Nobody Does Being Stranded Among the Dead Better than Luigi

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 23:56

Treesmurf wrote:
I really dig it/10

Balladeer wrote:
Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FSdCnM

Nah, I think I've seen you do way worse ones than that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2019 - 21:17

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 H2x1_NSwitch_DisneyClassicGamesAladdinAndTheLionKing_image1600w

Done pissing about in 1994 now, as I've just finished Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King. It's a very nice retro bundle that brings together several versions of two of the most popular videogame movie tie-ins ever. Here, you've got the SNES, Mega Drive, Game Boy and Super Game Boy versions of The Lion King alongside the Mega Drive, Game Boy and Super Game Boy versions of Aladdin. The lack of Capcom's SNES Aladdin is a bit disappointing, but that's almost definitely due to a licensing problem rather than a lack of effort. 

There's no lack of effort at all: Digital Eclipse (the developer) have done an outstanding job here. As well as all the modern conveniences you'd hope for (like a rewind button, a Watch mode and all sorts of screen bollocks), they've included shiteloads of new content, rejigged content and even a lot of unseen content. They've been astoundingly generous with the volume of concept art, music, interviews and release-time video that they've brought together. There's even a "Final Cut" version of Aladdin, that fixes a lot of the bugs, collision issues and camera problems that the developers didn't have time to sort out in 1993. Above and beyond the call of duty, for sure.

The console games are regarded by many as these legitimate, timeless classics. Aladdin still holds up as being a very enjoyable and creative platformer that does the film justice. That Final Cut version makes it more balanced and fair, so it's a comfortable 8/10 for that. The Lion King though, bloody hell, it's so much worse than I remember. As nice as the art, the tunes and the animation are, it's unreasonably hard from the second stage onwards, intentionally designed so that folk didn't complete it in a weekend rental. That's utter dug meat. It needed a Final Cut version a lot more than a Aladdin, to be honest. It's a disappointing 5/10. All the handheld games, quite honestly, are meh.

All the same, I fully recommend this collection to fans of the either film and to fans of 16 bit platformers alike. I hope they do this for The Jungle Book, Hercules, Toy Story, Pinocchio, Tarzan, and the countless other Disney platformers. This first effort though, 7/10.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 21:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cheers masofdas!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2019 - 21:24

Sounds good, but I don't if you realise Cappa you've be a strike through it all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2019 - 12:35

The Emperor's New Groove had a surprisingly difficult GBC (I think) game. Aladdin's famously class, good to know that it holds up!

The_Jaster wrote:
Nah, I think I've seen you do way worse ones than that. Laughing

Like the two following that post indeed, and I am justly booed for them. Such is the way of things.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2019 - 16:57

I totally missed those. Laughing

---

Nice wee review there TCK, I had no idea it was more of collection type of thing with multiple different versions of the games so that is nice to see it isn't just a cash grab type of release. Although I know Aladdin is a cracking wee game (it was one me and my brothers just rented every so often back in the day) but I've not got much attachment to it so I don't see me picking this up.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2019 - 21:55

Ah, that Disney game collection is so tempting! Heaving said that, I've never got the Afternoon collection with Chip n Dale etc. And I second Jaster in that I don't recall anyone point out the variety of versions of things - that gives it much more value for money.
Speaking of which - and I've said it before probably - where's my open world sandbox adventure Disney's Robin Hood game?
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2019 - 9:14

There's a collection with chip and dale? What console??
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2019 - 9:19

PS4, Xbox One and PC
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2019 - 10:05

Damn, I would absolutely love that on Switch Sad
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 9:40

Link's Awakening DX
S'alright.
10/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 10:11

Aw. I know we all read Drunka’s reviews primarily for the score at the end, but I’d have liked to read a bit about your more general thoughts! Especially given that I’ve been away from LoZLA for a bit to focus on other games.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 10:55

Drunkalilly wrote:
Link's Awakening DX
S'alright.
10/10

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6