We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2021 - 23:16

I played a level or two of that. Whenever Matt is at my place and we have time to chill after a podcast, he's too much of a boomer for modern games so we end up messing around on the NES app.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 7:54

Playable from a week today. It's been nearly fifteen years since I've played through this on Virtual Console, and I remember it being excellent. I'm not sure I've got the appetite for another massive RPG after Pokemon BDSP though.

It's riddy patter if Nintendo drip-feed N64 games one-by-one. I was expecting a bigger update before Christmas. Surely there's got to be a couple of other things announced, even Mega Drive games?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 10:13

I might play that but been saying I'll play SMTV, so lots of RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 4 Dec 2021 - 9:49

Nice, that'll do me very nicely indeed. Never played a Paper Mario before Super.

Wouldn't mind a bit of SMRPG on the SNES to go with it . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 4 Dec 2021 - 12:44

I think you should be able to get that on Wii (U) VC if you still have those to hand. Not sure what you have in Japan with you right now!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 4 Dec 2021 - 23:48

I gave my Wii U to my brother when I got my Switch.
I do have a Japanese Wii and a Wii U is in my cupboard but it is A) American and B) Supposed to be getting mailed back to its owner.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 7:05

Also Wii VC isn't around anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 12:36

masofdas wrote:
Also Wii VC isn't around anymore Sad

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2021 - 14:29

That's Paper Mario out on the N64 app today & they announced Banjo-Kazooie for January.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2021 - 16:02

A game a month, I's that because N64 library is small.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2021 - 17:30

The N64 is notoriously hard to emulate which is probably the main reason, but I honestly don't mind it being one a month as that gives you plenty time to play whatever the release is & not be overloaded with what's on offer.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2021 - 18:50

I can dig a game a month but would be nice to still get stuff from the other consoles at the same time too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 10 Dec 2021 - 18:55

True, and if we are talking expansion pack only no new Mega drive games is a bit odd.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 11 Dec 2021 - 8:29

I’m sure there was a couple of regulars here who said they’d never played Banjo-Kazooie before, and I’m jealous of those folks. I feel like I know my stuff about that late ‘90s-early ‘00s era of 3D platforming, and I think Banjo-Kazooie is the best of the lot.

I'd like a quicker rate, and get that nice stuff from other consoles too. Then again, I'm paying something like £4 a year for it, so maybe I best pipe down and not complain too much.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 11 Dec 2021 - 12:21

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Then again, I'm paying something like £4 a year for it, so maybe I best pipe down and not complain too much.

Imagine if people actually thought like this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 11 Dec 2021 - 12:44

That's what I was thinking when the Americans all doing youtube video's going $50 a year boo, guess if doing by yourself then could see it being tad meh but I would think all those moaning could setup a family pass.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 12 Dec 2021 - 19:35

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I’m sure there was a couple of regulars here who said they’d never played Banjo-Kazooie before, and I’m jealous of those folks. I feel like I know my stuff about that late ‘90s-early ‘00s era of 3D platforming, and I think Banjo-Kazooie is the best of the lot.

I've played it but never to completion as it was always just the occasional rental game, so looking forward to giving it a proper go next month.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Dec 2021 - 7:36

No Blockbuster rentals necessary here - I remember queuing outside Electronics Boutique for it on its launch day!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Dec 2021 - 9:55

I had a little go on Rare Replay a while back and I liked it but didn't love it. Maybe if I give it a little more attention my opinion will change?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 15 Dec 2021 - 20:49

I reckon so. It's the Breath of the Wild of the Dark Souls of Banjo Kazooie games!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 23:39

I think it’s hard to say. I definitely don’t think you’d dislike it, but there’s lots of aspects of Banjo-Kazooie's design that feels old nowadays. For me, it’s stayed massively enjoyable since the day I got it - I played through it again last year, and typed up a review in a retro thread where I gave it 10/10. But I get that I’m a total fanboy for 3D platformers from this era, there’s really not many that can do any wrong in my eyes.

I can see the folk who say that ‘Super Mario 64 has aged badly’ saying the same things about Banjo-Kazooie.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 Dec 2021 - 1:43

5 more Mega Drive games

Altered Beast
Toejam & Earl
Thunder Force II
Dynamite Headdy
Sword of Vermillion

Dynamite, I would say worth playing out of those.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 18:31

Altered Beast is also worth playing for 10 minutes if you've never seen it before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 23:59

Dynamite Headdy is one of the key reasons why I prefer the Mega Drive to the SNES. There's very few other games that've got Dynamite Headdy's imagination and inventiveness. For me, it's an absolute classic.

I don't mind Altered Beast, although those ten minutes that treesmurf recommends you afford it would see you through a lot of the game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 19:24

Did anyone try Vice: Project Doom on the NES on the Switch Online thing? It's not quite interesting enough to bother writing a "last retro game you blahdy blah" post, but it's certainly odd! It's kind-of Ninja Gaiden with guns; it's blatantly copied some of its best cues including post-level cutscenes and an actually banging soundtrack. But I didn't know what the fuck was going on and who anyone was. I assumed it was based on another IP, but Wikipedia says otherwise.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 15 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next