We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 21:39

That sounds like a Mas pick
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 13:43

Triangle Strategy OST is an odd one as it does feel like something just in the background of battles, choices etc yet when listing to what I can find on YouTube it is better than I thought.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 21:52

The folks behind Octopath ought to be delivering another banging soundtrack to be honest, and that first piece certainly delivers. The second doesn't, oddly - gets too wrapped up in its own changing harmonies to put out a decent melody. Back to a banger on the third one. Dat flute.

Meanwhile I've been 'enjoying' this, er, 'great piece'...

And this one that's actually pretty good, in small doses. Just not over 15 minutes. Don't do that.

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 12:51

The MK8D DLC, for all its faults, has given us the best version of this absolute banger:

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 19:47

Memoir Blue has a lot of stuff like this

The banger from Kirby
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 20:17

(Mas game klaxon sounds)

(it sounds like somebody crooning to sad guitar during a cut-scene)

That Kirby theme is good, but there are more memorable ones (if not better ones) during actual gameplay. I'll be coming back to that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2022 - 21:28

Balladeer wrote:
(Mas game klaxon sounds)

(it sounds like somebody crooning to sad guitar during a cut-scene)

Ohh yeah about that
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 11:58

It wasn't just Yoko Taro behind VoC but the man with the music Keiichi Okabe

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 21:54

I can't say I found much of VoC1's soundtrack worthy of note, and that seems to carry over to VoC2.  There's a lot of 'cosy' acoustic guitar that I ended up finding quite forgettable.  I do quite like the version of the main theme that plays between chapters: I'd imagine you would too, Mas.

Balladeer wrote:
That Kirby theme is good, but there are more memorable ones (if not better ones) during actual gameplay. I'll be coming back to that.

...I actually didn't find a lot of the Kirby soundtrack that memorable. Shifty

- The best one is the very first level theme. It felt almost Cascade Kingdom-like, promising true wonder. A little disappointing that the rest of the music didn't keep up to the same standard, honestly...
- This from the third world has a JRPG-esque vibe to it.
- This from the fifth world does a bit too. Big 'riding through the frontier to rescue a maiden' vibes to it.
- I'm mostly giving the final boss theme props because of its title. Belter.

So yep, there are some decent tunes in there. For some reason they just didn't register with me like they have in previous Kirby games. Still, there's no Moonstruck Blossom or Outer Rings in there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 12:44

Yeah do like that VoC tune
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 19:11

If you enjoy the Skerries tune from Blast Corps...

...then you'll probably enjoy the boss music from Donkey Kong Land.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 22:16

Cheeky beggars!  Good spot Cappa, or whoever spotted it for you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyMon 2 May 2022 - 19:25

From 13S a game which I'm surprised so many tracks on the OST as didn't notice that many of them

The Menu Theme

Idol

Big Battle

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 21:09

I know this should maybe go in the youtube vids thread but I reckon it'll get more attention here.

-----

I found this acapella group because of the Champions league theme.

CL theme:

Anyway they done some Nintendo covers too and they are just stunning.

Legend of Zelda: BotW medley :

And last but not least.....

Super smash bros brawl theme:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyMon 23 May 2022 - 20:24

Where's Moyles when you need to horrify him?  That Smash one is pretty damn good.  

I too haven't noticed any of 13 Sentinels' tracks really.  As a result I've missed that absolute madcap cracker of a menu theme. Thumbs Up! I'll listen to the others properly when I'm further into the game, but for sure I'll be leaving it on the start screen when I next fire it up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 2:07

Oh! I've seen these guys a couple of times, they show up in my youtube recommendations.

I'll be hearing plenty of that first song next year!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 8:32

Buska wrote:
I'll be hearing plenty of that first song next year!

Me too! It' so good not having to worry about having to get through the qualifying rounds.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 8:59

Which Spurs will need to do once.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 10:37

Spurs are winning the Champions League, England are winning the World Cup, Nagano Parceiro are going up and Luke is winning the Mario Strikers league.

Always believe!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 20:33

I'm playing through Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition at the moment. You all know the selection of belting pieces that game has, but I've just reached this point, in the latter half of the game. An under-the-radar belter if you give it a moment to get going.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 18:46

Some Tracks from Behind the Frame

Theme/Credits

I like Sunken, Memories of Colors, Beyond the Frame

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2022 - 15:31

Balladeer wrote:
Where's Moyles when you need to horrify him?  That Smash one is pretty damn good.  

I have been summoned to say: No

Balladeer wrote:
The folks behind Octopath ought to be delivering another banging soundtrack to be honest, and that first piece certainly delivers.  The second doesn't, oddly - gets too wrapped up in its own changing harmonies to put out a decent melody.  Back to a banger on the third one.  Dat flute.

Meanwhile I've been 'enjoying' this, er, 'great piece'...

And this one that's actually pretty good, in small doses.  Just not over 15 minutes.  Don't do that.

I actually like the first track. Laughing
Fits the Monokubs to a T.

But yes, Scrum Debate is a through and through banger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 10 Jun 2022 - 20:22

JayMoyles wrote:
I have been summoned to say:  No

Twisted Evil

JayMoyles wrote:
I actually like the first track. Laughing
Fits the Monokubs to a T.

Yes, it does. It's rubbish and so are they. Winky Face

'The Colour You Love Most' is absolute peak Mas. The other pieces from that are actually pretty good! Can see them forming a nice little 'relax to this videogame music' collection. Memories of Colours was my fave out of the collection.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 18:04

Glad you liked some of it Balla, anyway

Opening

Ghostface

Credits with Mega Ran
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 EmptyWed 27 Jul 2022 - 21:37

Just a buffet of tunes from games that came out (on Switch) recently that I've been playing and enjoying recently.

As it turns out, Mas has already hoovered up the top picks from 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Mad Brat Overflow in particular has been doing the rounds in my head repeatedly.  Still, the final battle's multi-stage theme stands out among the rest.  If you listen to no other bit, listen to some of Mas' picks and then 4:06 of mine.

ElecHead has a pretty jamming soundtrack.  I could have picked plenty of hits: Area 5&6 is surprisingly chill and nice, Return Trip is probably the best pick if you listen to the soundtrack in order, and I'm now sad we never got to play 7&8.  Mini-Game, though, is the most evocative of ElecHead's main influence, Mega Man.  It's simply a rocking tune!  Albeit short.

I... don't really like Neon White's music.  It's just not my genre.  Solitary Grace, the theme of going 'AH GOD NO' as you plummet past the place you were meant to use your next item (one of many), is the closest to one that does something for me.  I wanted to subject you to the digitised 'Heaven is a trip' that I heard one too many times in world 8 I think, but unfortunately the track doesn't seem to be working. Aww! It's at 1:38 if it'll play for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next