Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 23:36

It might just be the cynic in me, but we've seen other remasters like the Batman one a few years ago which Rocksteady had nothing to with and it ran like horrendously.

I'm not saying this will, but it might or the original question the team doing the port might be bad at optimization and it's 12gb download or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 19:20

A bit of a mainly pointless article for this popped up on Nintendo life today, but at least we know blight town's frame rate issues will be better & if it's your thing jump will now be mapped to clicking in the left stick like in the later Souls games. (I never could get used to that so it remained on the button that allowed you to sprint/roll)

Anyhow it shouldn't be too long until proper footage of this starts showing up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 19:26

From the comments, it did look a biiiiiiit like that might have been the home console version only and NL getting confused, given that it talked about 60fps when the Switch version has (I think) been promised at a solid 30. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 19:29

Yeah, Switch version is 1080p 30fps and 720p 30fps on the go. Most of the footage going around is the game being played on a PS4 Pro in 4K which kinds shows of the point of the remaster as to me the point of the Switch version is that it's on the go and to me why DSII should come to the system.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 20:15

Balladeer wrote:
From the comments, it did look a biiiiiiit like that might have been the home console version only and NL getting confused, given that it talked about 60fps when the Switch version has (I think) been promised at a solid 30.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Aye the 30 fps for Switch was mentioned shortly after the game was announced, I'm fine with this since they say it's a locked 30 which if true means no dips should happen. So Blight town should still run smoother than it ever did on ps3. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:17

The original was perfectly fine in 30fps, but as Jas said it was definitely susceptible to slowdown in busier areas. Hopefully a thing of the past!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 1:55

I never minded the frame drops massively, but it will be good to see them fixed.

The_Jaster wrote:
if it's your thing jump will now be mapped to clicking in the left stick like in the later Souls games. (I never could get used to that so it remained on the button that allowed you to sprint/roll)

Hmm. In both versions I stuck with whatever the default was, so I guess I'm not worried? You have to jump, what, three times in the entire game?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 2:42

Aye it's not a big deal but it was just a potential muscle memory issue for me but after I posted that I find out in a vaatividya video that the remaster allows your to rebind all of your controls anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 10:36

It still seems like the Switch version is the one to get. Basically I'm going to get what everyone else gets and hope they play with me Sad
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 11:57

I will play Dark Souls with you, Jimford. In fact, I’m thinking of documenting my attempts to play the game on the GNamer YT channel under the banner ‘Zero Dark Souls-y’ (suggestions for better titles would be appreciated Winky Face ).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 12:25

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 I-want-you-for-a-warrior-of-sunlight-come-and-28891344

---

I've said to the mash lads that at some point I wouldn't mind doing a co-op only run with someone, obviously I wouldn't recommend this for first play through.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 14:04

ZeroJones wrote:
I will play Dark Souls with you, Jimford. In fact, I’m thinking of documenting my attempts to play the game on the GNamer YT channel under the banner ‘Zero Dark Souls-y’ (suggestions for better titles would be appreciated Winky Face ).

Dark Balls
Zero Souls
Ball-Der Knight
Praise the Simun
Ballfire Lit
Purging Jones
Zero of Astora

I'm not really on my pun game tonight, I'll have a think.
I'll tell you this though: I will never get tired of youtube series and/ or streams of first time dark souls play throughs. There's nothing quite like that first time and I'm forever trying to relive it vicariously.

On a similar note: to yourself and Balla, please try to go in knowing as little as possible and try to avoid looking anything up. The game can be esoteric but the joy is in exploration, discovery and discussing this with friends.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 14:11

I don't know if I'm going to give ago again seeing I've got Bloodborne on my PS4 to play anytime but it was what 7 years ago since I last tried the first Souls and May even though it has a lot of games coming it's mainly the likes of the retail version of Owlboy that I can see me maybe giving Souls ago again but won't be on Switch, it likely be Xbox One due that 4k 60fps on the X.

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 IpTmNc8
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:38

Drunkalilly wrote:
On a similar note: to yourself and Balla, please try to go in knowing as little as possible and try to avoid looking anything up. The game can be esoteric but the joy is in exploration, discovery and discussing this with friends.

I'll do my best, although I probably know enough already to spoil some story beats if nothing else. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 21:08

I honestly wouldn't worry about story things too much. The joy is in the getting bashed and learning to bash and not be bashed.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 15:43

Aye, don't worry about the story beats too much. The lore is fun if you want to delve into that - we should know, we did a podcast on it after all - but the trick is not looking up where to go or where to find important items. Let your wandering spirit take you where you need to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 20:53

Bit of a kick in the teeth, this. The old adage about 'a bad game delayed is eventually good' or whatever it is applies, no doubt, but to have only the Switch version pushed back - and with no announcement of why - isn't great.

I want to emphasise that I'm not too fussed about a delay, although suddenly the drought looks set to continue. I'm fussed about the utter lack of communication as to why.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 20:59

The Switch is stacked in the summer with new titles and not ports like May would have been, that I'm not sure how it will do now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 21:00

If Bandai Namco or From then makes a fuss about how it doesn't sell I will scream.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 21:23

I guess this gives me more time with Hyrule warriors then. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 21:45

Balladeer wrote:
If Bandai Namco or From then makes a fuss about how it doesn't sell I will scream.

I can certainly see it, sure to you both it and Mario Tennis are new but to most only one will be and which one would you be more likely to buy?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 22:10

Dark Souls delayed: this is what you get after Buskalilly slags off the 2D Sonics. Naughty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 20:47

masofdas wrote:
I can certainly see it, sure to you both it and Mario Tennis are new but to most only one will be and which one would you be more likely to buy?

I still believe Dark Souls will sell better out of those two. Release it after E3, though, and it's anybody's guess whether it'll sell or not.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Apr 2018 - 11:24

I'm a little gutted, was looking forward to having a portal to Lordran with me on my adventures. Guess I'll just wait a little longer.
The real shame is that I can imagine a lot of people who would have gone for Switch, but weren't massively fussed either way, going for the PS4 version instead now.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Dark Souls delayed: this is what you get after Buskalilly slags off the 2D Sonics. Naughty

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 2qHj
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Apr 2018 - 19:39

Drunkalilly wrote:
The real shame is that I can imagine a lot of people who would have gone for Switch, but weren't massively fussed either way, going for the PS4 version instead now.

This is the real kicker, isn't it? I worry it'll happen to other third-party releases that also come out on Switch, as it's likely to be more difficult to develop for. I wonder if Dark Souls might be to some extent immunised, because a big part of the buzz was 'Dark Souls on the bus' and multiplat gamers will already have played it not on the bus... I don't know either way though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next