Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)

Go down 
+8
Muss
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Nov 2017 - 23:04

I may not be able to play on the 14th (Dad's retirement do) but I will almost definitely get this ASAP.
I had another go at the PC version in preparation, and do seem to score as many OGs as proper... er... Gs.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 19:47

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/updated-collectors-edition-coming-november-2017/

That there link confirms that the Switch will indeed be getting a retail version, so I think I'm going to hold off for that.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 21:18

As much as I like to have a physical copy I'll probably download this just for it's ease to boot up and play.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've dabbled around mates' houses and been absolutely dreadful, so we'll have to have a few nights of just us GNamer players before we take on the world.
Well up for that, will be nice to have some friendly competition instead of being insulted by team mates for making

Also hoping there's an option to turn off cross play, don't really see the appeal of it anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 22:03

I've already played this to death on PS4, but on-the-go Rocket League that I can boot up anytime, anywhere with the two JoyCons for local multiplayer and my mobile hotspot for online multiplayer on tap is just irrestistible. I can't not download this- I'll be doing that pronto as soon as I'm in from work tomorrow. Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 22:57

I'm well up for a session of this on Sunday if there's enough of us about and planning to buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 5:54

If enough of you's are getting it & on it enough my arm could be twisted into buying a digital copy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 6:33

I'm going to delay picking it up for a few days - straight after Jas says he'd like lots of us to buy it! Embarrassed - to see the lie of the land. Thumbs Up! I know I'll get it eventually, though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2017 - 8:14

Nah, it's all good as it's looking like a good group of us are still getting it - my money situation has just changed a bit recently & I have to plan long term a wee bit more plus I really do fancy having a retail version.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 18:54

Dilemma. I do like having a collection of boxes, however I feel this one'd fit well as an eShop purchase... It hardly matters, I won't be seeing anyone for local multiplayer for a while now, and I'll struggle as ever to meet y'all online.

Am definitely picking it up though!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 19:58

I got it! I've got as far as customising the colours on my car.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 23:04

I'll be picking this up tomorrow - are we keen for a Sunday session on this, then?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 1:52

I'd be game but I always seem to be busy on Sundays for some reason so can't promise anything, would be good to get a good group going for it though. Aside from the occasional mix up of the Jump and Boost buttons this somehow feels more right on the Switch although it helps that I have an advantage over most people I face off against at the moment until they get used to it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 6:28

I can't do Sunday for at least two Sundays... but you guys go right ahead and do so. Thumbs Up!

In other news, tried to start the game yesterday for recording purposes... and failed, because it didn't accept that my Pro Controller was connected. Aww! I'm going to try again with the Joy-Con Grip; a device I haven't used in months. Wish me luck! Pale
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 9:49

I'll try and get a few games tonight, but not 100% sure that i will Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 10:16

I hope you can, boss. Thumbs Up!

In other news, I discovered this morning that what I thought was a controller issue was actually me not scrolling to the bottom of the legal bumph thing before selecting 'Accept'. Did a practice game against one computer-controlled car and, well, it's a big heap of fun. A real big heap.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 11:23

I still have to pick this up & I'll be at a wrestling show tonight anyway so I'll catch ye's next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 14:43

The_Jaster wrote:
I still have to pick this up & I'll be at a wrestling show tonight anyway so I'll catch ye's next Sunday.

Catch us on the flipside (I believe that's called the chassis?).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 19:06

It might be an idea to leave it until next Sunday then if there's so many of us otherwise engaged tonight. It gives us a week of practice, at least!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 22:01

Aye - I still haven't got back to even the training!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2017 - 22:35

So I have this now and was a tad worried upon seeing in most reviews about the visual downgrade but it honestly doesn't bother me at all as you don't notice it when the ball is zipping about the arena and you're focused on chasing it down, I did however have to turn off the weather effects as those (the rain) looked especially jaggy. Bring on the GNamer games though as playing with random folk ye can't talk to can be quite annoying at times, as they bump into you or take away a certain goal from you and the worst of of them all the rage quitter who can't take going 2 or 3 nil down in the few minutes of a match.

Still great great fun though. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 23:10

I was umming and aahing on buying this one, but yer bois Jas and Andy were wanting to play this evening and I still had a £15 voucher from my birthday (which I had earmarked for Stardew Valley, but oh well) so I bit the bullet.

Had a fun little go of it, all told! I was driving the Mario car but I don't want to be the same as everyone else so I've gone away and tried to mod myself an Optimus Prime. I've also seen that there are Fast and Furious cars, and batmobile, but I'm not going to spend money on DLC until I'm sure the game's getting more than an evening or two of play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 23:11

Yep, very much enjoyed my first sessions with this and did better than I expected, even putting away a few goals myself. Good games with the GNamer gang - looking forward to more!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 0:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
I was umming and aahing on buying this one, but yer bois Jas and Andy were wanting to play this evening and I still had a £15 voucher from my birthday (which I had earmarked for Stardew Valley, but oh well) so I bit the bullet.

Had a fun little go of it, all told! I was driving the Mario car but I don't want to be the same as everyone else so I've gone away and tried to mod myself an Optimus Prime. I've also seen that there are Fast and Furious cars, and batmobile, but I'm not going to spend money on DLC until I'm sure the game's getting more than an evening or two of play.

Aye I'll probably crack and get the Back to the future DeLorean at some point, always enjoyed using that on ps4.

JayMoyles wrote:
Yep, very much enjoyed my first sessions with this and did better than I expected, even putting away a few goals myself. Good games with the GNamer gang - looking forward to more!

Snap! if anyone is after a game just geez a shout on the old twitters or on here.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 0:57

I've already gone and bought a lot of the DLC on the PS4 and rarely use it so I'll give them a miss this time around, although more Nintendo themed cars and items would be appreciated.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 11:48

Yay! I scored a goal! By which I mean Cappa tried to score a goal and I got in the way because I'm bad at this and then he pushed me into the path of the ball and it went in the goal.
Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 Ralph-simpsons-wiggum

Seriously, that was a lot of fun. I'm terrible at it, as it causes me to have the same lack of peripheral vision as affected me with actual football. But I look forward to doing this again soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)   Rocket League (The Car's The Starman) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket League (The Car's The Starman)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next