We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 13:55

Ah. Been there, mostly with Smash Bros. Take a break from those games at least, I would, just until one of those two is resolved. Could always give something more peaceful a shot?

I'm still playing Sushi Striker, incidentally. It is not more peaceful.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 17:18

Yeah my break lasted as long as it took Netflix to need to buffer . . . then I grabbed my Switch Laughing
i smashed the bit I was stuck on in Hollow Knight, which turned out to be totally optional anyway, then carried on with that game for two or three more hours. Opened up the map and now it feels a different, more pleasant kind of stressful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 13:30

I get the stress element of Hollow Knight, but it feels like a totally different stress to other "hard games" that I've played. It's closer to Mega Man considering every enemy and boss has a clear attack pattern - once you've learned that, it's so satisfying exploiting their weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
kerr9000
Splatted Goomba

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 16:07

I started Mario Odyssey but then really got in to playing Xcom 2 the Chosen dlc on xbox one and stopped playing Mario , so having finished that yesterday then I guess I will go back to Mario.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 16:59

Man, I can't believe anything managed to pull you away from SMO! That was something I had to play start to finish with no interruptions.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 18:45

He's not wrong, SMO is basically the second-best game ever[citation needed].
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 19:07

After Dark souls, right? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 19:28

Well at least that's better then what Balla would say is number 1.
Back to top Go down
kerr9000
Splatted Goomba

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 21:56

I really like Mario dont get me wrong, but Xcom and Fire Emblem and things of that type just kind of call to me.

I am back playing Mario now and enjoying it.... I also tend to stretch games out a bit if I like them, I could have finished the Xcom 2 Chosen days ago but kept messing around doing things that would get achievments because I wanted it to last..... I dont want mario to finish to quickly because it will be a long time till we see its like again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 5:52

JayMoyles wrote:
I get the stress element of Hollow Knight, but it feels like a totally different stress to other "hard games" that I've played. It's closer to Mega Man considering every enemy and boss has a clear attack pattern - once you've learned that, it's so satisfying exploiting their weaknesses.

For the most part, I agree. It's not so much hard as it is firm. In this case, though, I was on a real bastard of a platforming challenge.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 21:30

kerr9000 wrote:
I dont want mario to finish to quickly because it will be a long time till we see its like again.

Aye, this is a good point - there'a lot of effort gone in to the old Odyssey, and I don't think there's a Super Mario Galaxy 2-like situation round the corner.

I've finally started Yooka-Laylee. Bless him, that Mr. Kirkhope only knows one song. However, it's a very nostalgic one, and, despite the silliness, I almost wanted to do a bit of a cry - it's the good old days. Then the camera rotated itself to get round a tree, and made me veer off a cliff.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
kerr9000
Splatted Goomba

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 22:37

after playing some more mario I reached what I guess is the last level maybe, and so I put it down and tried Mario Aces.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 3:30

I think I fall someone between Messrs Kerr and Moyles. I ploughed through to the credits of Mario, unable to put the game down, but I'm taking my time a lot more with gathering the other moons.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 20:45

Whereas I ploughed through them all as I am an impatient bastard.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:03

DoPo: I've had a crack at Iconcolasts. It's a puzzle-platformer that got at least some decent reception, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Ladies and gents and enbies: if you are making a platformer, or a 2D Metroidvania, absolutely the first thing you have to get right is the jump. Make it quick to start, and give it some thrust. Make it a thing of power. Iconoclasts ignores this golden rule. Its jump feels slow, floaty, ponderous. It is not a thing of power. It is bobbins.

Its enemies also don't drop any form of reqard (occasionally some health) when they die, which surely must also be another rule of the platforming creed. Coming from Hollow Knight, both aspects were especially jarring. (They respawn quickly as well.) Throw in an Owlboy-like graphical style, and so far Iconoclasts and I have gotten off on the wrong foot.

However. The little bit of dialogue I've experienced was actually quite funny. I was quite impressed by that. So I think I'll keep going, but it's got to start holding up the gameplay end of the bargain some time soon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:05

Balladeer wrote:

Its enemies also don't drop any form of reqard (occasionally some health) when they die, which surely must also be another rule of the platforming creed.

Outwith of Metroidvanias, I don't think a lot of enemies drop anything of note in most traditional platformers beyond a sense of satisfaction at stomping another Goomba.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:07

I can't get past Mario and its coins I'm afraid. I don't play many other 2D platformers...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:09

Do the enemies drop coins in 2D Mario? Maybe I'm not thinking past the original SMB, but I thought that was something reserved for the realms of 3D Mario.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:23

Maybe it is just points... Eh? All I can say is that stomping a Goomba feels a deal more satisfying than shooting the spiky blighters who form Iconoclasts' bread-and-butter foes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:30

I'll chime in on this again if I ever get around to picking up Iconoclasts, but I reckon it's dipped a wee bit down my wishlist after you've mentioned you're not getting on well with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyThu 9 Aug 2018 - 21:38

Ah well, you know our tastes don't match up perfectly (see HK Winky Face ), and other people obviously love it! I'll let you know how I get on.

EDIT by way of re-post: The story and characters are actually getting pretty intriguing. Mixing slapstick with ideas about Utopia. As for the enemies, it turns out that after you get not too far into the game, they start to emit fuel... which I can only think of as SOUL right now.

It still doesn't feel as good as the Knight, or Mario, or any one of a number of platform heroes, but it's doing its own thing and I'm interested to see more of that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 16:13

Good to hear that it's picking up somewhat. I'll return to keeping an eye on it, then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 16:59

Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the eShop-specific thread, but it's what I'm playing, so here will do!

Downloaded Crypt of the Necrodancer and Yoku's Island Express yesterday, as my first forays into paying for stuff off the eShop. CotN is a lot of fun and very addictive due to the fact that it's pretty easy to get diamonds to unlock new stuff, but don't get me wrong, everything else about the game is haaard. I managed to beat Zone 1, but Zone 4 currently seems like a distant dream. YIE is also a lot of fun and while the pinballing can be a little frustrating sometimes if you can't quite nail a shot, it's very sweet, original and well put together. I'd recommend em both!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 17:43

I played through the first 10 levels of Aqua Kitty UDX the other night, really nice shoot em up especially if you are just after a quick go of something and it's on sale right now for £3.24 Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 18:56

Those are exactly my thoughts on Yoku's Island Express and Aqua Kitty UDX - both are well worthwhile. YIE has a downloadable demo that's just been put up on the eShop too, if it takes anyone's fancy.

I'm at that point where I'm hanging about for the next big game, after playing and/or completing a load of smaller ones (like Miles & Kilo, Go Vacation, Bleed and Enter The Gungeon). I'm thinking about squeezing Flipping Death in before FIFA 19 comes out - has anyone got Flipping Death?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next