We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)

Go down 
+9
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Jimbob
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 10:26

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 Latest?cb=20110929130550

I can think of a bad sequel Devil May Cry 2 but my point was how can you possibly top the greatest game ever made.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 23:12

This forum is a safe space away from the misery of DMC2 and I don't want any more chat about that shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2019 - 12:32

Jimbob wrote:
Seeing the Smurfview above; I fear you're getting the same area to explore but with a whole new game. I'm actually a bit apprehensive - playing Skyrim soon after Oblivion did feel a bit "the same again but with more snow", but I trust Nintendo to do a good thing. And it looks like Zelda's been given dynamic animation-friendly hair Shocked

I'm not really concerned myself.  The interview doing the rounds, despite being touted as "reusing the same world", was really just Aonuma expressing interest in revisting a setting in a direct sequel.  

Some of Nintendo's most creative games were the ones that reused previous games assets.  On top of that we don't know how they plan to reuse Hyrule, given the Zelda franchises history it could range from anything.  A complete reuse with a truckload of entirely new content to offset the old.  A parallel world that requires use of the old one.  Or we could just be visiting Hyrule briefly in the first few hours (long enough to see the changes the events of the first game have caused) before being plunged into some sort of underworld for the majority of the game.  

One thing's for certain, they've produced enough top tier games over the years that I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe whatever they release will be of the utmost quality, reused assets or no.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 4:19

I get what we mean, but it's kind of funny talking about this as the "2nd" game in the series!

Balladeer wrote:
Speaking of, I'm up for doing a reprise of our joint review if you are, Drunka...
'Natch! I'll even be Zelda and let you be Link this time Grin.

JayMoyles wrote:
safe space

Cuck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 12:56

The game is gonna take place on Wuhu Island.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:33

I actually think that would be tremendous. A darker take on a world we've never guided Link around, an atmospheric tinkly variant on the Wii Sports theme... and of course the return of motion-controlled swordplay. Very Happy

Athrun888 wrote:
One thing's for certain, they've produced enough top tier games over the years that I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe whatever they release will be of the utmost quality, reused assets or no.

Everything else aside, I think we all agree with this.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 21:13

Treesmurf wrote:
The game is gonna take place on Wuhu Island.

The trailer we just seen was a massive Spaceworld 2000 swerve and the game will come out looking like this:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 DeM8MZcWsAAELQ0
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 22:47

There's worse things a game can do than take inspiration from Nintendo Land.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2019 - 20:53

Nintendo are looking for BotW2 dungeon designers. This suggests two things: it's extremely unlikely to see the light of day next year, and we're likely to get something approaching 'proper dungeons' this time around.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:38

Yeah, I think that rules out a late 2020 release as I'd boldly hoped for. But, exciting news nonetheless! I think "proper" dungeons were one of the most common complaints for those that didn't enjoy BotW as much as most, so a bigger emphasis on dungeons should make those folks happy.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:32

I don't think those people will ever be happy. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:34

Yeah I want another retelling of Ocarina of Time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:43

I enjoyed BotW a heck of a lot and would still love proper dungeons in a sequel. I might have said something like that in the OP, indeed! Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 11:19

Had a thought about this in relation to Mario as it seems Nintendo is going to go big on Mario's 35th anniversary and likely what is going to be year-end stuff.

That to me BotW2 coming this year would take the shine away from Mario as you'd think a new game & sequel to the best game ever would be the one people talking about more then remasters, also the next year is the 35th anniversary of Zelda why not do the same for Zelda as Mario.

This might be bad for Jay who has BotW2 in Fantasy Critic but to me what Nintendo is doing now with Mario but for Zelda in 2021 makes a lot of sense as you could have these partnerships with Zelda instead and I don't know could you have OoT and MM 3DHD or Skyward Sword HD for Switch as part of a 35th anniversary Zelda celebration.

The only thing that goes against this is we've had some sort of Zelda game every year for years now and Nintendo for said they want to sort of annualise it but then if we have multiple Zelda games next year then case doesn't matter missing something Zelda in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 13:45

I think that makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 19:15

Yep, people on GRcade were saying something similar about a Zeldaversary year in 2021.

All plans might be blown out of the water by COVID, of course.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2020 - 16:25

It won't be a year of Zelda celebrations, it'll just be 3 days

But Nintendo will keep resetting back to the start of the 3 days so it'll end up lasting a whole year anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020 - 11:09

Rolling Eyes

While sticking pandas on my island in New Horizons, an idea hit me for something I'd like to see in BotW2: being able to transform the landscape. I don't necessarily mean terraforming, although that would be great. I mean: being able to place statues, or bridges, or huts, or just decorations around New Dark Mirror Hyrule or wherever we're going to be exploring. For sure it would be more memory intensive, tracking changes all around Hyrule (given that the Blood Moons were necessary to refresh proceedings in the first game); but maybe it could be limited to a certain area, or a certain number of items. I like the idea of making it your own post-apocalyptic cursed world with a couple of little changes.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 20:48

Hmmm... interesting. I don't know if I'd want the same level as ACNH or [Mr Burns Voice] Death Stranding [/Mr Burns Voice], but I think I'd at least like it so that, should you make a bit positive change to an area, there's a visible transformation to it. I guess Majora's Mask sort-of did that, but it was of course - spoilers - fleeting.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 21:44

Balladeer wrote:
Rolling Eyes

While sticking pandas on my island in New Horizons, an idea hit me for something I'd like to see in BotW2: being able to transform the landscape.  I don't necessarily mean terraforming, although that would be great.  I mean: being able to place statues, or bridges, or huts, or just decorations around New Dark Mirror Hyrule or wherever we're going to be exploring.  For sure it would be more memory intensive, tracking changes all around Hyrule (given that the Blood Moons were necessary to refresh proceedings in the first game); but maybe it could be limited to a certain area, or a certain number of items.  I like the idea of making it your own post-apocalyptic cursed world with a couple of little changes.

This sounds a bit like Dark Cloud where you'd find parts of the surrounding village in a nearby dungeon and could then rearrange it as you choose.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Apr 2020 - 12:26

Except this wouldn't be procgen. Razz Aye you don't want Hyrule to go full Animal Crossing, but a bit of sprucing up the landscape would be nice. Maybe planting the odd tree too?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 17:16

A build-your-own tarrey town?

Given what Grezzo did with Ever Oasis, I can imagine that sort of "arranging buildings" being in the next 2D zelda
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:11

One of the things I loved about the original was the tangible sign of your completing the quest; after each divine beast, that enormous red beam is permanently in the sky as a reminder that you're kicking butt. Along with stuff like Tarry Town and unlocking the towers and shrines, more lasting changes in the landscape would be a very welcome thing.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 15:04

I wasn't a fan of the lasers, they were a bit vista-ruining and immersion breaking tbh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 18:48

OrangeRakoon wrote:
A build-your-own tarrey town?

Something like that! Maybe a bit wider scale. Maybe not. I'm not picky.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)   The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (not the United one a different one)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next