Cruisin' Eastward

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
Muss
Balladeer
The_Jaster
neil
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Jul 2021 - 23:22

@Treesmurf wrote:
Regarding the Joy-Cons, the hope for me would be that they'd quietly fix any going forward anyway, there's no reason the Joy-Cons on this can't be of a higher quality in the same way the new Zelda ones could. They're definitely aware of how big an issue it is so the question remains whether it's worth the effort of fixing future ones or whether they can afford to keep selling sub-par controllers, now I've wrote this I'm starting to think the latter. Shocked

I'd say I'm a little disappointed in a way myself but only because we'd been told to expect something better, really it's the "leakers" people should be mad with, not Nintendo.

They can definitely get away with selling old rope. There is a possibility that they haven't come out and said anything, even though they've done a fix, because doing so would acknowledge that Nintendo is at fault and open the door for class-action lawsuits; but they can definitely get away with selling old rope.

Agreed wholeheartedly on your leakers' point.

As for the general 'do we need more power' point, assuming we're about a year behind the curve because of COVID, we're in the fourth year of the Switch from a development and ideas right now. Based on past machines, especially Nintendo's home consoles, I'd expect at least a couple more years perfecting what's on offer now before leaping into a (generational) power upgrade. The New 3DS didn't exactly inspire a whole bunch of games that showed more power was 'needed' at that point. As Muss says, we've had a couple of iffy frame rates here and there, but that in and of itself isn't a reason to go Pro.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 5:38

Press have gone hands on with the OLED, seems they like it and seen compare going GBA to SP or guess Jas's DS to DS XL.

I think it all comes down to how Nintendo perceives the Switch, as I shown the numbers and we could be only few years off a new generation or hey it's here's a Pro we can get 8 years from Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:01

Considering I play my Switch docked and with the Pro Controller, there was nearly no reason I'd be upgrading beyond a whopper performance upgrade - having a PS5 is really making me notice when I switch to a game that runs at 30fps considering how used to 60fps I am now Laughing - but that'd be it. So, with all that said...

@Crumpy Andy wrote:
It's a no from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:22

If you start going on about your bloody PS5 in every thread I swear to God... Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:31

Now that I know it's going to wind you up... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
neil
Stability Update
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Jul 2021 - 13:08

I ordered one of these things earlier. Argos have them, or did this morning. I have almost zero excitement for it, but figure if I sell my existing Switch it won't cost that much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2