Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)

Go down 
+8
Muss
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 4:55

Nah it was fine especially in 4v4 aka chaos games where it's near impossible not to bump your team mates plus you never want to be like the people who take RL super serious.

WHAT A SAVE!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 7:39

Please tell me that I wasn't the only one who spotted that we were playing against a guy called Sir John Spinach Tagliatelle?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 7:51

Haha nope, Jay pointed that out to me over skype and you usually do see some great names from the PC players.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 21:25

Good wee session, that. I was saying to Jas that it's not a game I can play for extended periods of time, but an hour here or there does the job nicely.

Gutted that the chaotic powerup mode is only available in 3v3 as that's easily been my favourite part of this game so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 5:53

Will have to try and get a group of 6 for that mode and play private games, the "friendly" competition make it more fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 5:59

Yeah, I was saying to Jay that we should make RL a regular GNamer thing on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:09

And bring back Mario Kart Sunday's whilst we're at it. Bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:22

Treesmurf wrote:
And bring back Mario Kart Sunday's whilst we're at it. Bounce

That or Splatoon, mainly as I don't own or plan to own RL.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:42

Well, you're missing out on some rocket-powered fun with the crew then!

Aye, well up for a 6 man GNamer exclusive power up mode session. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 20:32

I'll try and pay attention to this next time, in case you need another person to fill a space. I've actually played it a bit now!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 10:51

I'd be up for more Rocket League too Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 17:50

The Spring fever event is here.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/spring-fever-hits-rocket-league-on-march-19/

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 Anigif_enhanced-2299-1426273174-20
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 22:25

The_Jaster wrote:
The Spring fever event is here.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/spring-fever-hits-rocket-league-on-march-19/

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 Anigif_enhanced-2299-1426273174-20

It's shit mate, game as service innit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 0:53

masofdas wrote:
game as service innit.

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 8:40

It's a joke from the SMASH chat, that it's bad as it's a service based game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 10:20

I know. Nonetheless, I need to ask:
masofdas wrote:
a service based game.
What do you mean? You've yet to make that clear, anywhere.

Quote :
It's a joke
Debatable.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 10:30

I'm guessing you're pulling my leg.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 12:10

Not entirely. I've seen you use games as a service to mean so many games that are all really different. I want to know what you mean in the context of Rocket League. It was a paid game that provides lots of free content and doesn't really demand players spend much. It services me, like a Bridgewater girl after half a WKD rather than servicing me like the only mechanic in town the week before his holiday.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 12:17

I think that is the problem with the term and what BAFTA have called their award is evolving game and I think game awards had one called something like continuous game.

To me as someone who doesn't play Rocket League that is how I view the game from the outside with event's like the one Jas posted, new modes (I had basketball added, right) and new gear. Which to me applies to a lot of games be it Rocket League, ARMS, Overwatch, PUBG or whatever they're all game that evolve.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 17:14

That's the thing though every game has dlc or updates these days but that doesn't mean they're a service & no one said in the Smash thread they were all bad so your "joke" is way off the mark and not really needed.

Anyhow I'm off to play some RL because I like smashing a car with a Happy Penguin hat into a big metal ball, god bless. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 18:28

Of course but I would say that Rocket League is a service based game to a tee but lot does have elements of it and we know MS want all their games to be a service and I'm pretty Ubisoft brought it up in their financials that I can see almost everything having it some way but some more than others.

I was copying the Monster Hunter joke, I peaked this year with my alone in the dark joke.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 20 Mar 2018 - 22:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 21:27

Drunkalilly wrote:
It services me, like a Bridgewater girl after half a WKD rather than servicing me like the only mechanic in town the week before his holiday.

Can't imagine a drunk Bridgewaterian's much good at fixing cars. :innocentmind:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 17:03

Games as service is such a broad term now, I guess its meaning is a multiplayer game that gradually roles out its content to keep people playing which is pretty much every multiplayer game now. Dont see it as a bad thing myself!

In other news I have bought RL on Switch so if people want to play it regularly I am certainty up for it!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 17:19

I'm getting back into it massively again so will always be up for some games. Oh I was watching my nephews on Friday night and got to test it out in handheld mode and was pleasantly surprised with how crisp it looked on the Switch's screen.

Side note: There were some arenas that made it a little tough to see what was going on at times but it shouldn't affect how you play overall.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:08

Good to hear, but I'm struggling to think of many times you'd want to play it undocked. Local multiplayer in the park I guess? Otherwise you want people gathered around a big screen or an online connection, surely.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next