Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 11:35

I think I'll make a themed contribution for this post. Rearrangments both official and unnoficial.

Starting the party off we have a track we've probably all heard, Gerudo Valley from the 25th Anniversery Zelda Symphony.

Next, something most possibly haven't heard, Mario and Zelda Big Band Live's rendition of Dragon Roost Island!

Finally I'll wrap this umoving away from bands with a fan made rearrangement of a track I've posted. Pokeremixstudio's remix of Colress's battle theme

I love some of Pokeremixstudio's remixes, especially this one.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 20:59

My contribution is an entire soundtrack, available for whatever price you please. One of the greatest soundtracks in gaming.

http://grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com/album/banjo-kazooie
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 23:13

Grant Kirkhope is a fantastic man. Do you watch Game Grumps on YouTube? They did an hour long special with him that was essentially an hour long interview with various Rare games being played at the same time, pretty darn good watch if you ask me.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 7:57

My love for Grant was well documented in week 30. One of the greats of videogame music. He said he wants to do Zelda some day - I hope he gets the chance!

Athrun888 wrote:
I think I'll make a themed contribution for this post. Rearrangments both official and unnoficial.

My no-nonsense opinions in order: far too slow, pretty good, and surprisingly nice although I've never heard the original. Everybody complained at around the time of TP about how Zelda games up until SS have used MIDI: I don't see the problem when they've used it so well!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 10:14

JayMoyles wrote:
Grant Kirkhope is a fantastic man. Do you watch Game Grumps on YouTube? They did an hour long special with him that was essentially an hour long interview with various Rare games being played at the same time, pretty darn good watch if you ask me.

Cheers for that. I watched it through last night under your recommendation - that was fantastic! Genuinely pleasing to hear untold stories about some of my favourite games when I was wee. Only criticism was that it was only an hour long!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 11:13

He actually got into the Classic FM Hall of Fame this year for a track from Viva Pinata. It was quite hilarious hearing the Classic FM host trying to talk about Xbox games.

EDIT: I do realise this isn't Ninty music, but it's Grant Kirkhope so it's fitting to the discussion I suppose!

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 12:52

Indeed he is a great chap.....

Half of this post was eaten by the Grackler
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 21:42

Phillips wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Cheers for that. I watched it through last night under your recommendation - that was fantastic! Genuinely pleasing to hear untold stories about some of my favourite games when I was wee. Only criticism was that it was only an hour long!
Aw, man - I wish I had an hour free right now.. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 13:24

Balladeer's Fourth Special Edition Music Week 40: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I couldn't leave this for a normal music week. I just couldn't. Got a favourite theme? It's probably in the soundtrack in some form or other. In an attempt to narrow this down, I'm only picking games where the SSBB version is a remix, rather than a lifting of an original tune. That still doesn't make it easy, though, so it's ten instead of the usual 5. AND IT'S STILL HARD. Huge thanks to GilvaSunner for putting all of these up on Youtube.

10. Butter Building: Technically this is the second time Butter Building has featured in a Music Week. It's not my fault it's brilliant, okay?

9. Super Mario Land Underground: Big shout out to my first non-Amstrad videogame ever. I was sure Nintendo had forgotten about it, maybe due to it being overshadowed by SML2. Nope! I understand if weird Arabic-esque rock doesn't appeal to everyone, but for me it has mad nostalgia factorzzz.

8. Kid Icarus Title: Wonderfully triumphant. That's all there really is to say on the matter.

7. Mother 3 Love Theme: Although not as tear-jerking as the original (another previous Music Week choice), it's still just a little bit wonderful. And then 1:17... Aww! Just a shame it plays on the unchallenged worse course in the game. My poor eyes...

6. Super Go Go Halberd Attack!: My name. Kirby's the only franchise with two games in the list, curiously (and Frozen Hillside'd be in there too, if it wasn't a straight lift). If I didn't know better, I'd say that they'd chosen better tunes from the Kirby series than from any other - but it's not as if Sakurai has any interest in over-representing Kirby, right?

5. Fire Emblem Theme

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 Smash-gal-fire-emblem

Best Latin piece in the game. The original theme can get bent.

4. Final Destination

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 394_Final_Destination_normal

...except maybe for this remix. Dark, threatening, and perfect for a hectic battle with those goddamn hands.

3. Bramble Blast

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 Stage07_070723b-l

Now things get really tricky. I really love this piece, but not quite as much as...

2. Corneria

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 LylatCruise

...this. A brilliant update of a piece that is now well past its prime. Which, after a lot of thinking, makes my favourite piece in all Brawl...

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 243917-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-nintendo-64-screenshot

Wrong game? Does it look like I care? Yes, it's the Ocarina of Time Medley. Equal parts glorious epic rousing tune and clever nod-medley to a wonderful game from a wonderful series, I can't tell whether it's the nostalgia or the music that's making me rank this the best piece in the Brawl soundtrack.

So, I have two questions this week:
What's your favourite tune in Brawl, as always, and;
What pieces need to appear in SSB4? Or possibly 5? Let's keep it to the ones that are currently possible candidates - so, Nintendo franchises, Metal Gear, and Sonic (bleurgh).

I'll post my choices later, but for now, Normal Battle from Pokémon Conquest, brought to my attention by Silver, could do with a remix.

(Also, Laughing at the Classic FM lady saying "Viva Pinnata".)

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 21:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 14:38

I always enjoyed this track in Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 18:13

Corneria is my favourite piece from Brawl. This runs it pretty darn close, though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 11:02

Planet Colo(u)rs was my favourite F-Zero track, although the Mute City remix is pretty nice too. Hoping for the new Big Blue music next time around. Is it blasphemy that I prefer it to the classic Big Blue?

As for Pokémon tracks, I found them rather disappointing in general. The Dialga music is all right, as is Gym/Evolution, but none of them really wowed me. It doesn't help that they all but missed out the best generation for music. A remix of Mt. Pyre's outside would have made a great battle theme, as would the legendary music.

You know what would be great for SSB4, though? "Zanza", from Xenoblade. (As well as Sharla as a character. Forget Shulk, medic is best.) Or, you know, pretty much anything from the original Mario Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 11:37

\\m//

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 11:43

Really? I have that one turned down to "never playing"! Along with 25m, the F-Zero X car choice theme, and most of the modern Sonic music.

I am not very metal.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 12:23

Nah, not really. Best song on Brawl is Meta Knight's Revenge.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 20:07

Balladeer wrote:

3. Bramble Blast

I love this one because it's vastly different from the original. Well done those involved.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:34

And now something unrelated to this week: Saria's Song on euphonium!

Phillips wrote:
My contribution is an entire soundtrack, available for whatever price you please. One of the greatest soundtracks in gaming.

http://grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com/album/banjo-kazooie

Also downloading this now. I feel good about this decision.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 10:50

Double post, but it's time for a new week. Before I do that, though, here (under the spoiler) is a list of tunes that I would like to be used, either in original or remixed form, for the next SSBB. I've mentioned some before, but they're all great.

Spoiler:

That's enough for now. I'm sure I've missed out some beauties.

Balladeer's Adorable Music Week 41: Introduction, Yoshi's Story: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6eZl-EAQlI

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 YoshisStory_1

AAAAAAAWWWWWWW SO HAPPY! Don't listen to it for too long, though, or those out-of-tune Yoshi voices can grate. Just listen to it once, and smile! Sunny Then listen to Yoshi's Happy Song and smile again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 15:10

I thought the game was a bit meh (at least in comparison to its predecessor), but I'll never forget the intro music and the pop-up book visuals.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 8:20

Must admit, I never finished Yoshi's Story. I put this down to it being annoyingly difficult to collect 30 melons (especially in some of the "carry stack of blocks" minigames), my perfectionist nature, and... yes, the game being a tad meh. Cute though!

Balladeer's Next-Gen. Music Week 42: System Settings, Wii U: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6FSRXSt2Y

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 PIC-449-EN

This week's an annoying one for me. I'd like to be able to play this in sync with its brother that plays on the Game Pad, but the videos don't sync up perfectly when I try to play them both on doubling sites (like this one if anyone thinks they can make it work). DAMN YOU! Whatever, have this one. It's beautiful and soft and wintery, and almost made the faff to get the console working worthwhile. The friend list music is in a similar vein.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 15:47

Aw, did nobody like the Wii U settings music? I suppose there aren't many other Wii U system tunes to choose competition from. Anyway, this week should be a bit easier for people to join in with:

Balladeer's Not Terribly Creepy Music Week 43: Haunted Towers, Luigi's Mansion 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrPv3QIk3w0

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 Lmdmguide55

It's another outing for Mr. DAMN YOU! this week, as I am ever so slightly annoyed that no one's put the Polterpup theme up on Youtube yet. It's so adorable! But I guess it doesn't really fit the game's overall theme, so this will have to do: in my opinion, the best rendition of the main theme. Nice and tropical, only in a dark-and-scary-jungle kind of way. As for other tunes, I'm quite fond of the music from that battle against the Poltergeists. Then again, I'm a pianist myself, so maybe it's bias.

Also this music has Luigi humming in it which is great so yes.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 16:29

I'm more a fan of the friend lists music Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 16:43

They're both very relaxing, and the link to the Friend List music has the gamepad percussion included, so it has an automatic advantage. But I do like ethereal tunes - like, say, this one. Aaaaaah...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:31

Ahhh, that LM2 music reminded me of this! There was a time when I'd catch myself humming this even though I hadn't played the game in years.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:53

Quote :
. As for other tunes, I'm quite fond of the music from that battle against the Poltergeists. Then again, I'm a pianist myself, so maybe it's bias.

Nah Nintendo simply has the best piano music in gaming. PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next