We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Irrational Gaming

Go down 
+9
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
gjones
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
Kriken
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Muss
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Irrational Gaming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irrational Gaming   Irrational Gaming - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2020 - 22:21

I tend to go the wrong way on purpose in games I'm enjoying and want to see more of. Once I'm losing interest it's straight to the end game. (Although to be fair, my sense of direction is so bad that I'm usually going he wrong way anyway)
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Irrational Gaming   Irrational Gaming - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2020 - 11:01

This is why I found Gris a little frustrating which lowered my opinion of it - it's really unclear which route is the main path and which leads to a secret, so you end up missing stuff.

It's also one of my gripes with The Impossible Lair - all those one-shot secrets that you have to either restart the level for or deliberately die immediately after to have another go at, with lots of mid-level gates to prevent backtracking - and it's not always clear where they happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Irrational Gaming   Irrational Gaming - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 10:14

That's usually the difference between good and bad game design though, isn't it? Does it prep you well enough or make you curious enough to check behind that waterfall or round the back of that house/building etc. For me that sort of stuff is why I don't often go for 100 percent completion in games unless I really enjoy a game to play through it multiple times or it's so well done that it makes sense to like in most Metroidvanias for example.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Irrational Gaming   Irrational Gaming - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 10:45

Somebody lit the Mas signal... Shifty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Irrational Gaming   Irrational Gaming - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 11:31

GRIS is going to stay in my Top 10 Switch games forever, then anyone new will see it and play it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irrational Gaming   Irrational Gaming - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Irrational Gaming
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3