We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 14:00

Making a serious effort to begin using my Wii U again. Having said that, perhaps buying Ruby and Sapphire Pinball was not the best way to go about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 21:21

I'm actually playing something on the Wii U at the moment in Project Zero / Fatal Frame, I've only done the prologue and episode 1 but so far so good.

The game has gotten mixed reviews with some saying if you like the rest in the series and proper survival horror games of yesteryear then you'll like it but some have said it doesn't hold up to todays standards.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 19:17

I've been umming and aahing about the demo for that.

In any case, I've slammed Twilight Princess in the disc slot. This time I'll crack it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 20:06

Well like you say theres a demo of the game but from what I've played I wouldn't recommend to Andy as I know he doesn't like proper resident evils etc but I would say yeah check it out to Jas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 20:19

I made a start on Bayonetta 2 last night, so good seeing these crazy characters again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Nov 2015 - 18:44

I'm playing Bayonetta 2 as well! Loads of fun, though the new guy has possibly the worst accent I've ever heard. Up to chapter IX.

Also been co-oping Rayman Legends with assorted flatmates. Also a lot of fun - although severe potential for falling out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 1:52

Rum Rapture wrote:
I'm playing Bayonetta 2 as well! Loads of fun, though the new guy has possibly the worst accent I've ever heard. Up to chapter IX.

Also been co-oping Rayman Legends with assorted flatmates. Also a lot of fun - although severe potential for falling out.

Is this the one Bayonetta calls "little one" ? Also surely a bit of Kung foot will sort out those potential falling out problems on Rayman.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 7:15

I hated Loki, only bad part of that game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 7:32

He annoyed the hell out of me at first but I got past it, Love.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 13:03

First progress on Twilight Princess in two and a half years! Embarrassed I've made it to Snowpeak Ruins, and I am hopeful that I never have to fish in-game ever again. DAMN YOU!

Also, Freedom Planet, which plays and looks like a lost Mega Drive game (exactly as it should, given its heritage). The Story Mode, though, seems to have more characters than all of Shakespeare's plays combined... and it loves getting them all to have long chats, when I just want to platform like the best of them. Well, like me, at least. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 13:19

You don't (maybe if you want a Heart Piece? Can't remember), but I clearly had many fewer problems with TP's fishing than then rest of you. A bit fiddly, but you get used to it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 10:43

ZeroJones wrote:
First progress on Twilight Princess in two and a half years! Embarrassed I've made it to Snowpeak Ruins, and I am hopeful that I never have to fish in-game ever again. DAMN YOU!

Also, Freedom Planet, which plays and looks like a lost Mega Drive game (exactly as it should, given its heritage). The Story Mode, though, seems to have more characters than all of Shakespeare's plays combined... and it loves getting them all to have long chats, when I just want to platform like the best of them. Well, like me, at least. Winky Face

They may of copied Sonic to much then, but this has reminded me that I need to download Freedom Planet
What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 Sonic_and_his_friends__rivals__and_enemies_final2_by_9029561-d6v7o30

Your about halfway through Twilight, also what issues with TP it works fine on my GameCube Dance
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 17:15

ZeroJones wrote:

I think arcade mode cuts out the long chats.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:25

I have read that elsewhere - just a little too late. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 9:15

I got ZombiU for Christmas - c-c-c-c-c-current! - s'alright. It's proper scary when you get surrounded, and you definitely feel like you're in London! I don't know if I like the "immersive control scheme" - in theory it makes sense, but it feels a bit gimmicky. Tapping a button on the touchpad to scan for zombies, but then holding the L button down and shifting the view around to scan for everything else... this is just confusing. Also, twice in two days I've heard a British person call them flashlights instead of torches Naughty (Alien: Isolation, we're looking at you) But it's also been a good spectator sport for people around the TV.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 11:44

I've went back home for Christmas, and I brought my Wii U with me so I can use their broadband and play some stuff online (I just tether my internet through my phone the other 50 weeks of the year, which doesn't let me play anything over the internet, natch).

In short, Mario Kart 8 and SSB for Wii U are even better than I remembered, Splatoon is a much better online game than in single player (but I still don't think it's as amazing as everybody's been saying), and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is still a colossal waste.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:01

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

In short, Mario Kart 8 and SSB for Wii U are even better than I remembered, Splatoon is a much better online game than in single player (but I still don't think it's as amazing as everybody's been saying), and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is still a colossal waste.

Can't really speak for the rest, but from what I've seen of Smash Wii U and played of Smash 3DS, it's a huge improvement over Brawl's online. There's still lag (you are still playing a fighting game online, and even the slightest bit of delay is noticeable) but it's nowhere near the mess of Brawl's online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2016 - 0:32

I've went back home for Christmas, and I brought my Wii U with me so I can use their broadband and play some stuff online (I just tether my internet through my phone the other 50 weeks of the year, which doesn't let me play anything over the internet, natch).

Ive been playing Splatoon today and I'm very much in the amazing camp, since the extra ranked modes we're introduced it really feels like a proper online shooter, I think it just needs a few friends to play alongside to make it really thrive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2016 - 12:40

Treesmurf wrote:

Ive been playing Splatoon today and I'm very much in the amazing camp, since the extra ranked modes we're introduced it really feels like a proper online shooter,  I think it just needs a few friends to play alongside to make it really thrive.

I'd be up for getting a GNamer squad going this weekend for some ranked games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyWed 6 Jan 2016 - 17:01

Xenoblade Chronicles X has really become one of those games that I can't stop playing. I have to prevent myself from strapping myself into it when I get home, then pull myself away from it when it comes to going to bed. It's got a severe level of "one more quest, one more item, one more corner turned and see what's beyond". The world's absolutely gorgeous, with so much locked away above me for Skell access later.

Surely Athrun and I can't be the only ones on here keen on this? It's up there with the very best I've played on Wii U, almost certainly the best primarily single-player game. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyWed 6 Jan 2016 - 20:41

XCX is one of very few games I agree with Andy on, I don't want to pass judgement after 3hrs but on my backlog XCX is right down my to play list, if I get around to playing anything on the Wii U.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 9:19

A person gets what they put in with games like this, if one puts in little then that's what one receives.  To put it bluntly.

I'm not still playing the game religiously 120 hours in for no reason.  I'm still playing because the game continues to open up as I pour more time in to it.  I gain new skills and arts to learn how to mix and match, I gain new equipment to figure out how to use, I get access to more of the world as I get stronger and better, and it's all of that that keeps me coming back.  

It's also amazing how ones view of the game's world changes over the course of the game.  I still remember running around Primordia like a scared little rabbit, avoiding anything that looked like it could put up a fight, then I gained a Skell and things changed.  Now 100 hours later I fly around as a king.  I've grown to learn the landscape, the enemies, and I've grown in strength, and it all changes how the world feels and is viewed.  Very few games manage to pull that sort of thing off, and it's entirely because it was an actual journey that started from very humble beginnings.  

It's a very rare game that can hold my attention this long, on a single playthrough no less.  Most games aren't large enough in scope to keep it this long, and others focus on instant gratification to the point I lose interest very quickly.  

Xenoblade X >>>>> every other Wii U game I've played even if that number is only 3 games besides it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:51

Athrun888 wrote:
A person gets what they put in with games like this, if one puts in little then that's what one receives.  To put it bluntly.

I agree with that but I also agree with someone like Colin Moriarty (Kinda Funny games) who has been getting some stick about the lack of games he played in 2015 (over 50 he says) but his point he tried to make is time is precious and if game doesn't grab him then he doesn't continue and force his self to play, even if it gets good after 30hrs or something (that's not XCX that's any game), if that feels like a chore.

Our situation is slightly different to due financial reasons that we may buy a game and play it because we bought it and just can't drop it like someone like him.

That's I feel about XCX it's just not grab me, I will go back to it like I'm doing with DA:I after 12 months and I'm actually enjoying that more now then I did back when it came out.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:09

There are people who think playing 50 games in a year is small? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:13

I agree, that's insane. Maybe 50 iPhone games. I probably won't need another home console game for a couple of months with XCX.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 19 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next