We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 13:57

Ribbon Girl is no doubt a frontrunner. The jump mechanic makes sense but then again, the entire cast have big old ARMS to latch onto things with so I'm not sure how big of an edge having a natural extra jump is for her over other popular characters like Min Min. I'd be more inclined to give her an edge because she was a poster character and Spring Man's already an assist trophy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 11:10

Everyone in Smash has a double jump, though. Even Mario, disgustingly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 18:42

Mr. Sakurai is adorable. Love Also, definitely up for downloading some Min Min next week!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 23:00

That was a great reveal and it's good to have another female brawler added to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 8:27

YAAASSSSSS!!!

Min Min for the Win Win! Y'all can see me on my main now, motherfuckers.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 12:23

More like "there's yer din din".

Because Min Min sounds like din din

and din din is dinner

hit that like button
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 14:02

Smash that like button and don't forget to subscribe for more Cappa zingers.

I'm well chuffed to see Min Min. I was hoping for either Ribbon Girl or herself and she looks like great fun! I'm always so impressed by how Sakurai and his team manage to translate the original game's playstyle into Smash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 15:08

I think she looks fun! I know a few people wanted Twintelle and she would have been cool, but she doesn't actually fight with her arms, so I thought she might be a stretch.

I watched the livestream and, before turning the chat off, people were just screaming "SAKURAI HAS SUCH A NICE HOUSE" "DAMN HE MUST BE RICH" etc - and this was before even seeing his TV setup. It was just a nice corner with a sofa and some plants! And also he is the brains behind one of gaming's biggest series right now, I sure hope he'd have a pleasant house. Shut up internet.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 16:26

They all stretch maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 18:18

Aye, Min Min is a great pick and them attaching each arm to a button was something I totally didn't expect & a great idea! I know it might be super rare but imagine getting a KO on two folk with that move that punches in both directions? Definitely picking her up on day one.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 18:20

Buskalilly wrote:
They all stretch maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

I deserved that. +1
Back to top Go down
Duke of Ted
Chuffster
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 19:14

Interested to see how Min Min's play style enters the game. I think she's going to be great at edgeguarding.

On another note, I think Sakurai's a good presenter. When he went into the history of Fatal Fury I remember thinking it'd be great to see him present a series on the history of video games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 11:58

He very clearly has a lot of passion. It makes him a good presenter, and it's a big part of what makes Smash work as the celebration of Nintendo that it is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:57

I think the SNK presentation was particularly special because of Sakurai's personal attachment to the KoF/Fatal Fury franchise, but I definitely agree that he's been great in all of these deep dives. I think the format they've got for their character presentations is so much better than just a trailer and a gameplay snippet.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Ted
Chuffster
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 22:47

Yeah, you could tell he knew his stuff. Yeah the format just feels more in depth and I like that he walks you through the mechanics of each character to show how they work.

Out of interest, who do people main in Smash?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 0:13

Usually when some of us play we just run random every time but a few of my personal favourites are: Samus, Terry, Zelda, Ridley & Palutena.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 2:43

Peach, Jigglypuff, Bayonetta and Ike are my favourites but I also enjoy a bit of random.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 12:59

Usually just pick random, but I've forgotten what a lot of the characters are capable of so I'm usually just incompetent Laughing

I generally like to play as middleweight fast moving brawlers and Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 13:40

Duke of Ted wrote:

Out of interest, who do people main in Smash?

I usually play random if we're having GNamer Smash nights, but otherwise I'm a big fan of Captain Falcon, Sheik and Lucina.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:28

I used to play random, but now there's too much third-party filth in the roster.  Vs. CPUs I'll still play random and restart if needed - otherwise I'm a big fan of Lucas and used Ridley quite a lot.  Truth be told though, I can't really remember who I liked - it's been so long since I played Smash.  Excited to get back into it!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
More like "there's yer din din".

Because Min Min sounds like din din

and din din is dinner

hit that like button

We will never again see such comic genius as this. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 21:06

I'm a cheaty spammy spammer and use Zelda, Daisy and Ness for long way away stuff. Ideally I'd main as Banjo and Kazooie, but I've only got round to a few Smashes since they were added!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 21:11

I pretty much always choose random, unless there's a character I have a certain hankering for!

As an aside, I wish you could change the order of the fighters on the character select screen. I get that it's chronological but I can't always remember where a character is on that basis. I wish you could just have it by series, or alphabetically, or something other than the arbitrary "this is when they were first introduced" system.

But I'll probably live without it.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Ted
Chuffster
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 23:13

Nice to know what other people's mains are. I main Banjo & Kazooie and Ness, and sometimes Luigi.

Jimbob wrote:
I'm a cheaty spammy spammer and use Zelda, Daisy and Ness for long way away stuff. Ideally I'd main as Banjo and Kazooie, but I've only got round to a few Smashes since they were added!

Banjo & Kazooie I think are really good. They don't really play like any other character and the fact that wonderwing has priority over every other physical move in the game is nuts!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptySun 28 Jun 2020 - 14:40

Duke of Ted wrote:
Nice to know what other people's mains are. I main Banjo & Kazooie and Ness, and sometimes Luigi.

Jimbob wrote:

Banjo & Kazooie I think are really good. They don't really play like any other character and the fact that wonderwing has priority over every other physical move in the game is nuts!

It does? Wow!

I mean, er, of course it does, I knew that Shifty .
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Duke of Ted
Chuffster
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 EmptySun 28 Jun 2020 - 23:51

Yeah, so as long as you've started the move, any physical attack will do zilch. It's nuts! Although you can shield or grab the attack (easier to grab when you've got a tether grab like Samus etc.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 27 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next