We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 9:04

This has sort of flew under the radar and anyone that would be interested has no doubt already got the game but Monster Hunter Rise is this week's game trial for anyone still unsure about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 9:28

Makes sense to have the free week, put the game on offer, just before the Monster Hunter Showcase coming up.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 14:37

I haven't invested in these here new challenges. I'm interested in the tasks, but not the reward. I don't think I've ever bought anything with any platinum points ever.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 21:54

I hate how online trials update the game and put the time remaining banner over the icon even when you own the game outright...

Seeing Rise pop up as "available to play" and it's like, yes, of course, I own it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 9:25

Jimbob wrote:
I haven't invested in these here new challenges. I'm interested in the tasks, but not the reward. I don't think I've ever bought anything with any platinum points ever.

Here's hoping they add themes as an option to use the points on, they did it with 3DS, it's mad that if I boot up my 3DS I get a Breath of the Wild theme but on the Switch I just get White. They have started adding some actual decent merchandise on the store now, the game card case and phone rings holders have felt like points well spent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 19:14

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I hate how online trials update the game and put the time remaining banner over the icon even when you own the game outright...

Seeing Rise pop up as "available to play" and it's like, yes, of course, I own it?

Yes! This! I like having my games on my Switch menu in order of last played. This is dumb.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 23:16

Balladeer wrote:
I can absolutely see Cappa getting fed up with the time system and the amount of talk in MM, but I've been wrong before.  Deeply, badly wrong.

That's actually sort of happened. I got about four hours of gameplay into Majora's Mask, but it's been a week since I last booted it up. I've been playing Super Mario 64 and F-Zero X instead - even though I've played both of those literally hundreds of times, I'll never get bored of them. Majora's Mask? A wee bit I'm sad to say.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 20:42

Called it - but in this case, wish I hadn't. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 9:38

I’ll maybe go back to Majora’s Mask at some point. The new Mega Drive games are more up my alley:

Super Fantasy Zone is a cutesy and overall great scrolling shmup that suits this service really well – it’s not been re-released a billion times already, and it’s actually worth your while. Alien Soldier has an amazing reputation as a true Mega Drive classic but I’d need to re-evaluate that one, I don’t massively enjoy it’s boss rush-ey-ness. No clue about Light Crusader, but an RPG by Treasure is surely worth a go.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 19:43

That's jolly good - but what does "for Megadrivers Custom" mean?

I've started playing Ristar again - it's sitting much better than when I tried it previously, for which I blame Sonic the Hedgehog.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 19:54

Mega Drive fans called Megadrivers in Japan
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 20:05

...but then what would you call people who are good at driving?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 20:27

Ken Block
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 22:38

Could it? Could Ristar crack into the top 500 of Jimbob's all-time list?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 17:16

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 20220311
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 19:46

Laughing The only group categories you will ever need.

Nice wee feature this even if it isn't quite on the same level as 3ds folders.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 20:47

Given the respective locations of Pumpkin Jack and What The Golf?, those folders have their names the wrong way around boss.

I've not wanted folders quite so much as many (give me menu themes instead gosh darn it), but I thought they'd be a nice addition. The way they've been implemented, though, I can't see myself ever using them. It's just several times more convenient to pick a game out of the last twelve, rather than through the folder system (which requires you to go through two more menus to get to the folders themselves). The only purpose I can see is for people who are constantly going back to older titles. It's another slightly duff aspect of a slightly duff interface.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 11:01

It's a bit weird and underbaked how they've implemented it, but "press left, press L" is a pretty quick way of getting to folders. I've made one for local multiplayer and I think that's where they will be most useful - just being able to quickly throw up a list of "here are all the games we could play, what should we pick?" when friends are over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 22:27

An all-too-rare update of the NES and SNES apps happened earlier, introducing three more games:

There seems to be a lot of surprise online around Earthworm Jim’s 2 inclusion, but I’d have bet my savings on it making its way to either the SNES or Mega Drive app someday. Interplay seem happy to license all their old stuff to anybody, they’ve shown that. Anyhoo, Earthworm Jim 2 is worth a go, although it’s the sort of game that I think you’ll make your mind up on during the first five minutes.

I think Dig Dug II is a decent little timewaster, although like with Earthworm Jim 2 I prefer its immediate prequel. I don't recall if I've even played Mappy Land before, it doesn't jog my memory. Still, it’s good to see more Namco games on these apps, there’s a rich history of stuff that could be included in the future.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 3 Apr 2022 - 10:31

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Could it? Could Ristar crack into the top 500 of Jimbob's all-time list?
Maybe... I dunno, I just did world 3 and wanted to punch a face.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
There seems to be a lot of surprise online around Earthworm Jim’s 2 inclusion, but I’d have bet my savings on it making its way to either the SNES or Mega Drive app someday. Interplay seem happy to license all their old stuff to anybody, they’ve shown that. Anyhoo, Earthworm Jim 2 is worth a go, although it’s the sort of game that I think you’ll make your mind up on during the first five minutes.
Oh yeah that was a surprise. Why not the first one? It made (slightly) more sense!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 19:33

Mario Golf seemed to get little coverage when it was re-released last week:

It’s been nearly a couple of decades since I’ve played this at length, and I’m giving it another go. I enjoyed it back in it’s day, although I definitely think this is a (uncommon) case when a GameCube sequel is better than it’s N64 prequel. I still recommend trying it for yourself though, it’s solid stuff.

What’ll get much more coverage is this latest Nintendo Switch Online rumour:

Although is it really a spoiler if everybody's reporting on it?:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 21:42

I hadn't played this before (gamecube Mario golf was my first) but aye it's good stuff once I figured out some of the controls. Needing to unlock characters by beating them over 18 holes was nice to see even if I did go two up versus Luigi then get hammered on the remaining courses. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 22:20

Can't think of many N64 games better than their N64 counterparts part from SM64.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 22:09

I ought to give Mario Golf a go, given that Mario Tennis is still my favourite sports game ever. I probably won't.

Much more intrigued by the rumour, although I'll refrain from full-on excitement until it's confirmed by a reputable sources. Several games I can think of that I'll try there if they happen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 9:47

June 24th

Snap is the last game that was announced to come to the service, that any direct after might tell us more about upcoming games for the service, GBA anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 17 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next