We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2021 - 10:19

I'm still telling myself I'm gonna go back to Dragon's Dogma eventually and do a more complete playthrough with the final ending, especially as a fella at work is super into it and I bought my pal a copy for Christmas.

Also, I feel I should clarify this in case any feelings were hurt: I only chose Balla as the person to call ugly in my earlier joke because he seems like the Forumite most likely to think of himself as handsome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 21:34

I wondered if that was it.  Likewise, I wouldn't have called anyone who wasn't Possibly The Most Confident Person I Know a goblin.  But yep, no offence taken: I have an irritatingly large number of insecurities, but my appearance hasn't been one of them since I had a 'teen' in my age.

Anyway!  Dragon's Dogma was meant to be half price, but I checked and it's only the NA eShop. Aww! So I'm stuck playing Bravely Default 2 (80 hours!?!?!?), which is basically this over and over again with every boss:

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 0:16

It's pretty easy to switch to the American eshop and buy stuff if you're keen, but I'm sure it'll be on sale over here eventually.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 16:04

I found myself sidetracked by the ever present demon in my life named Final Fantasy XIV, but I'll be hopping back to Bowser's Fury before next Friday to polish off to be ready to Rise and shine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 0:25

Balladeer wrote:
Bravely Default 2 (80 hours!?!?!?)

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:44

I have been enjoying it somewhat more than a dive in a urinal to be fair!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 18:25

I went back to Sonia Mania having felt like I never gave it a proper go, and having seen Cappa refer to it as one of his top Switch games. I've gotten to the final boss (well, sort of, I know there's a super secret one too, but fuck that) and I HATE IT. I don't think I'll ever actually beat it, not least because if you get a game over you have to do the whole last zone all over again and life is too short.

The Oil Ocean zone was cool, though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 20:03

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 Fc4
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 21:38

Rum wrote:
I went back to Sonia Mania having felt like I never gave it a proper go

Can't help myself:
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 17:27

Laughing The final boss of Sonia Mania is one for the ages.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 20:37

I'm playing three different games:
- Monster Hunter Rise is obviously my 'main game', but I do find it stressful and overwhelming and I'm only playing a bit at a time. One for the evenings when I can settle down and spend an hour or so on a couple of quests.
- Bowser's Fury is my secondary game, one for evenings when I've had too rough a day to risk my sanity on the altar of MHR's deluge of information.
- Finally, I picked up I Am Dead, Annapurna's latest, off the eShop at 25% off. This is a weird one: it's basically, try and find the hidden object in the diorama thing. The gameplay's nice and relaxing, so this is one I play when I fancy a few cheeky minutes away from my work laptop during the weekday; but the visual style feels played out and the voice acting on the dog makes me want to be dead too. Not a recommendation at the moment. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 22:02

That's not good to hear about I Am Dead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 3:55

Balladeer wrote:
Monster Hunter Rise . . . only playing a bit at a time . . . spend an hour or so

I feel like I haven't had nearly as much time to play MHR as I'd have liked, what with the day job, podcasting and stuff.
I've played 28 hours.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 9:51

I'm on 16 but would be more but thought better give Balan a bash and catch up with some anime.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 2 Apr 2021 - 18:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyFri 2 Apr 2021 - 17:08

That sounds about right for you chaps!

I have... dropped IAD.  Definitely do not recommend.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 23:15

gjones wrote:
Rum wrote:
I went back to Sonia Mania having felt like I never gave it a proper go

Can't help myself:

Brilliant. Laughing

I've been playing just a wee bit of Monster Hunter Rise to the surprise of nobody. And by just a wee bit I mean 50 hours...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 21:15

fryshocked.gif

Okay, I have to ask: who's the Tails Sonia?  I think I'd find GJones' pictures a lot funnier if I got any of them. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Apr 2021 - 13:42

Balladeer wrote:
Okay, I have to ask: who's the Tails Sonia?  I think I'd find GJones' pictures a lot funnier if I got any of them. Embarrassed

She's the mononymous Sonia! She did Eurovision decades ago and sang "Better the Devil You Know". And there's Sonia from Eastenders and Sonia from Mortal Kombat (I think?). There ends your Sonia lesson.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Apr 2021 - 16:30

Rum wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

She's the mononymous Sonia! She did Eurovision decades ago and sang "Better the Devil You Know". And there's Sonia from Eastenders and Sonia from Mortal Kombat (I think?). There ends your Sonia lesson.

Nailed it. I wasn't familiar with the mononymous Sonia so I was scraping the barrel there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:39

Ah okay! I did get the other two Sonias. I think I also missed out on Rum's misspelling which didn't help at all!

I'm now playing five Switch games, six if you count the current co-op offering. Not sure if good or bad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 14:30

What is those 6 games?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 17:02

I downloaded the BioShock Collection because it was only £16 and I think it'll be a novelty to play them in handheld mode. Plus it's been years since I've played them (I think I originally played the first BioShock in 2009, 2010?) so it'll be a nostalgia trip. £5.33 for each game is a bargain! (Though I am also aware the collection is occasionally reduced to like £8 total on the PS Store which is even crazier.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 9:57

I bought that trilogy on card for the full 6000 yen and I've played like an hour of it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 19:48

Curious to know how well or otherwise it's aged Rum. BioShock is a game I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy but feel like I should play. Shifty

masofdas wrote:
What is those 6 games?

Possibly overegging the pudding to say I'm going to keep playing 6 games in tandem, but as of this past week:
  • Monster Hunter Rise because well duh. Currently just up to the post-2* emergency quest, but still need to murder a Great Jaggi and capture a Lagombi to finish the bunch. I am making very slow progress.
  • Tales of Vesperia, which might be my main game again now. Enjoyable RPG with great characters that I paused to play BD2 despite it probably being better than BD2.
  • West of Loathing. Only just left the first town. Picked the black horse and Doctor Alice. Not sure if this was wise or not.
  • Alwa's Legacy, as seen in eShop topic. Metroidvania. Just started.
  • The Last Campfire, also as seen in eShop topic. Also just started. That narrator though. No
  • The Stretchers. It's a comedy co-op adventure published by Ninty themselves, but it's aesthetically a bit weak.
  • And finally, this weekend I added New Super Mario Bros. U to the mix as another co-op game. We got on with SM3DW so thought we'd try this, and I never got Super Luigi U on Wii U so thought it might be worth my while anyway, and it was on sale. I'm a bit Neutral on this so far: coming back to it after SM3DW is like coming to Bowser's Fury after Mario Odyssey. It feels really limited and looks not as colourful.

Sooooooo yep. Lotsa games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 0:21

Is Super Luigi U included in the NSMBUD package? I wasn't sure. I never finished that back in the day so that makes me more excited to take it out of the cellophane!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next