We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 0:56

I would genuinely love it if we had two rival podcasts going 😂😂 Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 9:36

Just seen the plush is $100 or $154 with the game, so Balla won't be getting that for Secret Santa 2021
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 12:13

It's also a Japan only exclusive anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 12:16

The_Jaster wrote:
It's also a Japan only exclusive anyway.

That doesn't matter, actually it might with what's going on and trying to ship here
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 12:24

On the other hand, I am EXTREMELY tempted.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 13:44

Well, this is a bit shit!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/monster_hunter_rise_amiibo_will_be_exclusive_to_specific_stores_in_north_america_and_europe
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 21:48

Did think that was a bit bobbins. Not as bobbins as Balla not getting a Secret Santa wolfie plushie though. Sad

Buskalilly wrote:
I would genuinely love it if we had two rival podcasts going 😂😂 Laughing Laughing

COMING SOON: Monster Bash! Listen to Mas Smurf Balla and Rum do in-depth* analysis** on your favourite monsters*** and their pros and cons****.

* Based on two hours of gameplay
** Bile-spewing
*** The ones with funny names
**** Why they're crap
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:04

Look, it can't be any worse than Mash's Giadrome episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:36

We got to see a few snippets of new stuff (at about 1:38) in a remixed trailer from TGS today.

Love this wee Tanuki thing

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 Eiw--WvU8AEh43N?format=png&name=900x900

It's also classed as a small monster not endemic life so we might have a pack leader version we can hunt. Dance

----

Lastly we get a full gameplay demo at TGS tomorrow at 1pm here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:47

I don't want to hunt that lil fella. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 23:51

Laughing I know! If there is a big version then it's definitely a capture only hunt.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:00

Oh, can you capture some of them as opposed to killing them all? I don't particularly want to murder Tom Nook's feral cousin either. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:07

I might be wrong as I'll only be the 2hrs of Monster Bash but you can use nets on some of them to capture.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:10

Definitely going for that option with lil Nuki there then.

Don't worry Mas, 2hs knowledge is more than enough to have an unshakeable opinion about something on the Internet.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:11

My current opinion is I like MonHan but not great at them and lack of story.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 14:47

You can capture any monster apart from Elder Dragons.

Its not a real tanooki without a big pair of bollocks hanging out
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 15:44

Ahh you see it isn't wire bugs at all that you are swinging about with. Cheeky

----

Very very happy with the live gameplay that was shown off today, maps look like a decent size and although they are open like MH World you have these safe spots that monsters can't go that allow you explore with the wire bug and I assume create your own shortcuts when tracking down monsters.

The UI is looking sharp and easy to read & my only real complaint is the damage numbers look a little big but that's probably done due to the hand held nature of Switch and they will likely be able to be turned off anyway. Is it March yet?

EDIT: Here's the full translated 20 minute demo.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 17:54

I kinda just assumed the testicles were being hidden in a big fur pouch on his belly. That's what it looks like!

Absolute pleasure to see y'all so hyped for this. Love It's rubbing off on me I think! Also the capture thing removes one of my big doubts about the game. Going to try my best to love this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Sep 2020 - 12:35

Balladeer wrote:
Going to try my best to love this.

Don't try too hard as I know in the past have done this got excited about a game in a series that I've not been a huge fan off, and I feel I've come away liking the game less than if I went in with no excitement.

I'm likely doing it with Demon's Souls.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2020 - 3:09

That's actually good advice from Mas. I think the best thing to do is to go in open, with little or no expectations, rather than trying to feel one way or another. Much like in romance, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2020 - 11:14

Regardless of the edition, all the MH games are social. I think it's important for the beginner to go into it with a buddy or some people to play with.

Maybe others will disagree but there was a MH game on the 3ds, (4???) that I bought and just never got into. I tried it alone though, which was part of the problem. It wasn't until World that I got to try it with the Monster Mashers, which made the whole thing make a lot more sense.

I'm told that the series keeps getting better at introducing itself for new players, but I still found that there were an awful lot of things I just never did - can't remember exactly what those things were - until I asked Jas or someone what they were doing.

I'll probably get this on day one and fail at keeping up with the Mashers again haha.

I wonder how quickly I'll pick things up. It feels like forever since I played World.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2020 - 14:50

I did the same thing with 4, lost interest fairly quickly, same with World for the same reason but I feel I played a fair bit of Tri which I did play with others so definitely seems like the way forward.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2020 - 17:19

Muss wrote:
Regardless of the edition, all the MH games are social. I think it's important for the beginner to go into it with a buddy or some people to play with.

Maybe others will disagree but there was a MH game on the 3ds, (4???) that I bought and just never got into. I tried it alone though, which was part of the problem. It wasn't until World that I got to try it with the Monster Mashers, which made the whole thing make a lot more sense.

I'm told that the series keeps getting better at introducing itself for new players, but I still found that there were an awful lot of things I just never did - can't remember exactly what those things were - until I asked Jas or someone what they were doing.

I'll probably get this on day one and fail at keeping up with the Mashers again haha.

I wonder how quickly I'll pick things up. It feels like forever since I played World.

All of this is spot on! These games can be played at so many different levels but the social one is absolutely the best and most important one, at some point in MH Tri it essentially became a virtual chat room where we some times hunted. Laughing

Also it'll be good to see your Old man muss character return and figure out all these new wire bug flips and tricks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2020 - 17:46

No way I'm trying to play this on my own! It'll be social or bust.

masofdas wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Going to try my best to love this.

Don't try too hard as I know in the past have done this got excited about a game in a series that I've not been a huge fan off, and I feel I've come away liking the game less than if I went in with no excitement.

Buskalilly wrote:
That's actually good advice from Mas. I think the best thing to do is to go in open, with little or no expectations, rather than trying to feel one way or another. Much like in romance, I guess.

I appreciate all this, but by default I'm not going in with an open mind - I've always been very bad at that (in romance too!). By default I'm going in with inherent suspicion of a franchise that isn't the sort of thing I'd not normally try out, and the one time I did (so briefly) it didn't work. If I go in with suspicion, I reckon I'm more likely to conclude, 'There you are, not my thing, told you so.' If I enter trying to love this, that's not setting an expectation because really I have none of the series: that's setting my mood at a more optimistic level, and I reckon that's more likely to pay off.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2020 - 2:55

Just get really fucking drunk and have a big online session with the lads, that should do the trick.

Hopefully a slightly smoother onboarding process and a big dose of Japanophilia should make it easier for you.

It's also worth remembering that, like Souls, Monhan is a series that a lot of people bounce off one or two times before it turns out they really love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next