We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 17:59

You can definitely see the Ninja Gaiden influence what I mean is TM just has fun with it rather than just being a serious game about saving the world.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 14:07

I think I've come to the end of the road with my first Football Manager Touch 2018® - I won the Asian Champions' League and people still want to leave for a Bigger Club. So I thought I'd try out the Create-A-Club option. Initially I was going to set my local Sunday League team in the Vanarama National League South, but I don't know any of the players, and I felt guilty overriding a real club - I'll probably take on this challenge at a later date. So, given that you can essentially rebuild a team with ficticious names (within the average budget of the league you've chosen) I went full 12-year-old-in-the-editor:
Due to no concept of editing:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 17:25

Ooh, looking forward to more of this!  I did have to ponder who 'Chris Round' was for a bit though. That could be its own thread, Jimbob, if you're planning to carry this on - I reckon people would check in regularly to form disproportionate attachments to the players sharing their names. (Inb4 Balladeer spends his entire career on t'bench.) Your city building thingy could go in there too. 'GNamer Gaming Projects Using Forumite Names Thread' anybody?

I think that at least until I pick up PLGE on Friday, I'm invested in The Messenger for now. I died once on the first boss. Duh! Nice that the eyeball sods off if you die at a boss, mind.

Also the thing they do with the levels straight after that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 17:47

Balladeer wrote:
Ooh, looking forward to more of this!  I did have to ponder who 'Chris Round' was for a bit though.  That could be its own thread, Jimbob, if you're planning to carry this on - I reckon people would check in regularly to form disproportionate attachments to the players sharing their names.  (Inb4 Balladeer spends his entire career on t'bench.)  Your city building thingy could go in there too.  'GNamer Gaming Projects Using Forumite Names Thread' anybody?

That's a good idea, as the thought did cross my mind to make a GNamer wrestling promotion once the FPW promoter dlc comes out and maybe even upload the sim matches to youtube.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 20:49

It's very tempting - I will do! (If anything, to avoid clogging up this thread). Maybe not the Cities Skylines one, as I've basically run out of forumites to name estates after.

I'd certainly be down for the GNamer wrestling promo as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 21:41

I've not actually properly looked into the FPW create a wrestler yet so that should be fun at least.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 21:47

Is The Messenger more like Ninja Gaiden on the NES or Shinobi on the Mega Drive? I ask because I can't be arsed with the former, but I bloody love the latter.

I'm playing SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, which I was surprised to see delivered to my flat while I was out yesterday. It's not due out for another week, but I've spent some of today firing through the likes of Prehistoric Isle in 1930, Street Smart, TNK III and other games that nobody's ever heard of. It's all right!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 22:10

TCK wrote:

Is The Messenger more like Ninja Gaiden on the NES or Shinobi on the Mega Drive? I ask because I can't be arsed with the former, but I bloody love the latter.

Hmmm...tough to say outright because it's clearly influenced by both, and it does enough of it's own thing to make it stand out from those games as well - Also are you into Metroidvania's at all? As the second half of the game leans quite heavily on that genre.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 15:01

Diablo, okay not quite yet as I'm finishing off the cowboy game but now got something to play and Pokemon as well soon. If anyone wants to go looking for loot or battle some monsters.

I was also going to say Civ 6 but the lack of multiplayer is putting me off that one for the price.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 17:59

Absolutely love what you've done with Football Manager Jimbob, is it weird I get a little bit of a buzz from seeing all our names on a team like that? We can say those with just their usernames are brazilian-esque nicknames like Ronaldo or Alan.

Would also be glued to the GNamer Wrestling Federation Jas.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 18:27

Treesmurf wrote:
Would also be glued to the GNamer Wrestling Federation Jas.

That's exactly the name I was going to go with Laughing question is though is it GWF or GNWF?

There's no exact date for the fire promoter dlc yet either (just "Autumn 2018") so it'll be a while off yet.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 21:17

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm playing SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, which I was surprised to see delivered to my flat while I was out yesterday. It's not due out for another week, but I've spent some of today firing through the likes of Prehistoric Isle in 1930, Street Smart, TNK III and other games that nobody's ever heard of. It's all right!

I can't believe how many of those games I've never heard of! I think only Athena and the Ikari Warriorses. If it continues to be alright, let me know. Modern games be damned!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 2:11

DARK motherfucking SOULS

Yaaaasssssss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 10:17

The_Jaster wrote:
TCK wrote:

Hmmm...tough to say outright because it's clearly influenced by both, and it does enough of it's own thing to make it stand out from those games as well -  Also are you into Metroidvania's at all? As the second half of the game leans quite heavily on that genre.

I'm all right with Metroidvania games, but I might need them to hold my hand a bit more than other folk would like. I've had a look at The Messenger for myself, and I can see me getting it...but much like with Celeste, Road Redemption and about fifty other games, I've just got a lot on my gaming plate already. Someday!

Jimbob wrote:

I can't believe how many of those games I've never heard of! I think only Athena and the Ikari Warriorses. If it continues to be alright, let me know. Modern games be damned!

It's very definitely continuing to be all right, and I think it'll be a bit of a bargain once SNK release all that free DLC (which is about another dozen games) next month. I'll stick some reviews of the games I've completed on the reviews thread later Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 16:12

The_Jaster wrote:
TCK wrote:

Hmmm...tough to say outright because it's clearly influenced by both, and it does enough of it's own thing to make it stand out from those games as well -  Also are you into Metroidvania's at all? As the second half of the game leans quite heavily on that genre.

I'm all right with Metroidvania games, but I might need them to hold my hand a bit more than other folk would like. I've had a look at The Messenger for myself, and I can see me getting it...but much like with Celeste, Road Redemption and about fifty other games, I've just got a lot on my gaming plate already. Someday!

It is more straightforward than most as it'll give you a clue to where a collectible that is needed for progress but if you are still not sure you can pay for a better hint.....and aye I get the waiting to buy as I have so many other games I'm doing the same with stuff like Hyper light drifter and Mark of the Ninja remastered to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 20:46

Thus far, it plays like a 2D platformer. I'm aware it's going to change at some point, but I've been very well guided thus far!

Drunkalilly wrote:
DARK motherfucking SOULS

Yaaaasssssss.

Aww! Did you not get into XC2 then?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 1:24

I've been poking at it little by little but its struggled to grab me. It could be any number of factors - playing lots of Pokemon games and dabbling with final fantasy might have left me with JRPG fatigue, and I understand XC2 shines better when docked. I havent written it off entirely but I bloody love Souls and its been 18 months or so since I dipped my toes into the abyss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 21:05

I can understand that! I haven't got DS on the Switch yet, but I have already thought about how I'm going to play through it. It's not just pretense...

It's very definitely continuing to be all right, and I think it'll be a bit of a bargain once SNK release all that free DLC (which is about another dozen games) next month. I'll stick some reviews of the games I've completed on the reviews thread later Thumbs Up!
Noice Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 16:16

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've been poking at it little by little but its struggled to grab me. It could be any number of factors - playing lots of Pokemon games and dabbling with final fantasy might have left me with JRPG fatigue, and I understand XC2 shines better when docked. I havent written it off entirely but I bloody love Souls and its been 18 months or so since I dipped my toes into the abyss.

Sad to hear that, but I can understand how it would happen. Obviously XC2 isn't Game of Forever material, like I know you think DS is. I didn't see much difference between docked and undocked, but maybe it would give a bit of extra immersion?

I remain a little stunned that I'm the only person here who actually likes the game though.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 23:32

I've been switching between Gal Metal, Runner3, SNK Collection and Yomawari Collection lately. All great and unique games!

The SNK 40th Collection really is good. I don't usually get enthusiastic about retro compilations but the team went above and beyond to deliver something truly special. It's worth the price of entry for the Museum section alone - tonnes of interesting historical information about the games from the late 70s through to the 90s, and the trivia only enhances what it's like to basically discover a whole bunch of games I'd barely heard of and never played before. Their significance - SNK's and their games - deserves wider recognition.

Online resources will tell you that SNK's first game was Ozma Wars, but this is false. The team managed to track down their first ever game at an arcade distributor of 40 years in Nagano.

This is fascinating: https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1059920412723855360
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 14:51

It looks a great package but I'm just not interested in the material.

On what you're playing, well I'm back to nothing (I really should start Diablo) but I'm wondering if anyone picked up Civ VI as I was keen then I saw it had no multiplayer and coming the same day as Pokemon that I was less infused but reviews wise it seems rather good and the other game due to sales etc is Starlink did anyone actually pick it up?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 16:32

After finishing up The Messenger a few days ago I've started up Pool Panic & it's definitely a game of pool if you were on an acid trip, controls are a bit more fiddly than they need to be and I also wish there were some alternate camera options but it's alright.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 19:31

Saw your short review of The Messenger that I had a look on the eShop and was going to make it, my next Switch game but past due to the price.

Have just bought TWEWY for £24.85, so will be giving that a go and leaving Civ VI & Starlink for another time but still interested on your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 21:40

masofdas wrote:
Saw your short review of The Messenger that I had a look on the eShop and was going to make it, my next Switch game but past due to the price.

It's well worth spending the the 18 quid, I got 20 hours out of it which was a 100 percent run and there's a new patch that's out either today or tomorrow which is adding new game+ and a few other things. Then they are to announce something (probably dlc expansion) on December 8th at the Kinda funny games showcase.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 22:36

fronkhead wrote:

This is fascinating: https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1059920412723855360

That was a great thread - thanks for sharing! It seems like there's been tons of love put into that collection. Coupled with the heaps of ACA NEO GEO classics available, the Switch must be a dream come true for SNK fans.

masofdas wrote:
but I'm wondering if anyone picked up Civ VI as I was keen then I saw it had no multiplayer

The multiplayer isn't essential by any means for Civ. I think the single player Civ experience works perfectly for Switch as well as having an easy way to play a few turns here or there would be a godsend. Besides, I think I'm somewhat terrified of playing multiplayer Civ again after it nearly ruined some friendships back on Civ V. Laughing

We were so petty with each other that one of our games ended in us voting an AI opponent as World Leader as we were all too selfish to vote for anybody bar ourselves and that AI. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next