We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 17:28

If Monkey Ball is a puzzler, then - F**K IT - so is Monster Hunter.

It's not? Of course it isn't. This thread needs sense. Where are these puzzles in Super Monkey Ball? I've asked this before in this thread and (as far as I recall) nobody has come back to me with an answer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:01

Easy! Monkey Ball's out. We're trying to figure out whether WWSM is in, and (given that it's placed once already) how in it is. Here's a thing, though: Kororinpa places in Metacritic's list of puzzle games. It's a Monkey Ball-a-like, and yet... Current standings are in the OP, as always.

On a different topic, voting for week 6 is over! Back up to 12 votes this week - I would have hoped for more, this being platformers and all, but by this stage forumites seem to have decided whether they're voters or non-voters, which is a shame. Anyway, everyone sent in 5 games, which is great! Interestingly, the top five this week mirror mine, only with a couple of swapped positions:

Fifth place:
Spoiler:

Fourth place:
Spoiler:

Third place:
Spoiler:

Second place:
Spoiler:

Our Wiikly Winner:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions: (New additions: games in bold were voted for by more than one person. Games in red were someone's first choice.)
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Whee! Done done done. Since Runner only got one mention at all, that being someone complaining about its classification, I'm tempted to give it another chance to place in the rhythm category. It might do better there. And do people like the red and bold thing for the honourable mentions?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:31

Another excellent week! Rayman Origins is one of my favourite platformers of all time, but I played it to death on Vita, so I honestly never considered it in the Wii rankings (though I do own it). And it's great to see that the willy heads were overruled in favour of Super Mario Galaxy. Winky Face

How is A Boy and His Blob a platformer first and foremost? Surely it's a puzzle game? That's the set of votes I'm keeping it for.

I liked the highlights and reds for the honourable/dishonourable mentions, by the way. It was interesting to see that I was the only one who voted for Sonic Colours. *sob*
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:47

Argh, not another one. Hissy fit ABahB has enemies and parachute jumping, and the rocket sections remind me of DKCR - surely that it makes it a platform game? Although since it didn't rank, I'm not entirely averse to including it in this week as well, if people agree that it's more puzzle than platform.

I just learnt that it has a hug button. Love This is another old Wii game I need to catch up on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:50

Balladeer wrote:
Easy! Monkey Ball's out. We're trying to figure out whether WWSM is in, and (given that it's placed once already) how in it is. Here's a thing, though: Kororinpa places in Metacritic's list of puzzle games. It's a Monkey Ball-a-like, and yet... Current standings are in the OP, as always.

I'd not class WWSM as a puzzler. It's a minigame title to me, always has been, always will. I'd keep Kororinpa as puzzler, just so I have something to vote for more than anything else!

Good list as always from the forum. Glad to see common sense prevailed and Galaxy 1 got the win. Winky Face

Votes shall be coming in very very shortly, as always Balla!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 19:23

Happy to see that four of my top five made the list. I'd like to know who voted for Klonoa at the top of their list, so I can buy them a pint. Surprised to see that Kirby's Adventure Wii didn't receive a single mention, as it was a serious consideration for my vote. Maybe I just enjoyed it more than everybody else. Anyhoo, some great, great games mentioned - good hustle, team.

~

I don't see why a boy and his blob can't be a puzzler and a platformer. It's a hybrid, and a damn good one at that.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 19:26

Balladeer wrote:
Argh, not another one. Hissy fit ABahB has enemies and parachute jumping, and the rocket sections remind me of DKCR - surely that it makes it a platform game? Although since it didn't rank, I'm not entirely averse to including it in this week as well, if people agree that it's more puzzle than platform.

I just learnt that it has a hug button. Love This is another old Wii game I need to catch up on.

I've just revisited a few levels from A Boy and His Blob, and there's (much) more platforming in there than I remember. Will we be able to vote for it as a puzzle game anyway? A puzzle-platformer, if you will.

Yep! It has a hug button, a button to call Blob, and a button to tell him to 'Calm down'.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 19:53

I'm predicting this will be the most eclectic week yet. I can't see any clear cut winners from the genre lists I've been through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 19:55

I gather things like another code come under puzzle, this is a hard week I think.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 19:59

Yup! As listed in the OP.

Stu_the_great wrote:
I've just revisited a few levels from A Boy and His Blob, and there's (much) more platforming in there than I remember. Will we be able to vote for it as a puzzle game anyway? A puzzle-platformer, if you will.

Yep! It has a hug button, a button to call Blob, and a button to tell him to 'Calm down'.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You may, if you've been paying very careful attention, have noticed that I'm heavily unwilling to allow overlap. But... given that it didn't rank last time, yes, I suppose. I'm doing the same with Runner anyway.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:15

@Phillips - Kirby's Adventure Wii! I should have at least honourably mentioned it. Embarrassed At the risk of stirring controversy (which this thread has notably avoided so far Winky Face ) I enjoyed it more than Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Another unsurprising result - I'm another willy head. Razz

Puzzle games? This is going to be tricky. Most of the puzzle games I own are handheld-based. Thinking cap ON!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:16

@Balladeer: Great! I'm a little low on submissions for this week's genre, but with that I should be able to submit at least three.

Who awarded Epic Yarn a first place, by the way? Well done, that person!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:42

masofdas wrote:
I gather things like another code come under puzzle, this is a hard week I think.
There's no point in debating over a game that nobody should vote for anyway Razz
Rayman was a real tough one for me to vote for as I love that game so very much, as quoted I've played it twice, platinummed it twice and I intend to borrow my friends Xbox version to 1000G it, however I couldn't rate it above Epic Mickey as I've not played the Wii version. Speaking of which Epic Micket was robbed! I love Epic Yarn and DKCR as much as the next guy but come on Epic Mickey is amazeballs!
Sonic Colours nearly got a dishonourable mention from me, though I seem to be the only person in the world whose screen seemed to be covered in a grey filter constantly. This made it unplayable to me so I don't have a totally clear view about it. What I played was awful though.
I like the new colour system though it makes me pretty sad I was the only person to vote for A Shadow's Tale.
Finally I've never played Kirby's Adventure so I should probably get hunting down a copy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:57

The Puzzle week won't be that hard for me as I only own one wii puzzle game (that I remember anyway) anyone care to rattle off a wee list to see if any jog my poor memory?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 22:04

Zack and Wiki, Sam and Max, Tales of Monkey Island, Hydroventure(We are classing that as a puzzler right?), Boom Blox and Bash Party to name a few off the top of my head.
Does Trauma Centre fit here? I don't remember it in other weeks.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 0:27

I don't find this round too difficult to pick games for. I'm quite comfortable with my favourite Wii puzzlers. This is where WiiWare starts to shine.

Kororinpa, for me, is a lot hazier than Super Monkey Ball; though it has many more puzzle elements than Super Monkey Ball's zero, it still shares many of the core values as the likes of Mario, Sonic and, er, Bubsy.

Here's another one for you...anyone considering voting for Bomberman Blast? I consider that to be a puzzler too, in that it tests your concentration, relexes and awareness in a confined play area much like games such as Tetris and Mr. Driller do.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 0:33

I can follow your logic on Bomberman but I think it might be a better fit for other (a catagory I think Monkey Ball would probably serve better in now I've remembered it existed).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 1:03

Yeah, I seen this 'Other' category a while back...there's honestly only one game on Wii that I think fits in there, and it's the 'Vegetable Barbershop simulation' Bonsai Barber. I can't think of anything else because I believe there is nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 7:44

andyman949 wrote:
...Hydroventure(We are classing that as a puzzler right?)...
Does Trauma Centre fit here? I don't remember it in other weeks.

For Hydroventure... noooo. I don't think so, anyway (haven't played it). It got an honourable mention in platformers (no votes though), but NGamer described it as vaguely Metroid-esque and I'd be inclined to put it in the already bloated adventure week for that. Thoughts?

As for Trauma Centre... It appears in this list, so it would go in by default, but I wonder how puzzley it is. Again, haven't played it, so I defer to those who have. Maybe it could fit in "other"? (Where I'm still inclined to put Endless Ocean.)

I don't quite get this emphasis on "reflexes and concentration" for puzzle games either (awareness I can see). The CoD series tests these, whereas the Professor Layton games don't. Not saying they don't matter at times, but I don't think they're defining qualities for a puzzle game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 8:37

I think Adventure sounds good for Hydroventure, it's very explorey.
Wikipedia says Trauma Centre is a Visual Novel/ Simulation game which doesn't help much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 10:21

Sounds like "other" to me! Still open to discussion on that though. (Bringing the number of times I've updated the OP to 37...)

Okay, here's another problem: episodic games. I allowed StH4E1 as a vote last week (much against my better judgement, I might add), but am tempted to include Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future: the Game as single votes. Reasoning: Wikipedia has them under the same article. Thoughts? (And in case it's not obvious, point-and-clicks are in this week.)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 19:46

I forgot about NSMBWii. Oh.

Hey, does And Yet It Moves count as a puzzler? (Don't tell Balla)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 8:59

No! Don't take the pee. Tongue

Just to clarify my current stance on episodic games, and the one I'll be using unless people pipe up otherwise: if the games have separate Wikipedia articles, like the Sam & Max series, they get voted for as separate games. Otherwise they get lumped together as one, like Tales from Monkey Island and Back to the Future. This keeps it consistent with the vote for Sonic 4 Episode 1 last week. Comments and complaints welcome!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 9:30

I must say I'm a tad confused about Sam and Max. Are you referring to Sam and Max as seperate voting for Save the World and Beyond Time and Space, 2 seperate boxed Wii games, or are you saying we can vote for the 5/6 episodes in the seasons individually Laughing If anything I'd say it was Tales of Monkey Island that should be voted for episodically if you wanted as they were released seperately on Wiiware and I've personally never seen a disc for it, though I still think the season as a whole should be voted for as they aren't very fulfilling individually.

With Sonic 4 the 2 games are barely related other than the Metal Sonic cross save thing (which I don't even know if Wiiware had) so I think it makes sense that they're seperated as they aren't really related.

As for Trauma Centre Other sounds fine to me!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 10:05

Apologies for the confusion:
  • S&M (eww) are grouped by disc.
  • ToMI are grouped by series, i.e. one game.

If it's still confusing, check the articles on Wikipedia. Each article gets its own vote!

(Now watch somebody find an example of when I didn't do this in a previous week. Pre-emptive DAMN YOU! at that person!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 13 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next