We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 18:32

My lack of patience is the main reason I think I'll have a terrible time of it with DS. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 19:21

I found a good way of approaching Dark Souls was to stop playing every time I reached a new bonfire. Doing this meant that I was able to get through the game without feeling too annoyed/stressed by the methodical combat - which I never really enjoyed because I prefer high-tempo action games.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 8:10

I know it's 2018, but if anyone's worried about not being able to play Dark Souls because it's "only 30fps", they need to go to Privilege Prison. In fact, if that's the real reason for the delay, I'd deliberately make Blight Town run at 4fps. And remove all the texture mapping.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 10:12

Well we know Dark Souls on Switch is only 30fps but if it drops is the issue like it does on Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 13:46

It is really annoying when a game makes your super-computer chug; because I built mine, my instant assumption is that I did something wrong that means it's going to explode. On that basis I can kind of understand why someone would get so annoyed about a game running poorly, although equally maybe spending tons of money on a toy box is a bit silly. At the same time though if I'd gone out and bought a sports car I'd still be stuck doing 20 in 20mph zones; doesn't matter how good the equipment is, stuff's hard to optimise and we live in a world that sells us ideas visually, not kinetically. I do find it very noticeable when a game drops below 30 now, but unless it's running jankier than a slowly rotating Zoetrope, which Blight Town never did, then it's all playable in the end.

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 Phenakistiscope-disque-animation-31

I love Zoetropes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 18:56

I would play a zoetrope-style game, despite the horrendous headaches it would obviously give me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 20:12

Muss wrote:
I do find it very noticeable when a game drops below 30 now, but unless it's running jankier than a slowly rotating Zoetrope, which Blight Town never did, then it's all playable in the end.

Aye same here & it was only ever parts of Blight town that dipped below that & I don't remember it causing any deaths.

I don't think it's just the fps holding this version back though as surely if it was simple as having that one problem they could have given a clearer time frame of when it'd be out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:51

Bandai Namco announced that they're giving away a SNES Dragon Ball game away with preorders for DBFZ.

That means nothing to most of you, which is fine, but I think it's quite interesting as if it's not a ported SNES game like the ACA Classics, then it could be hinting at Virtual Console being closer than we thought. At the very least, it might be showing off the Switch emulating a SNES, which is cool unto itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 19:10

Reggie has recently said that the Nintendo Online is basically the Virtual Console
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-virtual-console-successor-is-nintendo-switch-online-says-reggie-fils-aime
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 19:16

I suppose DBFZ's release date does fall close to Switch Online's launch, so that could be why Bamco are offering Super Butoden with DBFZ.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 2:04

masofdas wrote:
Reggie has recently said that the Nintendo Online is basically the Virtual Console

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 Giphy
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:11

By re-branding and adding online functionality, they get around having to answer questions about transferring previous machines' VCs over.

Clever, Nintendo. Clever. Suspect
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:30

Do you mean people transferring over their VC games or if certain systems like turbo grafx etc don't return?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:39

I don't think transfering would have been a thing anyway but now it seems to be the way of Netflix, Game Pass like that's a certainly a no no.

I can't see Turbo Grafx games on Nintendo Online, if they come it be in the same way as SEGA AGES.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:41

The_Jaster wrote:
Do you mean people transferring over their VC games or if certain systems like turbo grafx etc don't return?

Both, but primarily the first one. It was much asked for (albeit by the relatively small number of people who had Wii Us mostly).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 10:09

The architecture, and even the account system, is so different I think transferrance was unlikely from the get-go. Throw in that the Virtual Console model seems pretty outdated, with a subscription service clearly the way to go, and I think this was all pretty inevitable.

Plus, the mini consoles are printing money.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 5:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 13:32

The subscription model is clearly working well for Xbox, albeit with much more modern games being up for grabs through Game Pass. I'm sure it'll work well for Nintendo too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 18:44

Drunkalilly wrote:
Plus, the mini consoles are printing money.

Don't have anything to say about the rest of it (I suppose we'll wait and see how the new subscription-based service works once it has more than NES games in), but this is the main reason I don't like the Minis.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Jul 2018 - 12:20

I know that basically only I cared about the first three Yo-Kai Watch titles, but YKW4's step up to the Switch would seem to put Pokémon to shame.

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 Img_switch_pc

Obviously no idea whether it'll make it out West at this point.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Jul 2018 - 20:33

Ooh, pretty! I'd wait until we see the true Pokéswitch before throwing any shade, mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 12:20

I'd put money on Pokemon Gen 8 looks like Let's Go but maybe slightly better visuals as more time to get power from the Switch, as people are used to that top-down like view.

I do think YKW4 will come here as I'm sure Level-5 said they planned to bring everything west would's when talking about Inazuma Eleven.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:49

I personally think the Let's Go style is great and suits Pokemon perfectly, would be very happy with Gen 8 looking the same.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:25

I think the Let's Go! style is pretty great, and I didn't really get what people were complaining about when they said it wasn't enough of a step up.

That doesn't mean I don't think the YWK4 style isn't about 500x better, mind.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 7:54

The Yokai Watch style looks great, don't know the games well enough to say whether or not it suits the series but I'd say the Let's Go style is more suitable to Pokemon as a whole, not just Let's Go.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:53

Pokémon Sun and Moon were making steps towards being considerably more 3D, and we did have Coliseum and XD back in the day, so I could see something a little more involved than Let's Go. That being said, I don't necessarily need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 4 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next