We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 22:25

I judge your Twitter username as being inappropriate for your post. Thumbs Down...

More seriously, I think 33h is probably pretty swift! Did you enjoy it? That's the important thing, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 9:38

Yeah definitely, it's a very good Zelda game. As I said previously though, it's definitely exhausting. The slow pace is a genuine flaw in an otherwise excellent game. Not enough to stop me seeing it through, but it will probably prevent me ever replaying it, which is unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyFri 31 May 2019 - 23:51

Give it about 10 years and you'll love it even more when you replay it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 13:22

Eh... debatable. I played through about half of it on Switch after playing it first on Wii, and even though the Switch version's objectively better (no waggle combat, options for drawing, portability) I still haven't finished it.

I'm not really playing anything at the moment to be honest: too much to do, too little time, and I'm not quite sure what I want to play. The Shovel Knight DLC for JSaB is appealing I suppose, but otherwise Cadence looks like it might be my next game. The Lady and I played a couple of levels of Yoshi in co-op. though, which was simple fun.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 15:27

That might just be me then, I don't know what clicked with me so much more second time around but it feels way up there in my favourite games now.

I'm 6 B-sides in to Celeste now, was really struggling with a section last night though which might slow down my progress.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 15:32

I'm still waiting for Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 17:23

A bit of Cuphead which I now realise is more about the boss fights with each world only having 2 run n gun levels which are really there to help you get coins to buy power ups that might help with the boss. I've also been back on Dead Cells and made some decent progress in terms of unlocking permanent upgrades that have given me new areas to explore on my runs.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 21:05

Almost at the end of Inside, I think. It's fun but sometimes the narrative makes no parping sense, and it feels like they're relying on "oh but it's your interpretation!"... still good though.

Bought Iconoclasts because it was on sale, and it's pretty fun. About an hour into it now. For a tenner, it's pretty jazzy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 21:12

The_Jaster wrote:
A bit of Cuphead which I now realise is more about the boss fights with each world only having 2 run n gun levels which are really there to help you get coins to buy power ups that might help with the boss. I've also been back on Dead Cells and made some decent progress in terms of unlocking permanent upgrades that have given me new areas to explore on my runs.

Remember Cuphead was originally just a boss rush game then got to delayed and became what it now is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 23:23

Oh I never knew that, I still think its great but I can now see why some folk quit playing it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 17:38

I did think the boss fights were the main draw of Cuphead with the run and gun levels being secondary amusements. I suppose that explains it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 9:17

Went back to Breath of the Wild the other day and after the initial confusion with the controls because I was used to playing other things I'm well back in the groove of just wondering aimlessly, discovering new things and just generally enjoying being in Hyrule. This game *chef's kiss*.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 21:51

Still the best game on Switch/of all time, even now that developers (including Nintendo) have had two years to work with the hardware.

Meanwhile I started up Lapis x Labyrinth, a relatively well-received hack-and-slash dungeon looter.  (I got the special edition despite railing against the pointlessness of special editions, but I haven't played a 'big game' in a while, it's the only way to get the cart in the West, and physical games feel like more of an 'event'.)  Having spent ages on the character select screen determining my character, it turned out it didn't matter anyway because (a) your squad of four can be swapped between at any time and your 'main character' means naff all, and (b) it's properly button-mashy.  Oftentimes I could only tell if I was playing as the Gunner or the Destroyer because of the sound effects.

Still, it's nice that you can give the blokes female voices and vice versa.  Callie the transgender vampire joins Ballie, Ally, and Sally on the hunt for 'mad lootz'.  (Do people still do the whole 'mad -z' thing?)
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2019 - 14:10

Interested in getting that, so please let us know your opinionz after you've played a bit more!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 19:50

It's pretty much delivered on its promise thus far: it's as repetitive as me talking about Meteos, but the combat feels good and chunky and the flashing lights and loot hit very specific indicators in my monkey-brain, normally the target for microtransactions but here satisfied without the money.

The whole thing feels a bit like a free-to-play game without the costing actually, and with a significant facial uplift over your average mobile offering. That sounds like an insult but it's not meant as one. It's not particularly meant as a compliment either. It's just... a comment.

Good game for short bursts, I think. It'd mix well with Okami due to its instantly gratifying nature, which of course is no help to you now so I'm not sure why I brought it up. Meh
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 14:09

Balladeer wrote:
It'd mix well with Okami due to its instantly gratifying nature, which of course is no help to you now so I'm not sure why I brought it up. Meh

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:09

After E3, I really want to get on and finish a bunch of stuff, so I can pick up the things that interest me currently and be ready for what's coming . . .

Instead I've played 35 hours on Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:30

Same but on Xbox One as about 8 new games that interest me have been added to Game Pass, then new backwards compatible and X enhanced games, updates for others

And seeing Ori 2 for instance, makes me go maybe I should play the first
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:28

I've been playing My Friend Pedro: Blood Bullets Bananas & it's great fun, it's definitely a game you could rattle through in a few hours but I'm finding myself replaying levels over and over not only to try and beat my or other people's scores but to just revisit the fun mechanics they have.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 21:10

The Lady and I got our Overcooked on again today. It's such a good co-op. game! I thought I was going to get annoyed when level unlock conditions required us to go back and get higher grades, but actually I've possibly enjoyed that even more. You really learn the patterns and how to optimise your behaviour, and become a well-oiled cooking machine. It was some really satisfying fun gaming... apart from when you drop a potato off a lorry because the game's positioning is too finicky. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 0:36

I finally beat the 200cc time trial on Toad Harbour, which was a really good, tight lap.

Balladeer wrote:
apart from when you drop a potato off a lorry because the game's positioning is too finicky. DAMN YOU!

Git gud @ fud.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 16:03

The waiting game is almost over only 31 days till Fire Emblem Three Houses
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 16:32

Why not play some other switch games in the meantime Winky Face

Currently I've just started My Friend Pedro, it's good fun
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2019 - 0:10

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Why not play some other switch games in the meantime Winky Face
Lol!

A few things have actually piqued my interest this year
Cuphead but I'm waiting for the physical version which will have the update of Xbox features and if I don't like I trade it in
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes because Suda but heard nothing but bad things
Pikuniku which I do own, just haven't got to it yet
Yoshi Crafted World, I'm not super fussed as it's another 2D platformer but if Cappa posted in the bargain thread it was £15 I would get it right away
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, The biggest game this year so far I've missed I would like but it came out sort of the wrong time plus a tad expensive
Cadence of Hyrule, Could argue this is bigger then SteamWorld but also on the expensive side and I wish it had some sort of physical edition for my Zelda collection

Of course backlog as well, just nothing has made me go I want to play this same goes for the PS4 mind you
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2019 - 1:37

Going to try and finish Sword art online hollow realization in the next day and a half so can spend all my time on Mario Maker 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next