We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 19:26

Eh, that's a bit different because the main event was so Zelda-focussed, with a tiny bit of Pokémon.  Outside those, new stuff had to be announced in the Treehouse. I wouldn't expect anything new from it this time around.  (If anything new is announced I'll be delighted, natch.)

Also Ever Oasis, although it still looks good, didn't exactly blow the bloody showroom doors off or anything.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 19:31

I think we might as this year's plans are 2017 Switch games in the Spotlight and Treehouse will focus on 3DS and Switch.

Meaning if we see any new 3DS games like a Ever Oasis or possibly Nindies being shown be at the Treehouse.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:48

We are underway with the lacklustre EA, with the only announcement of any real note is ANTHEM (must be Project Dylan) from the proper Bioware in Canada. Looking forward to see more tomorrow on that and what it looks like on Scorpio as it was announced for it alongside Madden as seemingly better on Scorpio titles.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 22:55

Bioware's Pacific Rim? I'm into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 23:01

First it reminded me of Horizon Zero Dawn on how they were showing the outside and the voice over but then looked like Titanfall titans and what looked like Guardians from Destiny.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 1:43

masofdas wrote:
We are underway with the lacklustre EA, with the only announcement of any real note is ANTHEM

I'd disagree with that - that prison game looked ace!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 10:48

Yeah, I like the look of A Way Out - but I dunno if I'll get a co-op buddy to play it with! Anthem looked a bit too much like all those other sci-fi shiny armour games you people play, so I didn't get too excited about it.

Also, maybe it's good the Switch is getting a nerfed Fifa. Fueled by Ronaldo? Bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh bleugh. Press X during cutscenes to look at yourself on the screen.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 11:15

My favourite ever Ronaldo moment was in the Champion's League final when, after Mandžukić scored that amazing over-the-shoulder goal and completely showed up Ronaldo's generic shot, Ronaldo tried to copy him and bottled it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 11:22

Skimming through the headlines it looked fairly meh. Anthem could have been of interest, but alas all it did was spend half a thirty second teasing ripping off Attack on Titan narration and announce a date for the gameplay trailer. This is exactly why I don't care for E3, while I do like some spectacle (hence why I dislike Nintendo's modern approach) I also expect actual substance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 12:01

A Way Out did look good but I feel like Jimbob, I won't actually play it.

I seen GameSpot has put all the trailers of EA together and it is only 13 minutes long, that was the problem with EA the conference was like it was from 2004 or something.

I do like some of EA games like the sports but even last few years I didn't buy FIFA in-till it was cheap, Need for Speed Payback looks like Michael Bay the Racing game, Star Wars looked so much better then the last one with a actual Single Player, Free Multiplayer (I wonder what EA will do to get us to spend more money) Updates but I felt the last one the actual shooting was plain boring.

I find this with Activision and Ubisoft as well, as the games they do are all so similar and a little boring with a few gems amongst them.

ANTHEM gameplay is tonight at MS, Athrun it's not a long wait like with Kingdom Hearts III which we saw so trailer of this morning and got to wait till D23 for more info.  
Talking of MS, really excited about the conference tonight but tweeted this morning about it after having a think about what they could show and I came up with 6 exclusives but most focus on multiplayer which you know isn't my thing. I feel that the Scorpio targets likes of me who buys new tech etc but MS games don't target me, hopefully for MS their are enough people who care about the tech and multiplayer for them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 15:38

The girlfriend's hopeful for Anthem, while worrying that it'll be an MMO. But that told us nothing either way, so... Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 16:21

I'm hearing it's Destiny-like and coming Spring next year.

The price of Scorpio seems have been leaked and it's $499.99 meaning it likely be £499.99 that's £300 more then a One S and £150 more then a PS4 Pro, if true. I want MS to be competitive again but at that price I'm doubtful unless the games they show are top quality but they can be played on a £200 One S far as we know.

MS if they treat Scorpio as a new console, and basically only talk Scorpio and Anywhere from now on and don't mention the word One, have it at the end of ads etc it be in peoples minds.

For Wrestling fans it seems WWE 2K18 is coming to Switch, if true Thumbs Up! to 2K showing support of the console.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 17:44

masofdas wrote:
I'm hearing it's Destiny-like and coming Spring next year.

And if true, count me out. Destiny looks dull as dishwater to me.

I'm hoping I can buddy up with one of you lot for A Way Out - Brothers was ace and if I can share a similarly top-tier experience with a fine GNamer forumite, then I'll be chuffed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 18:13

I'm getting all my multiplat E3 news from Tired Old Hack from now on. The EA podcast told me everything I needed to know, while I did the ironing. Thumbs Up! Shame Louise won't be there for the others though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 18:33

Same, between the various podcasts I like there will be little need to do much more than hop onto youtube and check out the trailers that interest me. I'm definitely not sitting through hours and hours of guff.

On Anthem: A lot of people whose taste in games I respect were really into Destiny. I'm not going to write off the pseudo-MMO approach just yet, though it would be nice if it were tied to a game with a better story and interesting combat.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 20:48

Personally speaking my favourite way of catching E3 news is setting on the presentations podcast style and playing something else, said something else being Mario Kart 8 right now (closing in on that 10'000 point mark now!)

Shame about Anthem, I'll admit the barest of whiffs the teaser gave did mildly interest me, but if it's basically an MMO count me out. Even if the NBN makes online-centric games feasible investments I've got other online things to get obsessed with, like Overwatch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 6:01

Anthem MMO confirmed.  GF'll be gutted.

I get the impression from Scully's tweets that the MS conference was good.  Filled with games as promised.  Again, that they've got 2h-worth and Nintendo has 30m-worth, with Nintendo having a brand new machine and MS having an incremental upgrade, worries me; while several of MS' showings, I'm sure, will see 2019 release dates, it's at least nice knowing that the games will be there.

Then again, Scalebound...

EDIT: Then again (again), listening to the beginning of TOH13, the games sound not... great... and the conference sounds a bit dishonest.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 8:27

Anthem looked veryXenoblade Chronicles X to me. Also it did that fucking awful thing E3 trailers do now where the voiceover was somewhere between in-game dialogue/ roleplay and an attempt to sound like real players.

I didn't catch all of it (and haven't listened to TOH just yet, will get on that shortly) but while they spent a lot of time on games, they were mostly multiformat or indie titles. There weren't many mind-blowing exclusives. Even Crackdown didn't look all that.

There is Ooblets, though, which still looks lovely, and there was Ori andCuphead, which I'm all about. I'll definitlty play Life Is Strange and Shadow of War, sequels to two of my favourite recent games. Other than that, there's lots of shooting and sports and sequels, some of which I might dabble in but none of which I'm massively excited by.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 8:31

Also, Bethesda: also shooters, but really really good ones!
And a Skyrim I might finally get round to playing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 8:49

I've not watched Bethesda yet but will get back to it.

I can talk MS, who had a strange conference, it is possibly their best one in years with games to time ratio. Only thing is the 42 games shown (this included 20 odd in a sizzle) none were huge in terms of wanting a Xbox One.

The last two E3 press conferences, I've bought a Xbox One after them as in 2015 they showed Halo 5, then in 2016 Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Halo Wars 2 these are big games to get a console for.

This E3 they showed the most games were which include like 7 games only on Xbox One with most of the 42 games having multiplayer focus as that is the Xbox bread and butter, even in Anthem a Destiny-like coming to PS4 (hopefully a few pick it up on here) and PC is all about being a team.

I can wait for the great looking indies such as The Last Night, The Artful Escape that are timed to come to PS4 or hopefully Switch and likes of Life is Strange: Before the Strom was just a world premiere, I can go get on the same day on PS4 as Xbox One.

I said it I think I was the target audience of the £450 Xbox One X but they didn't show a single AAA game saying why to get a Xbox One in any form, it was lot's of decent thing's and yes Anthem in 4K on XBOX (get in) looks nice but it look fairly nice on Pro and where is everyone I'm going to be playing it with going to be?

The real big news was OG (canon now as Spencer called it that) Xbox games are going to be backwards compatible, it is odd that a 15 year old games is the big news but if Crimson Skies looks a bit better and they turn online back on and if they can some how add in achievements that gives the Xbox One family a even bigger library of games.

I think if you own a Xbox One then you have plenty to look forward to for the first time ages and if you care about 4k you have a option but if you don't then I don't think they didn't sell the system very well.

A Xbox One S is still the cheapest option for me for a UHD player and I was waiting to see what Xbox One X was, but now knowing that's £450 with almost zero games I want to play that I can't get elsewhere or wait for, then I may as well get a One S.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 9:41

Devolver digital you are beautiful bastards.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 10:05

They were funny
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 10:15

I've heard mixed things about the Devolver thing. Hopefully someone will out a highlights reel on youtube I can check out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 10:30

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've heard mixed things about the Devolver thing. Hopefully someone will out a highlights reel on youtube I can check out.

Less then 15mins anyway
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Jun 2017 - 10:31

Oh, I'll check that out then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next