Splatoon... Splatoon... SPLATOOOOON

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 13:07

I would think Balla adds a bunch more here, even though he seems down on the soundtrack

Title Screen

Moebius

Crying or Very sad

N and M, I think

End Credits, which does mix in other tracks
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 20:53

I can't listen to any but the first two at the mo, but knowing you you'll have stolen the best numbers anyway. DAMN YOU! The first piece is just another Xenoblade intro screen piece (only X has really impressed me there), but the second is possibly the best I've heard so far. Having said that, here's a casual video of the very first area from XC2. It's better than anything in XC3, and it wouldn't make my top five from 2, possibly not even my top ten.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptySat 20 Aug 2022 - 11:15

Let me know when you come back what you think of the rest and if you did find any good tunes like that one in XC2 from XC3.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 11:14

See that is exactly the sort of music that makes me want to play this game about an idiot child being an idiot. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 20:01

The exercise song before breakfast is the best but couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 21:14

I can now listen to Xenoblade 3 music freely, and oh look Mas has picked 4 cut-scene tunes. Razz I'll give you Where We Belong because absolute tears, I'll give you A Step Away because absolute tears and also f**k you N, I don't remember Tragedy On Loop at all and it can stay that way, and honestly I didn't pay much attention to the credits.  I was too busy recovering!

Going back to the more general non-cut-scene music, I do like it less than the other two games, but I'll admit that it's perfectly fitting.  Compare and contrast the opening area of XC2, where you play a carefree young explorer who's loving life; with the opening area of XC3, a blasted plain after eternal wars and death, and with the ticking of the Flame Clock in the background.  Which is more memorable?  Which one are you going to hum?  Obviously Argentum.  But Argentum wouldn't work for 3.  3's soundtrack also has a lot of flute in: obviously not the most roaringly triumphant choice of instrument, but thematically appropriate beyond a doubt.  See the initial battle theme.  ("I'M THE GIRL WITH THE GALL.")

My top pick is actually a pair of tunes from a town that borders on the optional in the late game.  Ignore the name: this is Fort O'Virbus, and out of nowhere it introduces a pair of great tunes.  I love the little plinky-plonk effects and the growing violins in the day theme, but if you ever remember to change the time to night upon fast-travelling (I barely ever did) you'll hear an absolute thing of beauty.

It's not the only late-game night track with a castle in its name that's a low-key banger.  This is beautiful.  Give those voices all of the money.

It wouldn't be a Xenoblade without picking a battle theme.  The best one's in postgame frankly, and there are some properly emotional boss picks, but here's a lovely one you might hardly ever hear.  None of it matters anyway, because you'll just be getting into your groove when WHAM

And finally, the actual best cut-scene pick, context aside because I don't want to cry again.

No doubt the page is already chugging like a Wetherspoons regular at 9am.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 2 Sep 2022 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 21:55

You counting Moebius or the End credits as a cutscene? Also of course picked the others as you say because absolute tears.

I do like that Agnus Castle one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 22:00

End credits!  I've already commented on your top two. Moebius might still be the best pre-post-game battle theme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 38 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38