We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:19

It's my penis.

GNNNFRRG

I can hardly words

I am excite

HOOOARGHUFF
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:41

Hell. Yes.

I've been finding myself struggling to get excited for anything coming up in gaming as of late, but this captured my attention in a big way. Improved visuals over MHGen, combat looks like it's mirroring the MHW style and then the added bonus of some tasty looking movement issues and DOG? Sold.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:44

I was pretty excited for Age of Calamity, and I'm enjoying my Marioathon and some other old stuff but . . .

This hits different.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:46

There's something about starting a MH game from scratch, tackling the new beasties and creating some sick looking armour that just gets me hyped. Bring it on!

And those new beasties - that big hippo will be a highlight, I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 17:54

I think this might be my first MonHun game.

I've said it before, but there's an extra incentive this time as I reckon this might be The Lady's sort of thing! She likes looter-shooters, and from what I can tell MonHun games seem like they're looter-...slashers? Anyway, she seems more enthusiastic about it than Hyrule Warriors 2, meaning that we'll likely pick up a pair of copies and get hunting in March - assuming it has local wireless multiplayer, which I'm hoping it will...?

Also I like anything that has a grapply movement mechanic.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:18

Jay wrote:

Hell. Yes.

I've been finding myself struggling to get excited for anything coming up in gaming as of late, but this captured my attention in a big way. Improved visuals over MHGen, combat looks like it's mirroring the MHW style and then the added bonus of some tasty looking movement issues and DOG? Sold.

I honestly feel like I've been in a spin of excitement since the announcement happened, drinking in every bit of info either from rewatching the trailer multiple times to looking at all the MH communities reactions on twitter. Legit not been this excited since probably that first big BotW trailer a good few years back.

Also to no ones surprise I'm all in and already have the deluxe digital edition pre ordered on the eShop.  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce

Balla wrote:
I think this might be my first MonHun game.

I've said it before, but there's an extra incentive this time as I reckon this might be The Lady's sort of thing! She likes looter-shooters, and from what I can tell MonHun games seem like they're looter-...slashers? Anyway, she seems more enthusiastic about it than Hyrule Warriors 2, meaning that we'll likely pick up a pair of copies and get hunting in March - assuming it has local wireless multiplayer, which I'm hoping it will...?

Also I like anything that has a grapply movement mechanic.

The loot is definitely one of the big appeals of the game as you mix and match hundreds if not thousands of different pieces to find a way you like to play. Also yeah 4 player co-op is confirmed and it'd be a massive shock if they never included local wireless for two reasons:

1. It's always been a staple of all the portable MH games.

&

2. They are going with a little tagline of "Go on a hunt wherever you want, whenever you want!" which is likely a nod to local play & maybe even another way of hunting entirely.

Also how about this for a plushie?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:27

The_Jaster wrote:
Also to no ones surprise I'm all in and already have the deluxe digital edition pre ordered on the eShop.  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce  Bounce

The loot is definitely one of the big appeals of the game as you mix and match hundreds if not thousands of different pieces to find a way you like to play. Also yeah 4 player co-op is confirmed and it'd be a massive shock if they never included local wireless for two reasons:

1. It's always been a staple of all the portable MH games.

&

2. They are going with a little tagline of "Go on a hunt wherever you want, whenever you want!" which is likely a nod to local play & maybe even another way of hunting entirely.

Also how about this for a plushie?

Afraid

That's all sounding good to me, and those who know over on GRcade (OR's in a tailspin) seem to agree with you on the local side. Who knows, maybe I'll get super-into it like the rest of you! Even if not it'll be nice to know what you're all going on about.

N'aww. Love
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:57

I've also only heard good things about playing MH games locally so I'm a wee bit jealous you get to experience that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:58

2021 meet up sorted. Everyone round to my place for some hunts.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:00

I've dabbled in MonHan games but I do often get bored because of lack of story but that doggo has me sold

Plus how I use my Switch, can see me watching a podcast or something dipping into some hunts then done

Stories 2 though Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:00

Andy wrote:

2021 meet up sorted. Everyone round to my place for some hunts.

YASS! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:11

If we have a meet-up in 2021 that isn't virtual I'll eat Jas' Drippy plushie. COVID ain't going anywhere. Aww!

Doggo does look pretty good! Might help make the general movement less ponderous, that being about the only thing I remember from my brief time spent on the 3DS game's demo.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:24

Moist
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 21:58

I've never gotten into a Monster Hunter game before, but when this started I was watching thinking "this seems like my jam" and only thought "hmm maybe it is not my jam" when I saw it was Monster Hunter. But if I thought it was my jam up until I clocked what the game was then maybe it IS my jam now?

Plus you guys are all jizzing over it and I feel like I'm missing out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 22:16

The last couple of games they have went heavy with demos before release so I'd say give that a go when it pops up. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 0:12

Local Monster Hunter is the absolute business.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 12:55

Did we ever do local multiplayer hunts at one of the meetups? I know me and Jas did on the train down on one occasion, but I can't remember doing the same at the meetup itself!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 14:58

We talked about it but I don't know if we ever got around to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 17:25

Oh yeah I do remember those hunts on the train journey down but nah we never done more after that.  

----

Also even though they always usually take a lot of influence from loads of different things for Monster designs I really like they seem to be leaning into Yokai stuff for this game.

Kappa for Tetranadon
Kasa-Obake for Aknosom
Kamaitachi for Great Izuchi
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 17:56

I reckon this might be my 4th attempt to get in to Monster Hunter, that trailer did look very good though so I've got high hopes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptySat 19 Sep 2020 - 1:04

The_Jaster wrote:
Oh yeah I do remember those hunts on the train journey down but nah we never done more after that.  
We didn't get to join any hunts but I remember Andy and I prancing when you got off the train.

Quote :
Also even though they always usually take a lot of influence from loads of different things for Monster designs I really like they seem to be leaning into Yokai stuff for this game.

Good lad! Get your research in early!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptySat 19 Sep 2020 - 12:03

It's not really been too hard when all sorts has been popping up on my twitter feed the last couple days. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 15:01

Rum wrote:
I've never gotten into a Monster Hunter game before, but when this started I was watching thinking "this seems like my jam" and only thought "hmm maybe it is not my jam" when I saw it was Monster Hunter. But if I thought it was my jam up until I clocked what the game was then maybe it IS my jam now?

Treesmurf wrote:
I reckon this might be my 4th attempt to get in to Monster Hunter, that trailer did look very good though so I've got high hopes.

We could all try it together? Then absolutely gut the Monster Mash lads when we all say we hate it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 16:15

I know how to differentiate men of taste from simpletons.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 22:35

Balladeer wrote:
Rum wrote:

Treesmurf wrote:

We could all try it together?  Then absolutely gut the Monster Mash lads when we all say we hate it.

I'll get the domain name for Monster Bash in preparation for the inevitable new number one Monster Hunter podcast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next