Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: Empty
PostSubject: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 14:56

Sunny
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 18:25

*prepares to leave comfort zone in May*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:06

I always felt this was coming! It has, incidentally, chopped my dusty PS3's usefulness by a fifth at a stroke. Any chance of Ni No Kuni on Switch, Level-5?

Anyway. I'll pick this up. I don't think it'll be for me, it seems a bit grim and a bit intolerant of impatience, but the chance to confront my nemesis is too good to pass up.

Praise the Switch!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:37

ZeroJones wrote:
*prepares to leave comfort zone in May*

Excited to see what you make of it.  Smile

Balladeer wrote:

I always felt this was coming! It has, incidentally, chopped my dusty PS3's usefulness by a fifth at a stroke. Any chance of Ni No Kuni on Switch, Level-5?

Anyway. I'll pick this up. I don't think it'll be for me, it seems a bit grim and a bit intolerant of impatience, but the chance to confront my nemesis is too good to pass up.

Praise the Switch!

Definitely a game that requires patience at times but you'll be rewarded in many ways if you are, I'd also suggest not listening to the crowd that say it is hard for the sake of being hard as the game gives you all the tools to succeed.

----

Some details taken from the fextralife wiki:

The remaster will feature up to 6 player online, like Dark Souls 3.
The multiplayer now has dedicated game servers rather than p2p
The remaster includes the DLC Artorias of the Abyss

boxart:

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: Dark-souls-remastered-switch

Plus here's a nice 'ten things I want...' article from Rich Stanton.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/11/ten-things-i-want-from-dark-souls-remastered
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 22:06

Nah Jas, this is the only boxart the game needs:

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: DTRqvd6W4AAOZPq
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 22:31

Laughing

Aye seen a few of those floating about today........also this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/951481311918804992
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 20:38

I've given the Souls games a bash a few times before, that I'm not sure about giving it a go again but might be best place to start now.

However I can just play the 360 version on Xbox One and the PS4/ONE versions run at 60fps, as someone that plays Switch 99% on TV (I do play handheld but what I feel suits a handheld e.g. Sonic Mania), I think the other versions suit me better for this remaster.

I also love this bundle on PS4:
Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: 3339198-7222810554-item_

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 11:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 8:38

Oh, boy, can I go through this again? I'm genuinely waiting to see whether my "thing" is a "heart thing" before picking this up; finally beating Little and Large Ornstein and Smough gave me palpitations! I think I've played 4 From Software games over 5 years, so I could've done with a break...
A little bit nervous that the Switch version is being done separately, but yer man Stanton says the company's done a good job before.

And of course, I understand if yer mans Jones and 'Deer don't like it; it'd be hypocritical of me to go "go on! Try Dark Souls! You're an idiot for not liking it" when I won't touch Undertale with a bargepole...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 11:33

I'm mostly excited that, having not played Dark Souls back in 2011, I'll now have a chance to make it my game of the year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptySun 14 Jan 2018 - 17:58

I'm probably not going to buy this, but there's a definite value to playing a Souls game through hot of the press. Sun Broing for people on Dark Souls III was one of the most enjoyable multiplayer experiences I've ever had on a console so it's cool that fresh invasions and what have you will be infused into the Switch version, which may also have a mix of veteran and new players.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptySun 14 Jan 2018 - 18:17

I was saying to the monster mash lads that I'd love to do a sunbro (co-op) only run of this & after the opening areas this will be made much easier since they are bringing the password system from DSIII across. I also see myself getting tore right into the PvP side of things this time around, I used to be so scared of that back when I first started. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptySun 14 Jan 2018 - 18:25

I was put off by PvP because my internet connection was rubs which made me quite frustrated when I was playing. It seemed to hold up on bosses, but other players pinged around a lot. Unfortunately the WiFi in my dorm is bad too so it's off the table for me which is a real shame because it does sound like it could be quite fun.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptySun 14 Jan 2018 - 19:04

Yeh I loved it in DSIII, of course there was times I got teleport hit or backstabbed (bloody p2p set up) but my experience was mostly smooth - oh finding random fight clubs was also one of my most fun times I've had playing a game online.

Here's a random vid of me in one:

But they can turn bad. (still fun mind)

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 15:31

This was a nice, if not expected, surprise at the end of the Direct, eh?

I'm hoping to see some of the later, unfinished areas reworked but I've heard that the ports are being handled outwith from Fromsoft, so I'm not holding my breath for reworked areas. Supposedly the PS4/One ports are being handled by a proven porting studio from Poland, but the Switch port is being tackled by an unnamed studio. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 18:47

That's potentially dispiriting news there, Jay. Also - one for the Souls fans - d'you think we'll need a mandatory download for DaSR? If so, how big could we be talking?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 18:56

It was 3.4GB on STEAM but needed 8GB space free, I don't know how big the DLC is and things like better textures.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 19:35

And for those of us who don't care about better textures?

That said, I am starting to worry that I'm being spoiled. XC2 has done some things with graphics that I've have brushed over before BotW and SMO's beautiful beautiful worlds, and now I notice them. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 19:38

Well it's a remaster, so I'm guessing textures etc will be better then when it first came out. Which would likely mean bigger game in terms of GBs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 20:46

I think it's also worth mentioning that this remaster has apparently been in the works since 2016.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:03

The game will almost definitely run from the cartridge. FROM are pretty perfectionist and this is basically an old game. I can run DaS on this shitty laptop.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:13

But From aren't doing the port, though
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:27

They're going to have the final say on what gets published in their name though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:31

Hope you're right but I don't know how much say they'll have, as Namco own the IP.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:40

They'd better have some say in the process, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:58

masofdas wrote:
Hope you're right but I don't know how much say they'll have, as Namco own the IP.

A publisher and dev are a team though and I don't see why any of the former would creatively stifle the latter as it'd be bad for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next