Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 2:15

That boxed Sunbreak would look great if it weren't for the big ALSO INCLUDES RISE sticker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 20:55

The controller seems pretty low effort as well (same goes for the Magnamalo one I have) where it's just a simple decal design on the normal black pro controller. It'd be better if they fully themed it around the monsters colours.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 8:51

I think the best Pro Controller is still the Splatoon one - coloured grips, embossed with splashes and that, lovely.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 11:51

See I've got the Magnamalo one, and getting the new one as I like as not OTT.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 12:03

Yeah, I get it. On the other hand, I'm all about OTT!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 21:23

I want more OTT like an actual Pink and Green Pro for Splatoon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 23:40

For me it doesn't need to be OTT but if you're calling it a "special edition" then it should look pretty different to the standard version.

----

Anyhow, have we been watching the trailers for the new Sunbreak moves? What do you think are the stand outs and do they make you fancy changing whatever you main in Rise was?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptySat 21 May 2022 - 10:07

I haven't yet, but I ought to at least sit down and watch the Charge Blade one. I feel like there are half a dozen moves in the main game I wasn't even taking advantage of . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptySun 22 May 2022 - 14:08

You should definitely try out the spinning slash style of the charge blade, it takes a bit to get used to but it's so fun when you do.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyWed 25 May 2022 - 13:16

I have the Sunbreak Pro Controller ordered but I don't really love it either. I can't even really see what the design is, and it's very similar to the first MH controller. The Xenoblade and Splatoon 2 editions are way better. Even the Smash one is better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2022 - 14:53

The_Jaster wrote:

Anyhow, have we been watching the trailers for the new Sunbreak moves? What do you think are the stand outs and do they make you fancy changing whatever you main in Rise was?

The mention of an oil ability for SnS had me tempted, but Greatsword still looked like the highlight for me, so I can't see me deviating from it for Sunbreak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2022 - 20:17

GS is definitely high on the list for me as well but I want to stick to 1 or 2 for that initial Sunbreak playthrough and with the community being so down on lance returning to my first proper main weapon feels right.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 8 Jun 2022 - 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 12:50

I've got to admit, Lance looked the least interesting to me in that showcase. I think it's lacking some of the flashiness that the other weapons have received, which could just be an inherent flaw with the weapon's design.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 14:52

I think the fact they felt the need to create gunlance shows their own lack of faith in the lance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 17:16

I think I'm 5 hunts away from being at least ready for Sunbreak, not looked too much at Longsword or new Monsters in the expansion.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 20:17

JayMoyles wrote:
I've got to admit, Lance looked the least interesting to me in that showcase. I think it's lacking some of the flashiness that the other weapons have received, which could just be an inherent flaw with the weapon's design.

There's still a little hope as more moves will be in the game than those teasers showed but aye it's never been the flashy weapon, it just quietly goes about its work with consistent damage. The coolest things it has in Rise are insta-block but the timing of that is stupidly hard and has no good pay off since the follow up attack isn't good damage & then we have spiral thrust a great move for damage but just makes the weapon really repetitive.  

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I think the fact they felt the need to create gunlance shows their own lack of faith in the lance.

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 Faca54d58e1721683a22581614ca1ddd74b24d53
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 16:37

Just beat Narwa, wasn't hard (some person called T did faint once) but took awhile and most likely my longest hunt.

MonHan Rise is still easily one my favourite Switch games, and excited for Sunbreak and what that adds to what story is in Rise.

I might do a few more hunts as close to Bishaten (think name) armour set, doubt get to HR20 that wondering if hunts in Sunbreak will count towards my HR?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 17:12

Nice one. Thumbs Up! Your HR will still go up in Sunbreak but you'll also have a separate Master rank (MR) as well for those set of quests. One thing to keep in mind if you are leaving it at your current HR you'll need to remember certain high rank monster quests will unlock at HR 20, 30, 40, 50 & lastly at 100.

(side note: those quests can be joined from HR8 as long a someone with a higher HR can post them for you)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 17:18

Cool, I'll play it like do some Sunbreak stuff get to 20 then do that urgent quest then back Sunbreak etc

One of the reasons I won't play much more now because other stuff to play like The Quarry (which I'm renting), Mario Strikers then Three Hopes before Sunbreak.

And CW is keen to buy my copy, and start hunting, the quicker he gets on it quicker he gets to Sunbreak.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 11 Jun 2022 - 18:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 18:06

Yeah, I get it I've got a good chunk of games I want to beat before Sunbreak but I'll be lucky if I beat 3 of them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 9:36

I'm quite happy to have Monster Hunter on the go alongside other stuff. I still dip into Rise now and again now, Monhan is a total forever game for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 10:04

Yeah, why I should have maybe gone digital shame no digital bundle, like I've gone with Strikers as I can just dip in for a few matches or hunts in case of Rise.

Looked good last night in Capcom showcase, will give the demo a skip though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 10:06

Aye, I've jumped back into it recently as well after a few months break with Elden ring. Yesterday I was trying my hand at soloing the Apex emergency quests and they are a really good challenge, you actually have to interact/collect the spiribird buffs to stand a chance & even then I was battling away with an Apex Mizutsune for 27 minutes.

---

Oh also here's the new Sunbreak Trailer:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 12:14

Trailer:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 18:29

Also this guy....:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next