We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 22:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
Oh wow, really? I'm not judging, it is a phenomenal game. I just never met anyone who said it was their favourite before.

Aye, I know later 2d Mario's (SMB3 & world) are technically better but 2 just has that certain Je ne sais quoi for me.

balla wrote:
(makes shocked face)

call that a shocked face? THIS is a shocked face.

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Tumblr_n3n1j4M0rG1saykaxo1_400
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 18:27

GNamer's Music Week 121

Exceedingly long legs week.

Oh yes. What a game this is, and now it's on the console it was born for. The imagination, the gameplay, the pacing all feels designed for a Nintendo console and the music fully deserves to be here on the internet's number one spot for nintendo tunes. [citation needed]
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Bayonetta_box_artwork

One of a kind
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Bayonetta-gameplay-trailer
An awesome opening tells you exactly what to expect from Bayonetta. Over the top, incredible action that blows anything else you've ever played right out of the water. Clinging to a shattered clock face and tumbling through the air, cartwheeling, kicking and shooting to some of the most epic music in history, you begin to understand how much of a masterpiece you're playing.

Fly me to the moon
Climax Edition
Vanilla Edition
Sinatra

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Bayonetta-screens_10-22-09
As you'll have read back in the age of The Balls Man, I loved the theme tune from The Wonderful 101, and although Bayonetta's song doesn't have that same Saturday morning superhero bombast but it has wormed its way into my head big time. A really baeutiful song, remixed into a dance-tastic tune that helps the player feel like the absolute shit in fight scenes. I can't stop singing this song. Pefection.

Let's dance, boys
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Bayonetta2
You all know how I love to dance so on top of her sarcasm, her badass kung fu and her powerful sexuality, I loved bayonetta's dancing more than anything. Seeing her strut her stuff with various of the game's enemies at the game's ending was quality and, fortunately, accompanied by a banging tune.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 18:41

It is a epic game, I'm off now for 2 day's so going to be on the second one for those two days, hope everything such as the music continues.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 18:48

I'm saving the second one to play closer to Christmas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 19:02

I want to play it before any votes on here and before I sink 100hrs+ into dragon age then the pokemons to many games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 21:41

I was whistling this tune all day Sunday, but hadn't a clue nor could remember where it was from. It's just hit me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPat71TtuLY
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 7:26

What a charming way to start the day. Grin "Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video opener", though? Shove off.

Again, not listening to Drunka's music until I've played the game. Not sure there's a bad version of "Fly Me to the Moon", though. Including the completely different Gunman Clive version.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 9:09

Yoshu's Story has a ton of really underrated tunes, it's good stuff. Actually the entire game is underrated if you ask me, but its tunes especially so. I see the game mentioned on a very rare occasion, but I almost never see its music mentioned despite how memorable its tunes were.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 9:12

My main problem with the YS soundtrack as that it's almost entirely the same tune. A lovely tune, remixed very nicely, but the same tune nonetheless. Sunshine has the same "problem" in places, but in my subjective opinion, the main SMS theme is better than the YS theme.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 9:54

The abbreviation of Yoshi's Story as "YS" has the unfortunate problem with me of sharing the name of one of Falcoms flagship franchises, Ys. Speaking of falcom, I've neglected things for too long in the other thread. . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 9:59

Good thing this is a Nintendo console thread, where that mistake would never be made. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 11:34

I honestly thought balla was just mispelling "YES" Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 12:03

YES
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 13:23

Balladeer wrote:
Good thing this is a Nintendo console thread, where that mistake would never be made. Razz

Oh on the contrary, the first two Ys games have been released numerous times over the decades, including the ds.  Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 13:59

Shows how much I know about old RPG franchises, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 21:40

GNamer's Music Week 122

Nobody Will Care This Time Next Week Week

Well, it's nearly here. Everybody knows I can't wait for Super Smash Bros for Wii U and in less than a week I'll be knocking back Ciders and knocking out Nintendo characters. And with Pokemon taking up my 3DS slot, I don't see handheld Smash getting much love. So let's see its' reign out in style with some tunes! (Admittedly, mostly just remixes of tracks from other games I like)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Smashbros_3DS-646x519

Menu
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Roster-720x405
Just your typical Smash Bros theme, but with some nice guitar layers that give it a really nice feeling. Good stuff!

Gaur Plains
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Gaur_Plains
A quality version of an all-time classic song; the only song me and the Balls Man have both given top billing for a music week. This is an incredible piece of music and it would have placed higer if it wasn't for the fact the map is a bit disappointing. It always boils down to avoiding falling down a hole rather than scrapping.

Star Wolf
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 CYdflTZ
I love the Star Wolf theme and when it pops up on the Corneria map it gets a big pop from me. Lovely stuff.

Megaman 2 Mix
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Large
A phenomenal mix from a phenomenal game with a phenomenal soundtrack. I could've used this as the one song for my Megaman week a little while back.

Gerudo Valley
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Tumblr_inline_mopjdnGN541qz4rgp
As Balla said a few weeks ago, this is a brilliant remix of a brilliant song. The combination of this music and a nice little map without too many gimmicks, this is probably my favourite 3DS level.

Next week, if I manage to put down my Gamepad, the Metroidathon can continue...

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 22:30

Great game, great timing, and a good selection of tracks.  I wouldn't have included Gaur - much though I love it, it's a straight lift, rather than being Smashified.  (Dark Pit's theme is out for the same reason.)  But the top two are right on the money.  Anyway, I'd like to make a couple of mentions myself, to complement your week, if you don't mind!  (HIDDEN COURSE SPOILERS, if anyone cares.  Nothing Sakurai hasn't already shown off on Miiverse, though.)

Full Steam Ahead!

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Spirittrain3ds01

This tune was the best thing about the much-maligned Spirit Tracks.  Now it's back and better than ever.

Try, Try Again

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Original

This is here because I really like what they've done with the relatively simple M&LDTB battle theme.  Sped it up, boosted the instrumentation, and I believe they've mixed in a bunch of other battle themes from the same game in too.  Great stuff.

Magicant/Eight Melodies

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 LLFf7Yx

And finally, this.  Is it frantic enough for a battle?  Eh, probably not.  Is it beautiful to the point of being tear-jerking?  Hell yes.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 22:34

No, don't apologise! That's the point of music weeks, after all.
Great picks. FSA would've been one of mine if it wasn't for Gerudo Valley.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 10:39

GNamer's Music Week 123

Masofdas Indie Extravaganza

So I was asked by the good chap drunka if I could stand in this week for him. As a lot of games have had their moment in the spotlight, I thought what could I do but seeing as there’s been some talk about the Wii U and its indie games as of late. It only seems fitting to look at a few of them of course normal rule applies they could be on other systems but if on a Nintendo sytem they go here, also before you ask there’s no Shovel Knight as Jay has done it in the other music thread.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects:
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 9k=

So we start with a game that you might know that I’ve been championing on here due to its mega drive roots and coming to the dreamcast. When it was released on the mega drive there was calls for the soundtrack to get released on its own which could also be used in a Mega CD to enhance the audio in the game.

Houston's Theme

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails:
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBIDrzpq9B_-n1k7supNL3J1p2DBDVYbXW585iBc9a9vFBbk3W

This like few others on here I’ve not played buy I know Jas is a fan of it and one of the few exclusive indie games on the Wii U.

Theme of Scram Kitty

Teslagrad:

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNx0G6_hM2KL2qNU_1HWmteq_60L9XS74H9unKo-Gv01UzOsqv

This is an odd one as it’s coming to retail which is unusual for an indie game, this has been praised for its soundtrack but I’ve found problems finding stuff without paying.

So here's a preview piece I found.

The Swapper:

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy4bhpXrPC_8qM9pLf3UKKQJZhPTR7jxQ5LeFsQO8JLyDxk9MT

This I will be playing in January thanks to PlayStation Plus, I was tempted to pick it up when it was first released for that system as I’ve only heard great things about it but I will wait and see if it turns out to be come January.  

Alt Theme A

Thomas Was Alone:

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Review3

This is going to make this sound like a PS4 week as I’ve just started playing this thanks to it be cross-buy and me having it previously on VITA due to PlayStation Plus. But I started playing right away as I saw a bit of talk about it from Cappa & Zero and Axis playing it that I thought I’d give it a bash and have enjoyed it so far.

Alone Again

Tengami:

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Z

To finish on a more Nintendo note with Tengami which the soundtrack was composed by David Wise whom some of you might know did the soundtracks for Donkey Kong Country’s, Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox Adventures along with a lot of NES games.

Soundtrack Medley

That's it guy's, thanks for having me and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:32

It's almost christmas time, so you know what this calls for?  The most epic sinister creepy christmas theme of all time!

Athrun's Video Game Playlist: Track 12 ~ Nemesis Ba'al Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znkBQOvDLeg

Because what better way to celebrate this time of year than with a epic theme complete with creepy children chorus and badass electric guitar? What better note to end the year on?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 9:27

Imagine Dragons jamming with Koji Kondo at the VGA last night. Beautiful stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:25

That was really great Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 23:05

I'm going to make up to Mas for not having listened to his indie tunes (yet) by posting a Sonic tune.  Gasp!  This doesn't actually appear in a Nintendo Sonic... but it's now in SSBU, and it's fabulous there.  So: Rooftop Run, Sonic Generations!

Notice how it has much less of the usual Sonic "rawk" (unlike the original Unleashed version), replacing it with gentle guitar and synth strings, and is all the better for it.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Repair work)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 10:40

Boo Balladeer

Generations is on 3DS, not sure about the tune being on it. But might make feel better that the original game isn't just on the evil other systems.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 11:21

Nah, I've done my research and that level only appears in the OF versions of the game. Seems to be a completely different game on 3DS, or at least completely different levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next