We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 7:35

Back to Tales Of The Abyss, after temporarily giving up on Shantae. Mind you, many hours in the Grindcopter are needed on TOTA at the moment and I've lost patience with the battling. Dance It's the perfect storm!

Can't we just have ORAS now?! Aww!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 21:42

Okamiden.

It's basicallly Okami (you all played Okami didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?) but he skips wike a widdle puppy!
What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 7787
Loving it so far - it's been a few years since I finished the first game, and the similar layout makes me feel nostalgic rather than worry about predictability.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 19:42

Much easier to do the brush strokes on the DS screen than with the Wii Remote. Ugh. Okamiden is a sweet little game; hope you keep enjoying it, sir!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 10:23

I feel bad for not bothering with it now. Picked it up on 3DS launch day, but it was inevitably put to the side as I tried out my shiny new handheld's games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 10:25

Great game - one of my top ten DS games, no questions asked. The best Zelda on the DS in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 10:33

Guess that's my next game to be playing, now that I've finished Radiant Historia (you've just reminded me about that one too!)

I really enjoyed Radiant Historia, I think it's DS's top RPG, period, or at least tied with The World Ends With You.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 19:52

Tetris Ultimate. It was £15 and you can't argue with that. Won't be playing it for too much longer, though! Bounce
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 9:01

Shovel Knight really wants some of my gaming time, but it's something I feel that I need to settle down and get in the groove for. As such, I've mostly been beating up CPUs in SSB3DS.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:45

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, natch. Persona Q's arriving today too. Can't wait!

I've been revisiting some games on the New 3DS XL. Super stable 3D really is something else, gyro controls work on Star Fox 64 3D without breaking the 3D effect. And the C-Stick works surprisingly well on Metal Gear Solid 3D.

ZeroJones wrote:
Tetris Ultimate. It was £15 and you can't argue with that. Won't be playing it for too much longer, though! Bounce

Ooh, thoughts? I'm debating whether to get Hudson's Tetris/Tetris Axis over this, though I just realised the online features will probably be better on Ultimate because it's "newer".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 14:02

I'm going to start Ruby first as it's red and reminds me of pokemon red.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:37

fronkhead wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Ooh, thoughts? I'm debating whether to get Hudson's Tetris/Tetris Axis over this, though I just realised the online features will probably be better on Ultimate because it's "newer".

Poor Hudson. No

Having played both, Axis is more fun-oriented whereas Ultimate is very serious. You unlock modes in Ultimate and the two on-line games I've played in were both as smooth as you like (beaten twice, waah!). Of the two Ultimate edges it, although the current remix of the classic Tetris theme is not good. Not good at all.

~~~

Alpha Sapphire! It's on like Drapion.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:50

Having just completed Pokémon Omega Ruby, I decided to play an eShop game before I moved onto my next big game. So I've started Sayonara Umihara Kawase.

Bloody Hell. Mechanically I'm finding it interesting, but it's really, really hard work, and it really, really makes you pay for small faults. As pure as it is, in my opinion it is massively frustrating. There's definitely something here though. I'll stick with it for now, but everyone's got their breaking point...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:52

I quite liked the idea of that game, Cap, but now I'm not so sure...

Street Gangs and Shovel Knight for me, up to press. Both great shouts.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 6:41

It's a shame to hear that, Cap - fronky had kindled my interest in the game on The Twitter but if it's mean I'll have no time for it. Aww!

~~~

Still Alpha Sapphire; trying to do the Delta Episode but keep getting distracted by the new monsters lurking in the grass...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 7:20

Also Alpha Sapphire. Kyogre was being a stroppy bastard last night: who gives the box legendary a healing move? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 7:29

My team was so weak at that stage that the Master Ball was used. I feel no shame. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 10:15

Currently nothing really but as I'm going to pick up the New 3DS I would like to have something to play on it

I could of continue with Alpha (I've finished Omega) but would like something new to maybe play or old as I know Fronk went back to Castlevania after getting a New 3DS and loved also he's said other games because of the better 3D he's also went back to.

Bering that in mind is there anything worth picking up, I'm mainly thinking Persona Q or Fantasy Life but I know Kingdom Hearts 3D will use the C-Stick on the New 3DS so that might be a worth a go.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 11:43

Were some games originally designed with the possibility of a C-stick in mind, then? Kingdom Hearts 3D is older than the Milky Way!

Did you play Kirby Triple Deluxe, mas? I'll bet that looks great on New 3DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 11:48

Some use the circle pad pro and as the New 3DS has one built in (well a little smaller) that they can take advantage of the hardware.

I played the demo of Kirby and was good, might be one worth looking out for.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:02

Ah, of course. I'd forgotten about the CPP, having never bothered with one. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:30

Fantasy Life is the only game worth playing there Razz (That is excluding Kirby, which I have so far played 1 world of and enjoyed)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:51

After looking on Amazon as I can see every 3DS game, I'm thinking one of these

Fantasy Life, Some high praise from a lot of people I know & great reviews also a lot of content but I know Balla not a fan at all

Kirby: Triple Deluxe, What I did play on a 2DS was fun and might be the best use of the 3D on the New 3DS out of this lot

Persona Q, Looked interesting when it came out and what I've heard from Fronk it's really good

TheatRhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Loved the first so more can only be good but deosn't really show of the New 3DS in away and some of the others that don't might be better games

Kingdom Hearts 3D, I can use that nub on the New 3DS with this but it's a hard to find expensive game

Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl, Never played one this of course is the first in the series but Persona Q might be the better dungeon crawler to start of with.

also Rune Factory 4 is a possibility but that's a download, heard nothing but great things about this from Fronk.

So what one guys at the moment Stu & Balla are saying Kirby & Andy says Fantasy Life (might be different as I've added some more choices)

Yes I know this is what am I playing not what I will be playing thread but didn't feel it was necessary to make a what game should I get thread.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 13:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 13:00

Rune Factory 4 is also superb, though slightly lacking in character compared to previous entries.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 13:04

It's the cheapest option that.

I've never played one before, so characters lacking compared to others isn't a issue.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 13:05

I wouldn't say I'm "not a fan at all" when it comes to FL. You just have to be careful how you play it: the game encourages you to take on lots of jobs, but it's easy to become bogged down that way. Better to mostly follow the plot, I reckon. It's certainly beautifully presented.

Can recommend Kirby, though. Not hard (it's a Kirby game), but cheerful fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 13 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next