We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 19:27

The sense of humour doesn't seem to be my sort of thing, sadly. I must admit that I must strode into this thread to vent about Crypt of the Necrodancer, which is a rhythm-action game of the sort I've always wanted... but of course it's a fecking roguelike isn't it. Of course. Hissy fit

Must get back to YIE. Curse you Iconoclasts for being good! Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 22:30

I've not gone for Flipping Death as it seemed to be all about its writing which, like Balla, I haven't rated watching trailers of the game.

I did pick up Crypt of the Necrodancer though as I love a good rogue-like and because my backlog is an all encompassing beast that's out for world domination.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:10

Not to be confused with crypt of the naked dancer, which turned out to be a wholly different game. (pause for laughter)

(unpause)
I just got done playing with the Valkyria CHronicles 4 demo, never having played a VC game before I was suitably impressed, it is basically fire emblem if fire emblem dropped the grid system and made the combat more involved. It's very satisfying putting a couple guys in a defensive position and watch them gun down the enemy as they make their move. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:33

I bought Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana the other day, having played the demo on the PS4 yonks ago and enjoyed it (as the gameplay is in the same vein as the Tales Of series, and I'm a sucker for that). The JRPG tropes are all there - ridiculous game title, uppity noblewoman who realises the commoners aren't all bad, comedy fisherman who fights with an anchor and farts occasionally - and that's all ok by me.

Debating whether to buy Owlboy tonight, as it's 40% off the eShop until tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure if it's worth it. Critical darling but not so loved here, I've come to believe.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:51

I don't know anybody on here that's played it beyond Balla - I took a punt on it with that 40% off saving, I think it's going to be worth that price tag.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 22:56

Err...I just traded Owlboy in! It's all right, looks and sounds magic but it didn't really click with me.

I'm just off of Yoku's Island Express and back onto online matches of Mario Tennis Aces. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 17:06

I didn't think it looked or sounded that great either... awkward! If it's heavily discounted it might be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 17:21

Playing a bit of Mario Tennis and Aqua kitty UDX here and there, the formers adventure mode isn't that good, is it? I honestly feel like dropping it and just playing online MP whenever I decide to boot up the game again.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 19:10

Balladeer wrote:
I didn't think it looked or sounded that great either... awkward!  If it's heavily discounted it might be worth a shot.

Well, it was down to £11.99 and I had some gold points so I got it for a tenner in the end. Played the first bit of it and it seems pretty fun, though I'm trying to wrap my head around the control scheme - ZL to lift people up as well as enter doors hasn't quite clicked with me yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2018 - 22:54

The_Jaster wrote:
I honestly feel like dropping it and just playing online MP whenever I decide to boot up the game again.  

I think it's short enough that it's worth powering through to at least say you've finished it, but the meat of the game certainly lies in its multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 11:30

I think it's going to be a lot better now the missions have quick restarts. (Not that I'd know, I haven't played it since...) Also they introduced more game modes for local, didn't they?

Okami is still such an amazing game, even now. Once it gets out of Kamiki Village it becomes truly brilliant. Couldn't disagree more with Fronk's appraisal. Not all games have to be hard!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 15:34

It's just boring and I've found myself clicking the A button like a maniac to get through those dialogue scenes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 17:09

I thought I was meant to be the impatient one! Laughing And it's true, I'd like the dialogue to be quicker; but boring? Nah. Not past the beginning (the beginning is boring). It's got a real sense of magic to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 17:27

I last left it after I took out the shy guys on the train, that's past the beginning, right? I still find it boring. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 19:32

Sure you’re not thinking of Captain Toad? Nah nah! Seriously, what bit has the train?  I don’t remember that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 20:52

Balladeer wrote:
Sure you’re not thinking of Captain Toad? Nah nah! Seriously, what bit has the train?  I don’t remember that.

Nope!

Spoilers just in case anyone cares. :
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 23:19

...I thought you were talking about Okami! Duh!

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 Tenor

Can believe that about MTA, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 21:25

I did for a bit as well! The Shy Guys on a Train clarified things. Unless they're in Okami as well? It's been a while...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 21:41

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Aug 2018 - 19:27

I thought Jas might have been referring to the imps.

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 2-ooyce

They've got masks, they come in different colours - wouldn't surprise me if they inspired Shy Guys, at least in part!  But, er, he wasn't. Embarrassed

I'm trying to finish Iconoclasts now.  Damn Switch and its too many good games, rackem frackem...
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 10:13

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Err...I just traded Owlboy in! It's all right, looks and sounds magic but it didn't really click with me.

I finally got round to finishing Owlboy (after real life breaking up my switch play time) and the pixel art is just on another level. It's so easily one of the most accomplished games I've seen.

It's beyond baffling that Balla can't appreciate it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 17:35

I don't know why Owlboy didn't strike a chord with me - it's got everything I like in the game. Meh

I'm back onto Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, leathering folk from Belgium and Switzerland online. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 20:26

Owlboy just felt lacking for me (apart from not being as beautiful as everyone said it was. Razz It probably didn't help that I'd just come out of Celeste, which I found beautiful).  Didn't like the level design or the controls, I think, and the plot and characters felt monstrously unsubtle after Celeste.

Sorry for talking about Celeste again. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:15

I'm still powering through Octopath Traveller, but I suspect my Switch time will be taken up by MHGU moving forwards. I've already put 15 hours into it... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:18

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 Bf7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next