We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 9:19

I've got it downloaded, just haven't had the chance to dive in yet. Looking forward to it though for sure.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 9:37

It's in Game Pass, so I might give it a try but I'm deep into XC3 and likely get to games I've bought before ones in a sub after that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 8:39

With those games, they start off alright, but after a while, when you have to start up 12 hospitals or whatever, it always fells like "oh no not this again but with more annoying shit"; I really hope Campus has broken that curse; let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 20:03

masofdas wrote:
It's in Game Pass, so I might give it a try but I'm deep into XC3 and likely get to games I've bought before ones in a sub after that.

Mas did, of course, finish XC3 less than four days after posting this.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 20:09

Got to love 11hr sessions
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 20:45

...you absolute madman. No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 12:30

I've been trying to find something to play following XC2. Here's what I've dabbled with so far.

This War of Mine - probably too depressing to play, to be honest. Also, a bit fiddly in regards to the controls on Switch.

Steamworld Dig - I'm already getting bored of having to trek back up to the surface. I may stick with this if someone can tell me if there's an upgrade which eliminates having to do that.

Sayonara Wild Hearts - I decided to see if I could Gold Rank every stage on this. I tried, and I am not good enough to do that. Laughing

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - I'm finally going back to this to polish off the second game in the collection!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 12:45

JayMoyles wrote:
Sayonara Wild Hearts - I decided to see if I could Gold Rank every stage on this. I tried, and I am not good enough to do that. Laughing
This was one of those ideas I planned to go back to and never did.
Quote :
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - I'm finally going back to this to polish off the second game in the collection!
Everything past the third case has been sitting on my switch unplayed, but I think my UK trip may finally be the time.
Also, a friend and colleague has recently revealed that A) she's planning to get a Switch and B) she's always wanted to be a lawyer, so I plan to make a convert of her soon!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 12:46

I'm playing Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey, it's a very odd game but nice pace after XC3.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 12:47

Buskalilly wrote:

Also, a friend and colleague has recently revealed that A) she's planning to get a Switch and B) she's always wanted to be a lawyer, so I plan to make a convert of her soon!

She can finally live out her dreams of cross-examining a parrot.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 17:04

Jimbob wrote:
With those games, they start off alright, but after a while, when you have to start up 12 hospitals or whatever, it always fells like "oh no not this again but with more annoying shit"; I really hope Campus has broken that curse; let us know how it goes!

You’re spot on, that’s already starting to happen. The loop of building halls of residence, lecture theatres and student unions is already getting a bit repetitive (as it always becomes in these sorts of games). Also, even though it’s well-intentioned to get you used to the mechanics of the game, I think Two Point Campus is too slow in introducing new gameplay elements, courses, support services, items and projects. There’s loads of depth in other places though, with tons of scope to shape the lives of the students and staff.

I’ve opened a university that’s got the exact curse that you’re talking about – I’ve got to build the same libraries and facilities while a wizard shoots lightning bolts from the sky trying to destroy everything. That’s while I’m also - *groan* - having to micromanage the heating and temperature. I’ve been on this campus for nearly five real-life hours now, just not making much progress at all. I’ve had fun for sure, but I can see me putting Two Point Campus down and coming back to it again.

JayMoyles wrote:

Steamworld Dig - I'm already getting bored of having to trek back up to the surface. I may stick with this if someone can tell me if there's an upgrade which eliminates having to do that.

What’s grand about Steamworld Dig is that it’s only a few hours long – stick with it, you’re almost done. I can’t honestly remember if there’s an upgrade that stops you from having to trek back to the surface though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 17:33

Is there not some sort of fast travel? I may be getting it confused with Dig 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 20:03

I certainly don't remember Dig having that. Might have made me less frustrated with it as well, although I was at the height of my procgen annoyance so probably not.

Buskalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Everything past the third case has been sitting on my switch unplayed, but I think my UK trip may finally be the time.
Imagine leaving it at the third case! I'm sure other things came along, but that's like leaving Wind Waker just after the Forbidden Fortress stealth section. It's only from that point on that the game really opens up. In fact, it's only from that point on that you have investigations and trials in the same case, if I remember correctly?

masofdas wrote:
I'm playing Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation - The Endless Seven-Day Journey, it's a very odd game but nice pace after XC3.
I was interested in this, but(t) I just think Shin-Chan himself would get on my nerves if I played it, what with his mooning and going after a girl being his primary motivation.

(Yes I'm still on XC3, and probably will be for another 60 hours. Shifty )
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2022 - 13:08

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I’ve opened a university that’s got the exact curse that you’re talking about – I’ve got to build the same libraries and facilities while a wizard shoots lightning bolts from the sky trying to destroy everything.

Reminds me of my uni days to a T.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

What’s grand about Steamworld Dig is that it’s only a few hours long – stick with it, you’re almost done. I can’t honestly remember if there’s an upgrade that stops you from having to trek back to the surface though.

If it's that short, then I might stick with it. I can't say I was having a grand time with it though, but at least it won't overstay its welcome from the sounds of things.

Balladeer wrote:
In fact, it's only from that point on that you have investigations and trials in the same case, if I remember correctly?

That's right - Cases 1 and 3 are just trials and Case 2 is just an investigation.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Aug 2022 - 9:16

Ya gotta finish SteamWorld Dig, ya gotta.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 16:35

I tried out that Tinykin demo yesterday and I think a fair few folk on here would really enjoy it, it's a nice wee mix of Pikmin with some light 3d platforming. If it wasn't for a stack of unplayed switch games I have it'd probably be a day one buy when it releases on the 30th but for now it goes on the growing eShop wishlist.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 20:08

I will give it a download on Game Pass but as you say a pile of Switch games first.

I'm playing Demon Slayer at the moment which has more to it than I thought, as I was just thinking anime scenes with fighting, nope get to walk around villages and the scenes all done in game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2022 - 14:13

Treesmurf wrote:
Is there not some sort of fast travel? I may be getting it confused with Dig 2.

It did have a fast travel system - teleporters which you could readily buy with the orbs currency. I stuck with it and polished it off - tidy wee game, but I am glad it wasn't any longer than it was as it was growing a bit tiresome just digging down endlessly. I did like the actual level areas though and I've heard the sequel has more non-procedurally generated bits like that in it, which sounds grand.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:04

What am I playing then?

- Pikmin 3 still, apparently, barely.
- Opus: Echo of Starsong, a space-age visual novel with echoes (ha) of Andy's favourite DS game, Infinite Space.  Very small echoes mind.  This is a bit slow and trudging with its story, so it might get chucked out the window soon.
- The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story, the main reason I'm making this post.  Anybody else had a look?  I'm not pretending it's the highest-reviewed or least-niche title out there, but an FMV murder mystery from Square, with apparently an all-star Japanese cast, at 30% off or whatever it was, ended up being too much to pass up.  I'm impressed with the setting and the costumes - the acting is traditional FMV-game levels for the most part, with all the subtlety that entails.
- Live-A-Live.  Bloody idiot caveman.
- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.  I remember reading about the card combination system in this ages ago and being fascinated by the possibilities, and now I'm finally playing what is my first proper Castlevania!  (Not including Bloodstained, and I don't really include Mirror of Fate.)  It's light and breezy fun so far, we'll see if that continues.

I imagine you're all off being kids now and also squids now.  Anybody else playing something as weird as an FMV murder mystery from Square?

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 21:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:51

I might have been right about OPUS then?

I've got Centennial Case in my wish list as I don't want to pay £40 for it, and I hope for a half price sale at some point.

Playing
- Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden, which I've done chapter 0.
- Splatoon 3, not a huge amount so far but as I got it digital I've sort dropped into a few matches here & there then done something else

A few eShop games coming I may pick up and AI: The Somnium Files won a poll I did that I will start that soon, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 21:22

You might! I might not find out properly!

Sigh, Voice of Cards. That'll come my way soon enough I suspect. As in, I'll buy it, and then be moderately disappointed in it and myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:23

Well I did say it was a 7/10 game, with you maybe not be continuing likely means it wasn't that 9/10 PC reviewers seemed to have given it. Ohh no, does that mean Strange Horticulture might be meh?

I've still got VoC2 in my Top 10 of the year, yet so far VoC3 just fine, but maybe the new you capture monsters or beasts Winky Face mechanic works out well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 14:00

Balladeer wrote:
 Anybody else playing something as weird as an FMV murder mystery from Square?

I'm not sure if I could top that, but I did start playing OMORI last night. I think I'm really going to get a lot out of this. Oodles of Undertale/Earthbound style writing, some gorgeous pencil-drawn style art for battles and cutscenes, a pretty interesting battle system and a story that I think is going to resonate with me massively considering it seems like it'll be delving into mental health in a unique way. I only had time for an hour's gameplay last night, but it was a very promising introduction to what could be my game of the year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 20:21

I'm amazed that you like the Earthbound-alike RPG Jay. Winky Face Omori's on my wishlist, ready for a rainy day. How you find it could change when that rainy day is!

masofdas wrote:
Well I did say it was a 7/10 game, with you maybe not be continuing likely means it wasn't that 9/10 PC reviewers seemed to have given it. Ohh no, does that mean Strange Horticulture might be meh?

I've still got VoC2 in my Top 10 of the year, yet so far VoC3 just fine, but maybe the new you capture monsters or beasts Winky Face mechanic works out well.

I think Strange Horticulture probably isn't at its best on Switch anyway!

I don't like the look of that wink... Suspect Anyway, VoC2 was on sale and fell into my Switch, so we'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 22:17

Wink was because of the games subtitle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 15 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next