Tom Nook's Crafted World

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Maddrell
OrangeRakoon

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 11:33

Mario Kart is inherently more intuitive, even if you don't drive. The goal is simple - "get to the end quicker than everyone else". Contrast with Smash Bros's "defeat the most opponents in the time limit by knocking them off the screen" - it's still relatively easy to comprehend, but it's not quite as obvious, and certainly less obvious when it comes to the how. Mario Kart is easy - "okay I must drive fast". Smash Bros immediately requires an explanation as to the mechanics of movement, combat and what the hell the percentage represents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
The Next Koizumi
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2020 - 14:14

For those who aren't in the GNamer Fantasy League chat, there's been an spurt in online multiplayer last night and possibly over the Corona isolation period (hopefully beyond?).  Yesterday saw the tagline bout in action, and Muss is planning to stream some Jackbox over the next couple of evenings.  Get involved if you can/want to! Smile

Also, The Lady and I polished off the last few caves of Cat Quest 2 last night, and started Tales of Vesperia. I duly got mullered several times by the first boss. Sulk My opinion may change, but right now it feels like quite an unhelpful game. Battle tutorials flash past, enemy knockback and knockback resistance are obscene, recovery is hard to come by, and the in-battle controls aren't exactly user-friendly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2020 - 2:16

Funny thing with Vesperia.  Everyone always acted like it was the best Tales game, but I've never really felt the need to play it and whenever I look into it it seems like a thorough downgrade on everything that was good in all the other Tales games I have played.

But that's just cursory impressions.  Be way more interesting to see proper ones, so keep em coming!  

Speaking of impressions, Xenoblade Update: Nopon subplot is happening yessssss!  *Does Tora dance*  

-I thought Mor Ardain was going to be meh(mehmeh!) with the plot to find Person Who Knows What To Do #3 being the primary focus, but this is sooooooo much better than that!  It's always great when the cutesey Nopon end up doing shady things!

-Battle system is getting a lot more fun now I've unlocked the ability to cancel driver arts and started cancelling auto-attacks to max art recharges.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2020 - 17:45

Totally forgot Animal Crossing was out at midnight last night - girlfriend wants to play it over voice chat, so no Jackbox shenanigans tonight. I will be able to tomorrow evening though. But yes, more multiplayer is always good Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Sheegoth
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020 - 16:12

It's been nice to see you all getting together and doing Switch-y stuff - good work everyone! I would have like to have joined in, but there's always something going on - I'm fortunate in that I'm not the only one in this house while isolating, and fortunate? that I am able to carry on work from home, but that means my eyeballs and my mental state need a rest.

Except Animal Crossing natch - I'm all over that! But usually my mum's playing; it's her island basically!
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020 - 17:47

If you do get a bit of free time you are always welcome Jimbob. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Din
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptySun 29 Mar 2020 - 14:52

I'd love to join in with the multiplayer shenanigans but I still haven't actually ordered proper home internet Laughing
Combine that with the time difference and it's pretty unlikely. I can do Animal Crossing and a spot of Jackbox with my mobile data though if I ever want up in time.

After being in a bit of a rut - I obsessed over pokemon, then both hotline Miami and plague knight failed to click with me even after good chunks of time - I'm now properly stuck into AC and Blasphemous. Not only are both games exquisite, their polar opposition to one another means they pair really well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptySun 29 Mar 2020 - 16:25

We could always do some Midday/afternoon (UK time) weekend Jackbox if people are up for it. Unfortunately quite a few folks were having issues with discord - the stream dropping - or the jackbox browser being a numpty, but it was still a good time.

One of the Jackbox 6 games was an absolute belter that would be 100% up your ally.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptySun 29 Mar 2020 - 16:34

Really only playing Animal Crossing now after finishing Florence and Panzer Dragoon.

I should get around to the two JRPG demo's that dropped during the direct especially Trails of Cold Steel III as that's less likely to be bought then Bravely Default II without prior experience.

And get some more Good Job & Murder by Numbers just fitting it all in, as Animal Crossing is the game I'm playing whilst I've got something like B99 or a Podcast on in the background. Which ACNH is about the right fit after getting my fruit, dug fossils, talked to everyone etc
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Din
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 11:17

I played the demo of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It is a beautiful game but boring as hell. Won't be buying that one . . .

Next, gonna have a bash on Disaster Report. Will it be as good as Disaster: Day of Crisis? It doesn't have the chinstrap beard, the muscles or the bad news bear . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:54

Muss wrote:

One of the Jackbox 6 games was an absolute belter that would be 100% up your ally.

Sniffy awaits.

Buskalilly wrote:
I played the demo of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It is a beautiful game but boring as hell. Won't be buying that one . . .

I can only agree with that take! I really can't see how I could put presumably 20+ hours into that game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 EmptyToday at 16:48

That feeling when you pull THAT character off a single common core crystal.  Much like paid gacha's people frequently talk about getting shafted, and I'm afraid I cannot relate.  Sorry luckless plebeians but I shall not be joining the SomSok post-game grind.  

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 Kaiba10

Downside: now I have to switch back to using Pyra for element coverage.  

Chapter 5 ending thoughts.

-Finally the villains are getting hints of motivation and Jin is becoming more than a Sephiroth clone.  Malos still sucks though, but perhaps in time even he shall have a good motive.  

-WHY CAN'T ZEKE BE THE PROTAGONIST!?  

-So it seems I might have been hasty calling blonde a tsundere.  Outside joke punchlines she's been... Rational.  

-Chairman Bana is back!  Yay!  

-Spike damage as a mechanic can go to hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30