We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 19:38

Be interested like always to read Evercade reviews, and what's the N64 game?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 9:52

I've been flirting with the idea of WWE 2K22 for a while, as soon as I see any kind of significant price drop I'm there I reckon. That N64 looks extremely appealing just from the cart alone, kinda makes me wanna play Game Builder Garage though.

masofdas wrote:
That's five absolute bangers there and handy May is a meh month, you can play all of those.
You are aware of how I play games right? I'll likely only play Spiderman despite already completing that in the past.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 12:33

Not as well as I should after all these years, especially now not being on PSN (Surprised because of this how well I did on the Andy specific question on GGS), did see ya play Pokémon Legends and finish that. Maybe should have said no big games like that in May, giving time for backlogs.

Is the Marvel collection just PS4 & 5? As seen Web of Shadows on PS360 now a £50+ game, also now hearing from peeps those games were good.

If just PS4 & 5, then I reckon it's these:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 PS4
Avengers PS4 &/or PS5
Deadpool PS4
Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes PS4
Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 &/or PS5
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series PS4
Iron Man VR PS4
LEGO Marvel Avengers PS4
LEGO Marvel Collection PS4, Includes the three Marvel LEGO games in one collection
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes PS4
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 PS4
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite PS4
Marvel Pinball PS4
Spider-Man PS4, also Spider-Man Remastered via Miles Morales Deluxe PS5
Spider-Man Miles Morales PS4 &/or PS5

With Marvel's Midnight Suns PS4 &/or PS5 to come this year
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 16:22

I do silly things like buy Elden Ring knowing I already had plenty to play, play about 10 hours of that and then drop it to play the PS5 version of GTA V which I've so far clocked about 70 odd hours on. Matthew Castle It's that kind of thing that stops me getting through games.

It's hardly a massive collection at the minute, currently have Spiderman & Miles Morales, both Guardians games and Avengers, need to hunt down Deadpool and Amazing Spiderman as they're two I'd actually like to play that aren't readily available like the Lego ones are. Well up for Midnight Suns too despite your slander towards it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 16:28

I still don't think MS will be good, and after how KoF scored, I should have stuck to what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 18:46

I’ll get round to typing up some more Evercade reviews for those arcade cartridges, I’ll maybe do that later in the year once I’ve sat down and played them all. This Gremlin cartridge is one of the worst for sure.

I’d advise the same treesmurf, wait for that significant price drop on WWE 2K22.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 11:29

Did see they added in the Tag belts for Men & Women in GM mode along with now having more matches to book, so if they keep updating WWE 2K22 might be worth getting.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2022 - 17:59

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Img_2051

All in the last couple of days. Nintendo Switch Sports was released today. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy might be seen as a brave and bold (or stupid) pick-up on Switch, especially after the critical arse kicking it got last year. But it's supposedly been patched to a suitable standard, and with reward points it only cost me £8 from The Game Collection. I think it's worth trying, and now's the time to do it while there's not many new releases over the next couple of months.

Theme Park was a no-brainer in the local British Heart Foundation, and Speed Racer is meant to be a really underrated arcade racer. Giving it a go at two quid 👍
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 9:51

I've played very little GTA so if that trilogy is functional now, I'd like to hear about it!

Switch Sports will be getting got, natch.

I love the film Speed Racer, so I hope the game is decent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 15:50

Is Theme Park a port of the PC game? That boxart implies it's something new entirely.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 22:11

Theme Park DS a remake of the PC game, with touch screen controls and a few other quality-of-life updates for that generation. I’ve played it before, and if I remember rightly it was faithful enough reworking that didn’t really bring much new or exciting to the table gameplay-wise.

I’ve played a few hours of Vice City: Definitive Edition so far. It’s rough and unpolished for sure, but I don’t think it’s the dog’s dinner that the writers and YouTubers were labelling it as late last year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 9:08

It has had a fair few patches since then from what I remember though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 9:28

Yep, that's the thing with most modern games now can be trashed at launch then fixed with patches or more content etc

Just you're not going to see many go back and re-review that the original stink still there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 13:22

Aye that first impression still matters which is honestly a good thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptySat 21 May 2022 - 19:35

I didn't to go to Buska parents for the Splatoon Manga but eBay, then the rest got today.
bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 FTTOwP7WUAoaGQG?format=jpg&name=medium

I’ve never seen the PS2 game before, but it is the sequel to Brave Fencer Musashi and as you can tell from the boxart the characters are designed by Tetsuya Nomura. That it might be a good random buy.

Star Wars because it's a OG Xbox game that works on the ONE/Series which I'm close to having a complete set of. Eastward talked about in the games thread, and who doesn't love some LEGO.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 2:22

Wow, that Lightyear ship is basically just the Viper from Battlestar Galactica. . .

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 28064310
Reggie's book arrived last week, been reading it. It has some nice insights and stories about his life, though overall it's not really the sort of thing I usually read; it's primarily a book about business and management, the various lessons Reggie learned. I am a manager these days though, and some of what he says I think is worth taking on board (and in life generally).

Then yesterday I went to Uniqlo to pick up some new clothes to see me through summer and I popped into the big second hand geekery superstore, where I picked up my girl and that lovely MHRise artbook. I also grabbed a map of Hisui which I thought was the big version but was actually the same one I have on my wall, and a map of the Lands Between which turned out to just be Limgrave.

I also came real close to buying a Virtual Boy but there was no price and I didn't want to ask and then chicken out lol
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2022 - 14:30

A few physical things since last post

OG Xbox:
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighters which works on ONE/XSX but don't be confused with Star Wars: Starfighter which is on OG Xbox and works on ONE/XSX but would a NTSC import
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast because it's another BC game for ONE/XSX which they're 11 (including NTSC import Starfighter) Star Wars games and I have 10 of them

I'm missing these OG Xbox Games that work on ONE/XSX, if anyone sees any of them:

3DS:
Ever Oasis, I think someone said it was good and I found for £15 which is good as now CEX etc it's £30.

WiiU:
Minecraft: Wii U Edition, umm why not

VITA:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, I now own this collection on PS3, 360 and now VITA which I wanted because VITA and then it's MGS

Switch:
AI: The Somnium Files, I said elsewhere the sequel is looking good that I want to play the first umm first and saw it for £17 physical. I do know it's like £8 on eShop at the moment along with being on Game Pass, which I'm sure Andy & Mrs Balla like it that might be worth checking out without what I have to say on it.
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, the super fancy edition as well

PS2:
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Crash of the Titans
Memory Card x2

Got those four in a charity shop for £3, the memory cards were in the cases in the cardholders, only reason I got Angel of Darkness.

PS1:
Final Fantasy VII, after the FFVII 25th Anniversary event I realized I didn't actually own this on PS1 that I bought a CIB one on eBay for £17. I've not actually got that many PS1 games, as most I would want cost a bit too much and have ports etc.

Cube:
Sonic Riders, was £30 which seeing the OG Xbox version for £10 is a tad expensive but now means got all the Sonics on Cube and now one game away from 120

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 15:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More games)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 20:46

I bought: Horizon Forbidden West for the PS4, some wood filler, and the last copy of the animated series of Terry Pratchett's Truckers on DVD from Amazon.
I received: some wood filler.

A bit pissed off as the DVD was 100% a present.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:48

Ooooooft, that's not a good deal. Who from? Any way to not use them again?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptySun 10 Jul 2022 - 9:28

It was at the delivery end I think, because it was via Amazon Prime but probably from different sources.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptySun 10 Jul 2022 - 22:42

All sorts of new buys from the last four weeks or so.

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Img_2052

There’s the new stuff.

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Img_2053

There’s a few CEX pick-ups among some other cheap retro stuff from second-hand sellers on Amazon.

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Img_2054

Worst photo ever. Anyhoo, those unstickered games all came from a hospice shop in my hometown. I originally just wanted the PSone game and it’s lovely, lovely box for 50p, but it turns out that they’ve been selling all their media as ‘8 for £1’ for a while. The rest is what I could scratch together, and it’s not bad for a quid altogether. I might give the Scooby Doo and Goldeneye games a go, and I’ve been meaning to play a Gears of War game too.

The other two were from British Heart Foundation, who happened to have about two dozen PSone games displayed in the window. They were all selling for weird and inconsistent prices – stuff like Croc and Cool Boraders 2 were selling for £2.99, whereas WCW Mayhem was £20 and Spyro The Dragon was £25. Lucky Luke seemed worth a shot at £2.50, though Primal Rage unfortunately doesn’t have the disk – they just let me have that for free.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2022 - 16:46

Latest pick ups.

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Img_2056

Shredder’s Revenge just released physically today, I’d been excitedly waiting for this and my first impressions are excellent. Same goes for the Evercade collections – especially on that Jaleco one there’s some superb stuff on there. I’m nearly done with Pocky & Rocky Reshrined, I might type up some thoughts soon.

Elsewhere, 2002 FIFA World Cup was a rare GameCube find in a charity shop for two quid. Hercules was steep by charity shop standards at a tenner, but it’s a game I’ve not seen or played in years and it’s in pretty nice condition. Spirit Camera is getting pricey, it’s already got a whiff of a game that’ll be a stupidly expensive in the future. While I paid more than I’d have liked, I think it could make for an interesting playthrough.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2022 - 19:31

Your nightmare but heaven for Balla with these pick-ups

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 FY2ogiOWAAQMW9M?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2022 - 17:58

DP

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Fa3IutBXwAAxmP8?format=jpg&name=mediumbantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Fa3IvCWWYAA6c60?format=jpg&name=medium

Demon Slayer was a week ago after getting the £5 voucher on Game Collection. FE Awakening, I picked up again since I last played it 9 years ago as I've been looking at 3DS games recently, and it's started to creep up, and I own a lot of FE games, it might even be like my second favourite Nintendo series.

The rest was from going into the City yesterday, Monkey Ball didn't work but more local CEX had one, so I swapped that over today. I also already owned LM3, which I traded back in for Angry Birds Star Wars on VITA.

Wii U stuff mostly because cheap like Your Shape was free, as I bought the rest from the pawn shop for a grand total of £30 which when you see Bayo 2 is £40 on its own on Switch seems a bargain.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 12:08

masofdas wrote:
DP
If we're talking the disk games that's impressive, but if we're talking DS/ Switch cards I could fit way more than two into any one of my orifices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 16 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next