We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Apr 2018 - 23:19

I think it'll still do a decent amount as I seen plenty folk online going for the switch version that are first time souls players, which are surely the ones you want the most eh?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 21:57

Is that Gotham Giantdad planning to terrorise the Undead Burg? Laughing

The optimistic part of me is saying they're delaying it to further optimise the game for smooth gameplay throughout and to tighten up the online experience to make sure Dark Souls will shine for what'll presumably be a fair few first-timers to the series. The cynical and jaded part of me is saying it's to tempt multiplatform gamers to double dip and to bring it closer to or even coincide with Nintendo's paid online system. I wish we knew why so I could tell Dark Jay to piss off with his miserable opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 1:55

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the optimisation is taking a little longer on Switch than the others; it is a different team, on a whole different system, with presumably quite different architecture. I wouldn't read loads into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:35

I think you're probably right boss, and that Namco Bandai/From underestimated the amount of work taken to optimise the Switch version (which has distressing repercussions for other such games). I just wish they'd tell us that's why! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:41

Balladeer wrote:
I think you're probably right boss, and that Namco Bandai/From underestimated the amount of work taken to optimise the Switch version (which has distressing repercussions for other such games). I just wish they'd tell us that's why! Sad

Bethesda have started talking about things like that, saying they'll support best they can intill technical limitations are a factor. The thing is, I've said since it was the NX if the Switch does well it will get what would have been DS, 3DS, PSP, VITA 3rd party games and all those systems got 3rd party support, which you couldn't really get elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 20:00

Aye, that's a good shout (TWEWYmix springs to mind). I guess that's the indie market these days, huh? Hence the 100 games last month, hardly any of which I remember.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 20:06

Indies, yeah will be a big thing as you think most won't need powerful hardware and if the system is selling as well as the DS or 3DS the big boys will won't to put games on it but be Bravely Third not Cyberpunk 2077 (which is likely a PS5 game).
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 17:13

Hasn't bothered me too much and I still plan to buy on the Switch, it just seems like the logical choice for multiplatform now if I'm willing to wait.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 19:50

Lads why the heck am I the first one to bring new to this place that DSSwitch is coming out on the 18th October along with the Solaire amiibo? What are the rest of y'all up to? Goodness me.

Sadly, in the intervening time Jay's feedback on my Hollow Knight feedback has made it very unlikely that I'll pick this up. It sounds like all the things I disliked about HK are even worse in DS, and some of the things I liked about HK (cute bugs!) definitely aren't in DS. So... enjoy, fellas.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:21

If it drops to £15-£20, I'd say it's worth a shout. The worst case scenario is that you hate it, trade it in and move on.

I think I put in a preorder AGES ago for the Solaire amiibo, so I hope that's still going to be fulfilled...!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:29

I had no plans to pick it up but damn what a month to come out and I saw (I think Games Asylum) post that Tesco are selling it on Xbox One for £3.50
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 2:43

I think I've gone off the idea of Dark Souls after what I've seen of it but the Amiibo still might tempt me to try it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:52

I think I might be buying this just to add to the Switch collection (need that amiibo too, natch) rather than getting it to replay.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:21

JayMoyles wrote:

I think I put in a preorder AGES ago for the Solaire amiibo, so I hope that's still going to be fulfilled...!

Got an email from Bandai Namco saying it's still being fulfilled! Sunny

There's preorders up on their site for anybody wanting a slice of that amiibo action.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:37

Balladeer wrote:
Sadly, in the intervening time Jay's feedback on my Hollow Knight feedback has made it very unlikely that I'll pick this up.  It sounds like all the things I disliked about HK are even worse in DS, and some of the things I liked about HK (cute bugs!) definitely aren't in DS.  So... enjoy, fellas.

Treesmurf wrote:
I think I've gone off the idea of Dark Souls after what I've seen of it but the Amiibo still might tempt me to try it.

The_Jaster wrote:
I think I might be buying this just to add to the Switch collection (need that amiibo too, natch) rather than getting it to replay.  

PLAY DARK SOULS YOU BLOODY WUSSES

Edit: I'm joking! I seem to think I'd definitely get it straight away, day one. But I think I'm getting some PTSD when thinking through my original play-through. It's not for everyone. However, if anyone's not sure, and wants to co-op with me as a guide... then I recommend you find a better guide
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:41

Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Sadly, in the intervening time Jay's feedback on my Hollow Knight feedback has made it very unlikely that I'll pick this up.  It sounds like all the things I disliked about HK are even worse in DS, and some of the things I liked about HK (cute bugs!) definitely aren't in DS.  So... enjoy, fellas.

Treesmurf wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:

Alternatively...

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 Maxresdefault

i'm joking too, i suppose
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:51

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Treesmurf wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:

Alternatively...

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 Maxresdefault

i'm joking too, i suppose

I'll be over here
Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 Ninja-Gaiden-video-games-38708318-500-281
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:56

Oh testicles you are Jay. I still remember that Hornet troll in the HK thread. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 22:00

That was more of an excuse to use that image than anything else! If all goes well, I'll get somebody else with that eventually. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 9:56

When I said not replay I mean I won't buy it and immediately boot it up as soon as it arrives, if a drought hits and I have nothing in the backlog I'll probably play it then.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018 - 13:18

Dark Souls Remastered is getting it's network test this weekend - in the UK, it's from 6pm until 10pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Thumbs Up!

I don't think I've ever played Dark Souls before, but because I'm a pure gaming specimen, I'll be certain to hop online this Sunday and tan all your arses at it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018 - 19:27

This'll be interesting to try as when they done the test for ps4 I wasn't a fan of the pvp as it suffered the same issues (big lag spikes which lead to impossible back stabs or parries) the original game had, this stuff should have been fixed considering how good it was in the later games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018 - 21:13

From reviews I remember reading it wasn't a great port and not a lot changed. Why I brought up in random thoughts should a game like this have two review scores like 4K films etc have as the game is still good.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 8:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018 - 23:19

I'll be unlikely to get a chance to play the Network Test during those hours unfortunately. Have fun, those that go for it though!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 16:38

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I don't think I've ever played Dark Souls before, but because I'm a pure gaming specimen, I'll be certain to hop online this Sunday and tan all your arses at it. Thumbs Up!
*hides* I'm too scared to do PvP in Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny: - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next