Supernatural to work through, and we're watching Spaced (what Pegg and Frost did before the Cornetto Trilogy - pretty funny), but after that, I'm up for it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:56

Oh Spaced is absolutely phenomenal! Also not just Frost and Pegg btw Edgar Wright is director too.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:59

Drunkalilly wrote:

In other news, I recently started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's good!

You should watch Korra afterwards. Great show and a worthy successor to TLA. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptySat 8 Sep 2018 - 1:18

JayMoyles wrote:

You should watch Korra afterwards. Great show and a worthy successor to TLA. Thumbs Up!

yeah i plan to do the lot eventually.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptySun 9 Sep 2018 - 20:15

The_Jaster wrote:
Oh Spaced is absolutely phenomenal! Also not just Frost and Pegg btw Edgar Wright is director too.

It's pretty darn good! Have to say, thus far it's winning over Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Thus far I don't really like any of the characters, apart from the 'straight man' Holt (I know, I know), which is a problem. Does Sandberg get any less... Sandbergian as the series goes on?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 5:24

Every character is revealed to have more and more layers and emotion and actual characterisation. Jake does remain "Whacky" but it isn't his entire character, and seeing his relationship with Holt especially develop is something special.

In other news, it turns out downloading Netflix works on my new phone so I'm grabbing Star Treks and Marvel shows while I'm on wifi to watch at home. When I'm through Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist I'll start on Better Call Saul. I reckon I'mma do a full rewatch of Bojack Horseman before I get into the latest series.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 5:43

We've bought the first series so were kind of forced to stick with it anyway, but it sounds like it'll reward us for doing so. Good to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 20:12

I'm watching S2 of Daredevil - I've just finished watching the episode where Elektra is introduced. I've got a lot of Marvel Netflix stuff to catch up on, it seems!

I've got a big ol' list of things to watch on Netflix - anyone got any recommendations beyond what's in this list?

Watchlist:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:04

Season 2 of The Gifted started last week and it's off to a great start, again I highly recommend everyone here gives that show a watch and before that while I had an amazon prime free trial I rinsed the first 2 seasons of Sneaky Pete.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:07

I'd recommend removing House of Cards from that list. It's not that great and if I hadn't already watched so much I'd have palmed it off long ago. I'd say Narcos is in a similar boat. Altered Carbon I've not seen but I've not heard anything good about it, so probably worth putting it to the bottom of this list.

What you should have on that list is a weird little show that nobody has heard of - Brooklyn 99
Also - The Good Place, American Vandal, Disenchantment, Neo Yokio, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Inside No 9, Peep Show (I can't remember if you've seen this but even if you have, see it again), Glow, iZombie, Toast of London and Friday Night Dinner
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:12

See I've heard nothing but good things about Altered Carbon and was guessing why it's on Jay's list.

Maniac maybe from what I've heard but I'm yet to watch it as I'm still catching up on Marvel Show's as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 0:26

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'd recommend removing House of Cards from that list. It's not that great and if I hadn't already watched so much I'd have palmed it off long ago. I'd say Narcos is in a similar boat. Altered Carbon I've not seen but I've not heard anything good about it, so probably worth putting it to the bottom of this list.

What you should have on that list is a weird little show that nobody has heard of - Brooklyn 99
Also - The Good Place, American Vandal, Disenchantment, Neo Yokio, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Inside No 9, Peep Show (I can't remember if you've seen this but even if you have, see it again), Glow, iZombie, Toast of London and Friday Night Dinner

Yeah, House of Cards was on the breadline, especially with everything that happened with Spacey as well. It'll be a last resort if I totally run out of things to watch/read/play, which as you know for me will be never.

As for the rest of your recommendations:

Your list:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 9:51

The Good Place is a real hard sell because you pretty much can't do so without spoiling it...

I've not watched Making a Murderer but I enjoyed both seasons of American Vandal

Disenchantment is closer to Futurama

Neo Yokio is crazy short and is terrible but also brilliant...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 14:04

I've got A Good Place on my watchlist, meant to be real good but it's now 3 season's in, which is putting me off as got to try fitting all that in.

When I could watch a season of three other shows instead.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 21:26

Crumpy Andy wrote:
The Good Place is a real hard sell because you pretty much can't do so without spoiling it...

Ah, the Undertale of TV shows then.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Neo Yokio is crazy short and is terrible but also brilliant...

Like are we talking genuine shite or The Room shite?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next